Noahic Covenant

Dusty

Inactive
Noahic Covenant

Have you all heard of this covenant ? The scripture is found in Genesis 9:1-17.

The covenant is talking about the sanctity of blood . The blood represnts life. Man must revere the blood.

Now my question arises from Acts.15:20 where I know that we are of the new covenant but it states we are to abstain from food polluted by idols, , from sexual imorality, from meat of strangled animals and from the blood.

Does that mean that we as the Gentiles should refrain from eating meat that has blood in it . ? I never saw this before so it brought this to light.

Have you all heard of this covenant ? The scripture is found in Genesis 9:1-17.

The covenant is talking about the sanctity of blood . The blood represnts life. Man must revere the blood.

Now my question arises from Acts.15:20 where I know that we are of the new covenant but it states we are to abstain from food polluted by idols, , from sexual imorality, from meat of strangled animals and from the blood.

Does that mean that we as the Gentiles should refrain from eating meat that has blood in it . ? I never saw this before so it brought this to light.

Yes...and no...in that order.

Acts 10 peters vision on the roof I hope should explain it.:groupray:

also acts 15: 20 does not say we are to abstain from all you mentined...it says 'they' in referance to the Jews.

20But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Techie.. this is talking about the Gentiles not the jews.

Acts 15:18-20 “Known to God from eternity are all His works.19 Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God, 20 but that we write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from things strangled, and from blood.

why would they give that law to the Jews when they already have more than 600 laws which cover those..

also about the peter's vision. it does talk about animals but also about the Gentiles.
look here :p
Acts 10:28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Rams ..... That is where my confusion lies cause it does say for the Gentiles .

Rams...I should have gone back a few verses...I was in a rush when I answered this...sorry

However my point on the whole was the last line of the last verse...

God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

techie no worries :) God bless you

Dusty..

Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood..
13 “Whatever man of the children of Israel, or of the strangers who dwell among you, who hunts and catches any animal or bird that may be eaten, he shall pour out its blood and cover it with dust; 14 for it is the life of all flesh. Its blood sustains its life. Therefore I said to the children of Israel, ‘You shall not eat the blood of any flesh, for the life of all flesh is its blood. Whoever eats it shall be cut off.’

that's why God does not want us to eat the blood from the meat of any flesh because it's the life of the flesh. also it can contain diseases.
and if you think about it. really give it some though.. you'll see what God meant when He said that we should not eat the blood of a flesh, can you imagine yourself eating the blood of a flesh and what that actually represents ? it represents eating the life of an animal or any flesh.. how horrible and true..
I should start making my meat on the BBQ less bloody xD well I don't like it bloody either way. I like it medium rare but still we should all eat it rare according to God. better for us
you never know what's in the blood also. so yes it's for Gentiles

techie no worries :) God bless you

Dusty..

Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood..
13 “Whatever man of the children of Israel, or of the strangers who dwell among you, who hunts and catches any animal or bird that may be eaten, he shall pour out its blood and cover it with dust; 14 for it is the life of all flesh. Its blood sustains its life. Therefore I said to the children of Israel, ‘You shall not eat the blood of any flesh, for the life of all flesh is its blood. Whoever eats it shall be cut off.’

that's why God does not want us to eat the blood from the meat of any flesh because it's the life of the flesh. also it can contain diseases.
and if you think about it. really give it some though.. you'll see what God meant when He said that we should not eat the blood of a flesh, can you imagine yourself eating the blood of a flesh and what that actually represents ? it represents eating the life of an animal or any flesh.. how horrible and true..
I should start making my meat on the BBQ less bloody xD well I don't like it bloody either way. I like it medium rare but still we should all eat it rare according to God. better for us
you never know what's in the blood also. so yes it's for Gentiles

But Rams .... Then we are still eating the blood cause it is left in the animal after it is killed. Hmmm .... now I know why there are a lot of Christians who are vegetarian.

I did look at that but always thought those issues were the old covenant but am still puzled because that was in the NT.

I don't understand what you mean when you said we should eat it rare cause there is blood in it .... Ewwww..... Nasty.:eek::eek:

I never said there is blood in rare..

usually in restaurants they ask us how we want our meat, we say rare, medium rare, raw. something like that lol. i say medium-rare
but we should as Christians say rare now that we know the truth. because rare means that ther is hardly any blood and very well cooked.

because the blood is no more when we eat it with no blood. we can't squeeze out all the blood :p
they had fire 5000-3000 years ago that's how they ate meat Dusty.. and the blood that is shown they put it below the dust I guess according to the law.

strange, you're right. I went on google images and searched rare meant LOL and most were red.. wow.. did not know that LOL
then well done =D!
what's the word then.. I know there's another. there's rare. medium and something else xD

I'm From lebanon so when the first time I heard that here medium rare and so forth lol i did not know what to say xD

I always say well done . I don't know if there is another word for it . Anyways , I don't eat steak much .

dusty...those meat laws were for the Jewish nation...they no longer apply...that was the whle point of peters vision on the roof...God was telling him there are no clean or unclean foods any more...just the same way gentiles are no longer unclean.

we should still refrain from blood as the Apostles said. but also for our own health because many diseases are around now. and life of the flesh is in the blood. it's like you are eating life of someone...

Back