Not Wanted: A Selfish Christian

And He died for all, that those who live should live no
longer for themselves but for him who died for them
and rose again. 2 Cor. 5 vs. 15

It is quite a paradox for a Christian to be selfish. That is because the very foundation of Christianity is about someone who gave His all to the undeserving. It is because of God’s selflessness that you are saved today. It is only wisdom that you won’t want the same for others. The Bible says that Jesus died for all so that those of us who live will no longer live for ourselves but for him who died for them and rose again.

You are dead to sin and alive in Christ so that Jesus can express his nature through you. So that you can do good to others just as he did while he was in human form; So that you can tell people about Jesus; So that you can contribute to the propagation of the gospel. God did not just save you so that you can wear a beautiful suit, raise a good family and ride good cars. Even though God desires to bless you, the kingdom of God is beyond those petty things.

Like Paul, make up your mind to spend and be spent for the gospel. Not just because you want a reward from men or even from God, but because you understand your role as a Son in the kingdom. There was something God told me years ago that has stuck with me ever since. He said: “Children are the responsibility of the Kingdom, but sons are responsible for the kingdom.” Which would you rather be?

SAY THIS:
I refuse to be selfish. I am a son, and I give my best to God and his kingdom.FOR MORE OF THIS JOIN OUR BBM CHANNEL DAILY DEVOTIONAL OUR CHANNEL PIN IS C004502AA

Good stuff bro I love sharing and helping people. I get such a great satisfaction out of it much more than helping myself. When my family eats my diet food which is expensive, sometimes gets me angry which is probably bad. Should fix that asap. Thanks for the good read!

Back