Not doing it right

What is "doing it right", exactly? What does that mean? Do you ever feel like you are not doing it right? What do you do to help encourage yourself?

The best way to encourage one self is to remember the Scriptures.

Romans 8:1 KJV
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

What do you guys think?
Brother Juk, Christianity is not about you doing anything for God, it is about God doing for man what man still can not do. The Lord does not need our help, we need his help. Learning to just let God live his life through you is what it is all about. This is the only way we will find peace and joy for our lives. We must "labor" to enter into his "rest". He that has entered into his rest has ceased from his own works. Resting in the Lord is where God is now working through you, and you are rejoicing in what he does through you. This is going to take time for you to learn. Never give up and always trust in the Lord. Confess your sins, pick your self back up and continue to move on with the Lord. You will never be ashamed.

Why does that scare me?

As i read again what Euphemia wrote.....and what you quoted.....a thought came to me. All of us have at one time or another thought that God molding us and shaping us and correcting us means severe punishment. Kind of like getting spanked when we messed up as kids. And that is something i hated!

But God does not use harshness and scare tactics to get us to listen to Him or follow His ways (these are the devils ways, that he has convinced good people into believing that they are God's ways). God uses His Word, and the inner knowing that what we are doing is not right. Which is the Holy Spirit. Now if we choose to not heed the voice of the Lord or the Bible telling us how to do things.....then we have chosen to let sin be our guide so to speak. Or in other words...we have allowed sin in our lives that is unrepented and that opens the door to the devil taking a shot at us that he never had coming. Which is why we end up with bad things happening to us....then everyone says that God is punishing us.....when in reality it was our sin that opened the door, and God had nothing to do with the consequence of our actions.

When God helps us to walk in His ways....it's like peeling an onion....one little layer at a time. And in my life, He always lets me know why things are happening (mostly because i ask). And He allows me to be prepared for what is coming. But as you grow in your trust of God's love for you (perfect or perfected or mature or complete....in other words we have to learn to trust in God's love for us, and when we feel secure or settled is when it is perfect) then you will not feel afraid. Fear is the devil trying to scare you into staying like you are.

1 John 4:18 in the nlt says....such love has no fear, because perfect love expells or gets rid of all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully understood or experienced His perfect love.

Hope this helps. Blessings!

Cturtle said:
When we are used to doing things our way or by our "rules" it's hard to accept grace...and know how to rely on God to help you.

I remember a time when God was trying to help me change all my "rules." I felt so scared, because it felt as if i had no floor to stand on. So it took quite a long time, and someone walking by my side to support me, but I finally was able to grasp God's ways of doing things. And now i have a foundation in God that He helped me to build.....and it's fully peaceful and a lot easier....until i try to get my flesh to do something it does not want to do...yikes talk about falling and tripping and such...like learning to walk all over again :ROFLMAO:

Keep your chin up! And have patience with yourself and God.
Thank you! Those were my feelings exactly! But I'm glad that I know that God's ways are more awesome than mine, anyway.

@Juk , One more thing I want to say about things "seeming" a certain way. This is very important: there will seem to be contradictions in the bible but know with a surety that there are NO contradictions in the bible. Any apparent contradiction is simply a lack of understanding. So, you just need to keep searching for the answer...the Holy Spirit will guide you.
Hahaha. Us humans
Contradictions... The contradiction is in our thinking!
We think too much of ourselves, that's for sure.

Reactions: Juk
Most likely it's because you might be looking farther down the future than you should. God lets us take one step at a time. He's a gentleman, and takes us along at the pace we best grow in.
Law for law, line for line, little here, little there - remember.
Do not try to outrun your teaching, for your teaching will not follow you, you'll only find yourself standing alone somewhere where you must not be. Remember, no graduation, no prize.

Law for law, line for line, little here, little there - remember.

Just a note: We as Christians who want to present God's word need to realize that the verse that uses these words refers to a derision of God against the religious. It isn't a commendation.

Back