Noah's Ark Measurements.

Dusty

Inactive
Noah's Ark Measurements.

Subject:: Noah's Ark measurements as are in the Bible S/S

This is fantastic....What a beautiful job Mr. Johan Huibers did......just had to share with you all, oh check out the link at the bottom to see the inside

Working Replica of Noah's Ark Opens In SCHAGEN, Netherlands

The massive central door in the side of Noah's Ark was thrown open Saturday for the first crowd of curious Pilgrims and townsfolk to behold the wonder

Of course, it's only a replica of the biblical Ark , built by Dutch

Creationist Johan Huibers as a testament to his faith in the literal truth of the Bible

The ark is 150 cubits long, 30 cubits high and 20 cubits wide. That's two-thirds the length of a football field and as high as a three-story house.

Life-size models of giraffes, elephants, lions, crocodiles, zebras,bison and other animals greet visitors as they arrive in the main hold.

A contractor by trade, Huibers built the ark of cedar and pine -Biblical Scholars debate exactly what the wood used by Noah would have been.

Huibers did the work mostly with his own hands, using modern tools and with occasional help from his son Roy. Construction began in May 2005.

On the uncovered top deck - not quite ready in time for the opening - will come a petting zoo, with baby lambs and chickens, and goats, and one camel.

Visitors on the first day were stunned.

'It's past comprehension, ' said Mary Louise Starosciak, who happened to be bicycling by with her husband while on vacation when they saw The ark looming over the local landscape

'I knew the story of Noah, but I had no idea the boat would have been so big.'

There is enough space near the keel for a 50-seat film theater where kids can watch a video that tells the story of Noah and his ark.

Huibers said he hopes the project will renew interest in Christianity in the Netherlands, where church going has fallen dramatically in the past 50 years.

Click here to see pictures of the inside...........
(copy and paste if it doesn't go directly there)
http://www.pbase.com/paulthedane/noahs_ark

Click on the photos to enlarge...... Enjoy.

What's more amazing is that God gave Noah these measurements about 4000-5000 years ago :)
Back then I don't believe anyone could've done that without the help of God :)

Thanks for these amazing pictures!

What's more amazing is that God gave Noah these measurements about 4000-5000 years ago :)
Back then I don't believe anyone could've done that without the help of God :)

Thanks for these amazing pictures!

That's right Ramsey..... That's what makes it more amazing. And to think how faithful Noah was and how long it took him to build the ark and also how his neibours must have moked him and called him a fool.

I can't imagine the time it took him !!!
wow..
I'm imaging it in my head, how he had to go up and down in levels to build and to create and so forth.
God made the animals nice also so that they could be around humans.

I love the story of Creation and the Flood, so I find this particularly interesting.

Thanks for sharing!

BTW: If you add up the dates, Adam (the first man) was alive when Methuselah (who died the same year as the flood and whose name literally means, "When he dies it shall come") was born and Methuselah was alive when Shem (son of Noah) was born and Shem was alive at the same time as Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Imagine this:

Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob could all say that they had a relationship with someone who spoke with Methuselah - who could have had a conversation with Adam in person.

Think of the family reunion!!! :D

We are studying Genesis right now Photog and yes I am learning so much as I always seemed to stay in the NT but am finding out that Christ appeared so many times in the OT.

Just in Chapter 18 , I just learned that the three visitors that came to Abraham . One of the visitor whom he invites to a meal is presumed to be Jesus in human form before His incarnation..

In John 1:18 it says..... No one has ever seen God , but God the one and only , who is at the Father's side , has made him known.

It is not certain if Abraham immediately recognized who these visitors were. Though the Lord ( In the person of Jesus Christ) appeared to Abraham twice before ( Genesis 12:7 , 17:1 ) , we don't know if Jesus looked the same each time , or if Abraham knew who this was.

yeah I heard abotu that also Dusty that that person was Jesus but I have no clue what is true because that's human interpretation, it could be an incarnation of God in any human body. You're right though maybe He looks different each time xD

some people say that people have seen God in the old testament but they have not read this verse !
Exodus 33:20-23
20 But He said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.” 21 And the LORD said, “Here is a place by Me, and you shall stand on the rock. 22 So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by. 23 Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back; but My face shall not be seen.”

can you imagine seeing the back of the LORD !!! that would be fearful and amazing. but He's a consuming Fire!! I can't begin to imagine what He looks like ! I don't think it's what John said in Revelation I think it's even greater than that because He said no man shall see My face and live. and John saw His eyes and so forth. so maybe that's how the glorified body of Jesus looks like? but not exactly what the LORD looks like when in Heaven.

We are studying Genesis right now Photog and yes I am learning so much as I always seemed to stay in the NT but am finding out that Christ appeared so many times in the OT.

Just in Chapter 18 , I just learned that the three visitors that came to Abraham . One of the visitor whom he invites to a meal is presumed to be Jesus in human form before His incarnation..

In John 1:18 it says..... No one has ever seen God , but God the one and only , who is at the Father's side , has made him known.

It is not certain if Abraham immediately recognized who these visitors were. Though the Lord ( In the person of Jesus Christ) appeared to Abraham twice before ( Genesis 12:7 , 17:1 ) , we don't know if Jesus looked the same each time , or if Abraham knew who this was.

There is so much of Jesus in the OT and especially prophecies that are "hidden" until you really look for them.

Like when Abraham was told to go and sacrifice Isaac for example.

From the time that God told him until he was going to bring down the knife to sacrifice it was (according to Genesis 22) a THREE DAY journey.

4 On the third day Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance. 5 He said to his servants, "Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you."

So it was three days that Abraham was thinking his only son was dead and then at the darkest moment was given life again.

Amazing!

God made the animals nice,lol.this is spirit my friend,God is a very calming God.he can make a crocodile cuddle a child.his power has no bounderies.people try to stick God in a box and his followers,guess what,flpsy gonna happen.:D

There is so much of Jesus in the OT and especially prophecies that are "hidden" until you really look for them.

Like when Abraham was told to go and sacrifice Isaac for example.

From the time that God told him until he was going to bring down the knife to sacrifice it was (according to Genesis 22) a THREE DAY journey.

So it was three days that Abraham was thinking his only son was dead and then at the darkest moment was given life again.

Amazing!

Yes and there is so much there of the forshadowing of Jesus Christ . I am really getting so much out of this study.

Right from the very beginning Jesus was there as it says " Us " .... It is the Father , Son and Holy Spirit. In Genesis 1: 26.... Let ' "us '". Each were concerned in the creation of all things , and particularly man.

This expression "us " contains an early implication of the triune God ( Mt. 3: 17 )

It is all amazing for sure .

there's also this :D
Genesis 22
“By Myself I have sworn, says the LORD, because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son 17 blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. 18 In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.”

Romans 8:32
32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?

God blessed Abraham for not withholding his own son from the LORD and has blessed the people of Israel, so God did not withhold His own Son from us :) and has blessed all nations.

That's right Rams . Look at the comparisons in the Bible study section of Isaac and Jesus Christ.

yeah I heard abotu that also Dusty that that person was Jesus but I have no clue what is true because that's human interpretation, it could be an incarnation of God in any human body. You're right though maybe He looks different each time xD

some people say that people have seen God in the old testament but they have not read this verse !
Exodus 33:20-23
20 But He said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.” 21 And the LORD said, “Here is a place by Me, and you shall stand on the rock. 22 So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by. 23 Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back; but My face shall not be seen.”

can you imagine seeing the back of the LORD !!! that would be fearful and amazing. but He's a consuming Fire!! I can't begin to imagine what He looks like ! I don't think it's what John said in Revelation I think it's even greater than that because He said no man shall see My face and live. and John saw His eyes and so forth. so maybe that's how the glorified body of Jesus looks like? but not exactly what the LORD looks like when in Heaven.

reading those verses just make me shiver and fill me with overwhelming emotions of joy, fear, guilt, sadness and every emotion you can imagine

Back