To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn.
Isaiah 61:1-2

God's timing is perfect! When He speaks, the time to respond in obedience is now. We often act as if we have all the time in the world to obey Him, but history doesn't wait on our commitments. There is no such thing as postponing a decision with God. Either we obey, or we disobey. It is either faith or unbelief, obedience or disobedience.

When God announces that now is the acceptable time, what you do next is critical. How often people have been unprepared when a word came to them from the Lord. God said, "Now is the time for you to respond to Me" and their response was, "But I'm not ready. I have some things I need to do first. I'm too busy! (Matt. 8:21). God's timing is always perfect. He knows you, and He is fully aware of your circumstances. He knows all that He has built into your life until now, and He extends His invitation knowing that His resources are more than adequate for any assignment He gives you.

That is why Scripture tells us God is concerned with our heart. If we do not keep our heart in love with Jesus, our disobedience when God speaks could affect the lives of others. When God speaks it is always out of the context of eternity. We don't have to know all the implications of what He is asking. We just have to know that it is a word from Almighty God. "Now" is always the acceptable time to respond to the Lord!
Henry T. & Richard Blackaby

Godbe4me:israel::dance::jesus-sign::amen:​

Amen sis!
I think often times as christians, we will miss this oppourtunity as well. Just as sinners often miss their chance during alter call, sometimes, we miss blessings from God by not hearkening to his voice, by not being obedient. Simple things HE asks, we just let go right on by. But, His timing is right, so it is very important to heed to HIS voice..!
thanks for the great post!

Back