No Less

3/19/12: I was talking to the Lord about stuff going on in my life. I had just written out my devotions from the book of Amos, chapters 1-2. I was thinking about how Amos was just a shepherd when God called him to be a prophet and to give out his messages. I thought about all the prophets from the Old and New Testaments who had to give out difficult messages, confronting sin, calling for repentance, and often warning of judgment. I thought about the calling of God on my life to share what he teaches me each day from his word, in all practicality in applying Biblical truth to today’s world and church, and to my own personal life, too.

I talked with the Lord about all of this, and how I sometimes weary of giving out such difficult and unpopular messages, and wish I could share happier messages more often. I often identify with Jeremiah who sometimes lamented over the weight of the messages and the response of the people to the messages. Yet, as I prayed through all of this, I told the Lord, “Yet, I can do no less than obey you in whatever you have called me to do, say and be.” And, from that, he gave me the words to this song, “No Less.”

No Less / An Original Work / March 19, 2012

I can do no less than praise You,
Lord, for all You’ve done for me.
You died for my sins to save me,
So I would be set free.
I adore You! Lord, I praise You!
Jesus, Savior, King of kings!
You provided my redemption.
Your grace has pardoned me.

I can do no less than serve You.
Lord, Your witness I would be,
Telling others of Your love,