No More Handouts to Panhandlers

Wow. They delivered a new fridge to us today, and told me that they were flown in from South Carolina on account of there not being enough people around here willing to work for delivery service. Instead, able-bodied people stand under overpasses and at parking lot entrances, begging for free money for nothing, claiming they are homeless.

I hope those 87,000 new agents will endeavor to collect the taxes from the cash handed over to all those panhandlers from what is actually tax-free income not allowed by the IRS code.

We will hand over care packages to those who appear to be unable to earn an income. Never cash.

We actually saw a guy in a wheelchair, looking like he had no legs. Upon closer examination, I was shocked to notice that he was sitting on his curled-back legs.

Blessedly, I don't have "STUPID" written on my forehead.

MM

Here in small town Iowa I dont see it like folks in the cities. I do agree its a problem. I believe a lot of the homeless live that way because they want to. Which makes it hard for those who truly need a hand up.

Wow. They delivered a new fridge to us today, and told me that they were flown in from South Carolina on account of there not being enough people around here willing to work for delivery service. Instead, able-bodied people stand under overpasses and at parking lot entrances, begging for free money for nothing, claiming they are homeless.

I hope those 87,000 new agents will endeavor to collect the taxes from the cash handed over to all those panhandlers from what is actually tax-free income not allowed by the IRS code.

We will hand over care packages to those who appear to be unable to earn an income. Never cash.

We actually saw a guy in a wheelchair, looking like he had no legs. Upon closer examination, I was shocked to notice that he was sitting on his curled-back legs.

MM
Scammers. Claiming to be desperate and homeless for tax free income.
This past summer we saw a guy holding up his will work for food sign. He was clean, and wore shoes that cost more than mine.
I did t see a lot of people handing him money. No one in fact.

Years ago an expose' broadcast out of Florida aired here.
A homeless guy at an on ramp near I-275 was surveilled by an investigative news crew all day after receiving a tip.
At the end of the day this dirty clothes,skin, looking the part ''homeless'' guy folded his sign and walked away.
Two blocks away. Where he put his sign in the trunk of his E-Class T-tagged new Mercedes. And then drove home to one of the poshest communities in the city.

Oddly, he had no comment when approached by the news crew.

I figure it comes back on them. Lying about being desperate just for free cash has its costs I'm sure.

We don't give them money even if they are legitimately destitute.Food,water,yes.

MM
we brung in Mexicans at briggs to help.. yup no one wants to work hire 20 maybe 5 stays. yet they wont do nothing for us who show everyday

All,

My wife and I just watched a Barney Miller episode the other night where one of the guys Wojoe brought in under arrest was a panhandler looking the part from the 12th Precinct streets of New York, a guy who was once a wealthy Wall Street broker, and discovered how good it was to help others feel good by them giving money to those they thought were needy. That episode was filmed back in the 70's. Wojoe thought it repugnant that a healthy man not missing any limbs would be out begging for money. He also admitted how easy it was to get money for free rather than continuing to be a part of the "rat race" of stress and competitiveness of brokering.

Barney, of course, questioned Wojoe, stating that it wasn't illegal for a healthy man to be out begging for money. As a matter of fact, all the cities that have ordinances against panhandling are cities and towns that do not realize that the Supreme Court has already ruled that asking for money is a matter of First Amendment free speech, and that being arrested for it gives one what they need to file a Civil Rights law suit against that state, city or county department that arrested and charged them. They can make hundreds of thousands of dollars off such arrests, but with so many jurisdictions hiring ignorant cops, and even many of the newly released inmates who were pardoned by the sitting administration, we are looking at an increasingly hostile generation of cops on the streets, violating civil rights in all kinds of ways.

Just thought it interesting that our modern panhandling characters out there who are capable of getting a job, but are instead taking in tax free cash day after day, it was a profession for many back then, just as it is now.

Some people, however, do something to earn some of their take:

MM

Back