Nostalgic Pocket Sandwich Maker

So we went out yesterday and went to a thrift store. We always look to see how we can make life a bit simpler for cooking.

There was a sandwich pocket maker. Boy! It brought back memories.

My girls have already made tortillas, french toast, they have other recipes in mind to do. Going to be SO much easier for the summer [not turning on stove or oven]. I found the manual online in PDF.

We are going to make turnovers and toastie cakes! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Best deal ever for $8 like new!

Attachments

• 30127012.jpg
    30127012.jpg
    999.9 KB · Views: 8
Oh man;

This is a cool topic and I want to get in the fun. I'll post when we get home from Church.

I want to share about the sandwich in my pocket. 😎 👍
Lol!! We just got a 3 dollar book from ebay. We cannot wait to learn more recipes. bobinfaith we cannot wait to hear! Via dolarossa the book is called toastie heaven haha! I guess they really make good toasties!

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230521-125239_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230521-125239_Gallery.jpg
    1,000.3 KB · Views: 0
Does this make Italian Panini style sandwich’s? I used to get these at a small stand near my workplace.
Paninis are the best!

View attachment 9067
I enjoy learning to recipes with my kids. Eventhough I can't eat it. I have seen a sandwich maker like that. I told them if we see another one like that reasonably priced at thrift store we may think of upgrading.

Hey TransformedinChrist;

Thank you
for posting this fun topic! I have never shared this with anyone except my wife.

I love bread. When I read about manna in the book of Exodus I think of actual manna bread that has whole grains and good nutrients. I can spread butter on a warm manna and this would go good with my coffee.

For breakfast I love
whole wheat bread spread with peanut butter and jelly that also goes good with my coffee. But if I'm in a hurry to go some place I don't like to carry anything like a backpack or bags. So I have certain jeans with large pockets for my sandwich in a ziplock bag.
So far I haven't squashed my sandwich. I don't do this all the time but the best I can remember I'm about 21 for 21. lol!

But my rule is I only eat two pieces of whole wheat bread for the day to manage my carb intake.

I don't eat white bread, like Wonder Bread. I was told white bread is like a paste and takes longer to digest. Is this true?

So we went out yesterday and went to a thrift store. We always look to see how we can make life a bit simpler for cooking.

There was a sandwich pocket maker. Boy! It brought back memories.

My girls have already made tortillas, french toast, they have other recipes in mind to do. Going to be SO much easier for the summer [not turning on stove or oven]. I found the manual online in PDF.

We are going to make turnovers and toastie cakes! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Best deal ever for $8 like new!
I didn't think that contraption was that old.

I love sharp cheddar grilled cheese sandwiches using sour dough bread. Butter both sides before grilling. Add thin sliced dill pickles between the cheese slices. Mmmm, mmmm, good.

OK, now I've got a craving. And no sharp cheddar.*sigh*

My oldest had an omelet leftover from yesterday because my youngest can't really eat alot of eggs.

So today she used the leftover [sausage, red peppers, onions etc] omelet, tortilla, chili bean mix, cheese and made a pocket sandwich for breakfast.

She dipped it in cheese mix salsa. ❤️

Back