1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1 egg, beaten
1 TBSP powdered milk*
1 cup water*

*Or liquid milk, or buttermilk, or water alone if you prefer.
NOTE: Since making up this recipe I have learned that baking soda requires an acid to activate it. That is why recipes call for buttermilk or vinegar. Baking powder has a dry acid as part of its formulation. You can also use yogurt for a zing in the flavor!

Warm a frying pan over medium heat.
Mix the dry ingredients, then add the liquids.
Add more water until the mix is pourable. Stir well.
Divide into four equal parts.
Put non stick spray in the pan and pour the batter in a circular motion.

NOTE: When cooking regular pancakes you watch the bubbles form, break, and fill in. When you notice some bubbles don't fill in after breaking, it's time to turn. But with this recipe you wait until nearly ALL the bubbles have broken and not filled in.

Why I have so many oatmeal recipes
I was out shopping and remembered I was low on oatmeal so I got a box. A few days later I went out again and remembered I was low on oatmeal but forgot I had bought some so I got a box. Some time later I went shopping and oatmeal was on sale. Well, who can pass up a bargain? I got a box. When I went to put them away I discovered I was not low at all: I had two boxes in my pantry.

Each box is nine pounds. And that is how I happen to have almost fifty pounds of oatmeal, and that is why I have so many oatmeal recipes.

Hello Saul;

Its been a long time since I cooked pancakes. If I remember when the bubbles appear, isn't that the time to flip them? I'm confused on the bubbles not filling in because pancakes always has bubbles.

Anyways, its sounds delicious using the oatmeal pancake recipe. Thank you for sharing!

God bless you and your family.

Prycejosh1987 You can always alter the recipe with things you have. You can use flour instead of the oatmeal, and if you don't have baking powder, use 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda instead. Add a tablespoon of sugar, to make sure you don't taste the soda. Mix all your dry ingredients it into the flour well. You don't need the powdered milk, and you can use a cup of any milk instead of the water. If your batter is too thin, add more flour. If its too thick, add more milk. A basic pancake recipe is easy, can you can find many online. Then you can add what ever spices you like such as ginger, and cinnamon. You could even add things like chocolate chips. I add thinly sliced apples and cinnamon to mine. My youngest daughter likes them with berries.

Play in the kitchen! Pancakes are a fun way to express yourself.

Back