No More Asking For The Holy Spirit Again

TalkJesus

Inactive
Luke 11: 9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. 11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? 12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? 13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

For a saved believer to be asking for the Holy Spirit to receive again is like denying His words above because that would be a work of denying you had received Him in the first place as if the Father gave you a stone instead of bread or He gave you a serpent instead of a fish that you would need to ask for the Holy Spirit again.

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Believers need to not believe every spirit but test them. That which they feel coming over them again and again after a sensational sign in the flesh is not the Holy Spirit at all.

Matthew 24:24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world....4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith....26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

1 Timothy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber....7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

By knocking at the door of Jesus as Luke 11:9-10 says, you have received the promise of the Spirit by faith in Jesus Christ so that believers need not ask again for the Holy Spirit. We can rest in Jesus Christ.

Those that have gone astray can return to their first love to rest in Him and wait for the Bridegroom by no more going out to the market in asking to receive the Holy Spirit again as the foolish virgins are still doing to fill their lamps.

I agree the Spirit will not just abandon us but will stay with us it may be that this people are not in the fellowship with God that should be so the Spirit in them is not moving them as before

I agree the Spirit will not just abandon us but will stay with us it may be that this people are not in the fellowship with God that should be so the Spirit in them is not moving them as before

What do you mean about "this people are not in the fellowship with God that should be so the Spirit in them is not moving them as before"? What exactly are you expecting from the "Spirit" to be moving as He was before in maintaining this fellowship?

Back