No Condemnation In Christ Jesus

Dusty

Inactive
No Condemnation In Christ Jesus

John 4:27-42

The Disciples Rejoin Jesus

27 Just then his disciples returned and were surprised to find him talking with a woman. But no one asked, "What do you want?" or "Why are you talking with her?"

28Then, leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town and said to the people, 29 "Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Christ?
30 They came out of the town and made their way toward him.
31 Meanwhile his disciples urged him, "Rabbi, eat something."
32 But he said to them, "I have food to eat that you know nothing about."
33 Then his disciples said to each other, "Could someone have brought him food?"
34 "My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.
35 Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. 36Even now the reaper draws his wages, even now he harvests the crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together.
37 Thus the saying 'One sows and another reaps' is true.
38 I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor."

Many Samaritans Believe

39 Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman's testimony, "He told me everything I ever did."
40 So when the Samaritans came to him, they urged him to stay with them, and he stayed two days.
41 And because of his words many more became believers.
42 They said to the woman, "We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world."

The reason for this message about the Samaritan woman was that Jesus went beyond the barriers of that time . He spoke to a woman and she was a Samaritan woman. He wanted us to see that traditions that we hold on to can be broken so we also should be willing to go where we have never been before.

He broke the barrier of discrimination and prejudice by talking to this woman. We are the salt and light of the world so we are designed to impact people no matter their background ethnic race or culture.

Jesus did not condemn the woman even though He knew all about her. Evan the disciples when they returned and saw Jesus talking to this woman did not even ask any questions or condemn her . So how many times have we gone somewhere and something about some one or what they did or said did not sit well with what we thought are our traditions and we said something that could hurt that person. Maybe even a new Christian. Do you think that person will want to return again ?

After the encounter with Jesus the woman left her water jug and ran into town to tell people that there is one who can give living water. What greater testimony than that, that most of the Samaritans were saved because of one encounter with the Master.

We need to break down our traditional barriers and take decisive action by asking Jesus where He wants us to go and who He wants us to speak to .

I don't know about you but I live in a multi - culteral city where there are peoples from all nations living . I am the salt and light here and probably to some have never heard the gospel .
. For us here who have the seasons, The farmer gathers all the crops from a bountiful year. And in this passage in verse 35, Christ talks about harvest time. Jesus is gaining momentum here and tells us that the harvest is plentiful and the fields are ripe.

Some of the harvest priciples:

1--- Jar of predjudice.... We are the salt and light .... designed to impact people. We have to be like the Samaritan woman and leave our jar behind. She met Jesus in verse 28 and found that the things of this world will grow strangely dim in the light of His Glory and Grace. She found the living water.

2--- Jar of their own needs.... The disciples in verse 31 were more concerned with thier needs and searching for food for their bodies but Jesus told them "I have food you know nothing about" ." My food is to do the will of the Father" In other words..... Seek God first and He will take care of you.

3---- Jar of vision... Verse 35 He tells us to open our eyes and look. Sometimes even though we have our physical eyes open our spiritual eyes are not open. Don't limit God. The Harvest time is now. We must work for the Master as the time is right and the fields are ripe and ready for picking. One might sow and the next one reaps. We are all designed for different tasks.

4---- Jar of tradition... Traditional barriers have to be broken down and we live in a country or society where many cultures are the melting pot of the world ( At least that is true here in Toronto ). We must be willing to get out of our comfort zone, make a decision to be like Jesus and and go where we have never gone before.

5... Jar of decison.. We have to decide like the Samaritan woman to leave our jar ... go and tell people of the city about Jesus , make a decisive decision and take action.

dusty said:
he wanted us to see that traditions that we hold on to can be broken so we also should be willing to go where we have never been before.

excellent point!

--- the things of this world will grow strangely dim in the light of his glory and grace.---

that line of this song has been on my mind for a week. If only people has a revelation of his glory, the things of the world would just fade away and they wouldn't even care in the least about them.

"i have food you know nothing about" ." my food is to do the will of the father"

only his spiritual food will satisfy.

psalm 34:8taste and see that the lord is good: Blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

we have to decide like the samaritan woman to leave our jar ... Go and tell people of the city about jesus , make a decisive decision and take action.

when we come to jesus we gladly leave our past behind so we can go forward doing what he has called us to do.

Romans 8:1
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,

when we come to jesus we gladly leave our past behind so we can go forward doing what he has called us to do.

Amen .... But I also know of people who say they have left the past and pick it back up again . As Jesus has forgiven and forgotten and our sins are as far from the east is from the west . Satan is a lier and when they listen to him instead of the Holy Spirit it is easy to slip back . We need to remember that greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world .

only his spiritual food will satisfy.

psalm 34:8
taste and see that the lord is good: Blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Once we have tasted the spiritual food that comes form the Lord , how is it possible for us to want to go back . But then I am thinking about the Israelites who were guided by God with a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night and they still grumbled and wanted to go back to the slavery that they had in Egypt ... I can't even imagine .... God was there with them .

The effect of Christ's crucifixion and resurrection was to remove the condemnation that our sin had brought upon us.

In Jesus, we don't need to worry that we will be condemned for our sins.

We see the effects of a sinful nation that we are living in now and unfortunately it is not getting any better unless we as born again , Holy Spirit , Bible believers get off out duffs and get out and be salt and light . We cannot sit back and let all the other religions push their agendas.

Come on Christians .... Awake !!!!

There are many christians that have agendas also...good to beware of wolves in sheep clothing.

I love this thread Dusty, lot of power there. Thank you Holy Spirit!

Godspeaks, I am around now and then;) Thank you for loving me.

There are many christians that have agendas also...good to beware of wolves in sheep clothing.

I love this thread Dusty, lot of power there. Thank you Holy Spirit!

Godspeaks, I am around now and then;) Thank you for loving me.

So true my dear .... But God will reveal to us through His Holy Spirit if these Christians with their agenda are fake or not and if we compare everything with the Word then we are n the right track . These people mix a little of the gospel and their own interpretation and that is where we have to be careful .

Isaiah 53:3-5

3 He is despised and rejected by men,
A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.
And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him;
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
4 Surely He has borne our griefs
And carried our sorrows;
Yet we esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten by God, and afflicted.
5 But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.

He took on the penalty of sin . He bore it for us . He carried our sorrow . He suffered our condemnation He endured our agony . He died our death .

But God will reveal to us through His Holy Spirit if these Christians with their agenda are fake

Then I don't think it's apt to call them Christians if they have fake agendas. After all, Christians are not hypocrites:

Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil

Rom 12:9

Then I don't think it's apt to call them Christians if they have fake agendas. After all, Christians are not hypocrites:

Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil

Rom 12:9

Hmmmm ..... You got a point there , John . But unfortunately they call themselves Christians. Wolves in sheeps clothing.

Romans 8:1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

It was so freeing when these verses was first revealed to me.

Romans 8:1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

It was so freeing when these verses was first revealed to me.

This is so true and for a long time I was being harrassed by satan bringing up my past via another person and until I really realized that it was not the person calling me all these obsenities and mental abuse. This verse did not really resonate with me untill after I moved out of that house and read this verse again .... did I realize that yes I did not have to put up with that abuse because Jesus did it all for me and my past was gone , never to be remembered.

Back