OCCULTISM---What Is It????

I am well aware of the meaning of Occultism.... 1. Yes 2. No 3. I do not care one way or the othe

• 2. NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. I do not care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Deuteronomy 18:10-11
"Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead."

The word Occult comes from the Latin word "occultus" meaning "hidden, secret or concealed".

The OCCULT includes a wide range of beliefs and religious practices involving natural and supernatural forces available only to people with special knowledge or power. OCCULT should not be confused with the word "CULT". A "CULT" is an organization which claims to be Christian but deny's Bible doctrine.

There are FOUR (4) primary categories of the OCCULT and they are....
1. Divination = The practice of seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown by supernatural means.
2. Witchcraft = A religious practice involving magic and affinity with nature, within a pagan tradition.
3. Spiritism = The belief that the spirits of dead humans survive the death of the physical body and that they can and do communicate with the living.
4. Satanism = The worship of Satan, typically involving a travesty of Christian symbols and practices, such as placing a cross upside down.

Often, these categories blend together in certain practices. For example, "divination is a central practice in "witchcraft" and "spiritism".

Some of the things WE do that are rooted in the Occult are
1. Belief in the Island of Atlantis.
2. Belief in UFO'S
3. Belief in Ghosts.
4. Belief in Astrology - Horoscope.
5. Carrying a rabbit's foot for good luck.
6. Saying "God bless you" when someone sneezes.

So...1st of all, allow me to speak to you about "DIVINATION"!

This is also known as "Fortune-telling" and is the most popular of all Occult practices. It is the act of forecasting the future, supposedly by supernatural means and includes astrology, palmistry, Crystall balls and Tarot Cards.

The Ouija Boards are also included and also reading the body parts of animals such as the heart and liver and the casting of bones.

Last edited:
Deuteronomy 18:10-11
"Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead."

The word Occult comes from the Latin word "occultus" meaning "hidden, secret or concealed".

The OCCULT includes a wide range of beliefs and religious practices involving natural and supernatural forces available only to people with special knowledge or power. OCCULT should not be confused with the word "CULT". A "CULT" is an organization which claims to be Christian but deny's Bible doctrine.

There are FOUR (4) primary categories of the OCCULT and they are....
1. Divination = The practice of seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown by supernatural means.
2. Witchcraft = A religious practice involving magic and affinity with nature, within a pagan tradition.
3. Spiritism = The belief that the spirits of dead humans survive the death of the physical body and that they can and do communicate with the living.
4. Satanism = The worship of Satan, typically involving a travesty of Christian symbols and practices, such as placing a cross upside down.

Often, these categories blend together in certain practices. For example, "divination is a central practice in "witchcraft" and "spiritism".

Some of the things WE do that are rooted in the Occult are
1. Belief in the Island of Atlantis.
2. Belief in UFO'S
3. Belief in Ghosts.
4. Belief in Astrology - Horoscope.
5. Carrying a rabbit's foot for good luck.
6. Saying "God bless you" when someone sneezes.

So...1st of all, allow me to speak to you about "DIVINATION"!

This is also known as "Fortune-telling" and is the most popular of all Occult practices. It is the act of forecasting the future, supposedly by supernatural means and includes astrology, palmistry, Crystall balls and Tarot Cards.

The Ouija Boards are also included and also reading the body parts of animals such as the heart and liver and the casting of bones.
i work with a guy who use to be in the occult he was into witchcraft all sorts then he Got saved

The rabbit had 4 of them and look what happened to him! 😆 😆
i keep a horse shoe upright over my door....... in high school me and another guy walked off campus at lunch and went to a store. as we was coming back a black cat crossed our path. as we was coming back there stood the principal waiting on us.. he asked where you boys been.. we had go to his office 3 swats... darn ol black cat :eek:

To be honest, if someone wants to speak to the dead or play tarot cards what harm s there really?.
I used to play tarot cards, just for fun. I never actually expected them to work. I did ouija boards growing up, and no ghosts flew past my windows at night.

I grew out of it when I was drawn to the real thing> Our Lord Jesus.

I suppose if people take them seriously, then yes, thats sad.
People will do anything they can to get relief from their sufferings.
Those kinds of things just happen to be on our doorstep and a lot of people dont believe in Prayer or Jesus because some have the wrong idea of them and thats why God said get knowledge understanding and wisdom. it took me ages to believe Jesus could have been God and `man because of how science has taken the top spot and imbedded our consciousness.

I had one person say 'what good is prayer'?

she didn't know what was involved, she thought it was some kind of wishful thinking.

To be honest, if someone wants to speak to the dead or play tarot cards what harm s there really?.
I used to play tarot cards, just for fun. I never actually expected them to work. I did ouija boards growing up, and no ghosts flew past my windows at night.

I grew out of it when I was drawn to the real thing> Our Lord Jesus.

I suppose if people take them seriously, then yes, thats sad.
People will do anything they can to get relief from their sufferings.
Those kinds of things just happen to be on our doorstep and a lot of people dont believe in Prayer or Jesus because some have the wrong idea of them and thats why God said get knowledge understanding and wisdom. it took me ages to believe Jesus could have been God and `man because of how science has taken the top spot and imbedded our consciousness.

I had one person say 'what good is prayer'?

she didn't know what was involved, she thought it was some kind of wishful thinking.
Whats the harm?????

Via..........Divination in any manner is sin, as a corrupted seeking of spiritual knowledge. The practicing of divination will deceive you and separate you from the wisdom of God. Christians should avoid all endeavors related to divination, including fortune-telling, astrology, witchcraft, tarot cards, and spell-casting.

Via, there is a power involved with this stuff. It is Satanic power......that is the harm!

This has nothing to do with prayer. Prayer is talking to God. God does not hear the prayers of a lost person!!!!!!

Divination is talking to Satan and God condemns it and that is all I need to say about it!

OCCULT Overview---------#2 - Witchcraft & Magic.

Witchcraft and Magic are closely related. The "Magic" here I am referring to is not slight of hand or pulling a rabbit out of a hat.

It is an attempt to manipulate universal forces to receive some kind of power not available under ordinary circumstances. Detailed rituals are used to call spirits to do the will of the magician.

Most origins are traced back to early fertility rites in worship. Witches who may be female or male worship the Mother Goddess and a Horned God (Pan) and claim power from those deities to heal the sick and bring good fortune and make predictions.

It is an inescapable fact that Pan is the universal symbol for Satan. Half-human and half-goat, Pan remains one of the most enduring and compelling symbols for the anti-Christ. Instead of God incarnate in man, as with Jesus, we see man joined to animal – one that is historically representative of the basest of animal and sexual passions. Witches will always deny that they are Satanists since they do not believe in the worship of Satan.

The universal law of witchcraft is similar to satanism:.......
“An’ ye harm none, Do what thou wilt.”

Another way this philosophy is expressed is in the satanic theology of Aleister Crowley, the most infamous satanist of our modern age – “Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law.” This is Crowley’s most well-known and enduring proverb.

However, the Bible says in Mark 12:30.......“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength”.

Most people, including Christians are unaware or naive and do not know the story behind God's commands. We read in Leviticus 18:21 ..
"You shall not give any of your children to offer them to Molech, and so profane the name of your God: I am the LORD.".

Then in Deuteronomy 18:9-10.........
"When thou art come into the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. 10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch."

Why would God command HIs people not to do those things?????? THINK about it!!!!

Because it was what the Canaanites were doing in the Land. They were ABORTING babies and throwing them into the belly of a Golden God named "MOLECH". They believed the shed blood of an aborted baby brought good cops which in that day = MONEY!

Stay with me now............
Ashteroth was the goddess wife of Moloch. Asmodeus is a transliteration of the Hebrew name for a demon that is normally associated with lust. Aborted children, as well as infants purchased from the prostitutes and the destitute were being sacrificed in a satanic ritual designed to grant spiritual power to the practitioners = WITCHCRAFT!

The notorious abortionist George Tiller, who was shot to death in 2009, employed a resident chaplain in his late term abortion clinic. Observers outside the clinic would note the frequent smoke arising from an incinerator chimney as babies were cremated inside the building. Tiller’s website advertised baptisms, funeral services, celebrations and blessings for the aborted fetus prior to being burned in the incinerator.

Whether intentional or naïve, blatant or hidden, there is an association of abortion with these bizarre religious rituals including witchcraft. This abortion clinic in Seattle, Washington, Aradia Women’s Health Center, for example, was named for the goddess associated with witchcraft. Aradia is an alleged figure of Italian folklore in Charles Godfrey Leland’s Aradia, or the Gospel of the Witches. According to Leland, Aradia is the daughter of the goddess Diana and Lucifer who came to Earth to teach witchcraft to her oppressed worshippers.

This is the CONTEXT behind why so many people in the USA have been praying about the outlawing of Abortions. It is Murder, it is SIN it is Witchcraft and it has nothing whatsoever to do with a womans choice!

NOW.........YOU know the rest of the story.

OCCULTISM STUDY #3..............."Spiritism".

Spiritism or some call in Spiritualism is rooted in the idea that spirits of the dead can communicate with the living through "mediums" or people who think that there are sensitive to the spirit world. Some call this ESP.

It is believed that these spirits can give assurances about the afterlife as well as heal and reveal the future.

I happen to live about 7 miles from the largest Spiritual Camp in the southern USA which is Cassadaga Fl.

Both believe in psychic, or paranormal abilities, like clairvoyance, that make it possible for gifted “psychics” to see what is invisible to most people. Both Spiritism and Spiritualism believe that spiritual healing has many forms and can have a very positive impact on physical health.

Spiritualism existed before Spiritism. Thus, Spiritism can be considered an offshoot of Spiritualism but with a different mission. Spiritism is oriented towards supporting spiritual evolution in concrete ways. Spiritism has a coherent philosophy and cogent principles about how to live together to achieve spiritual growth. Spiritualism, in its origins, was oriented towards exploring the unusual phenomena of spirit contact. It has no cohesive philosophy or principles for living in its origins.

I know that there are many well thinking Christians who think that they ESP. ESP = Extra-Sensory Perception and it doesn't exist.

IT is all FAKED and FRAUD. So IF you are considering a future that includes being a "Ghost Buster"....think again!

Again, the Bible warns us against consulting with mediums and familiar spirits in Deut. and Lev. and Isaiah.

I actually thought Crowley was strange.
He was a big shot with the rock stars and had many wealthy hobbies. I read his bio once, but he just turned out to be nothing more than sad old man who died a heroin addict who put his religion before his family(s)

I always tend to look at how the founders/ controllers of these new religions lived their lives as it says a lot about their “religions” they found.

You will know them by their fruit.( Matthew7:16)

Last edited:
I actually thought Crowley was strange.
He was a big shot with the rock stars and had many wealthy hobbies. I read his bio once, but he just turned out to be nothing more than sad old man who died a heroin addict who put his religion before his family(s)

I always tend to look at how the founders/ controllers of these new religions lived their lives as it says a lot about their “religions” they found.

You will know them by their fruit.( Matthew7:16)

Amen. And that is exactly why I listed those people involved.

For example.....the world tends to look up to Tom Cruz. He makes really good movies and as far as I know, he may be a wonderful human being. But he is deep in SCIENTOLOGY!

Scientology – it’s the modern poster child for crazy pseudo-religious cults. It’s rich, it’s powerful, it has straight-up real life space aliens hiding inside human bodies as a central aspect of its doctrine. As if that wasn’t enough to pull in the mindless hordes, they have the ultimate status symbol for any burgeoning cult: Hollywood followers led by Tom Cruz.

Scientology gathers its celebrities like it’s harvesting season in LA, and they’re all doing very strange things:
John Travolta’s releasing church-sponsored albums.
Nancy Cartwright is phoning people as Bart Simpson to collect donations.
Juliette Lewis is slamming pharmaceutical companies.
Kevin James.

Mr. Cruz was said to have signed his daughter to the "Suri up to Sea Org."

Oh, you don’t know about Sea Org? The branch of Scientology where initiates as young as 10 years old sign a billion-year contract of allegiance, where teenagers are forced to clear up sewerage on the church’s floating “cathedral”, where members often experience extreme malnutrition and are forced to undergo abortions?

Mr. Cruz has achieved the Operating Theran Level VIII (the highest operating level) – which, if it sounds like something that’d be made up by a science fiction novelist, that’s because it is.

I think intelligent people fall for this stuff because they either they enjoy the love bombing or they have over active minds and enjoy where it’s going…

Thetans sound very out there and just the name itself would have an inquisitive mind wanting more.

Wasn’t it Hubbard that tried to take over a town in Florida once?

OCCULTISM STUDY #4...........Satanism.

"Satanism" is a submission of the human will to Satan's will and it is the darkest side of all Occultic practices.

A common view of the Occult is that it is either Satanic or employs symbols that have long been associated with Satanism. In fact, neither is true. People have talked of the “Occult” for hundreds of years without any Satanic implication. In fact, as identified, Occultism simply refers to the study of hidden knowledge and is not associated with any particular religious belief.

Most of the associations between the occult and Satanism only came about in the 19th century, in the wake of occultists like Aleister Crowley and Eliphas Levi.

Aleister Crowley was an occultist who later became the prophet of Thelema. He was bitterly opposed to Christianity and obscenely vocal about these views. He talked of sacrificing babies and called himself the Great Beast, a being in the Book of Revelations that many Christians equate with Satan.

FREEMASONRY

Many of the 19th-century occults were also Freemasons or members of other orders influenced by Freemasonry. They borrowed some of the Freemason ritual symbolism for their own occult practices. That connection between the two groups has provided negative impressions of both. Some accuse that the Freemasons are occult by nature, while the various Satanic rumors about the Freemasons gets transferred to the Masonic occultists.

Masonry is a very deceptive organization that operates through different "Degrees" (Levels). Each level teaches another point of Masonic truth. At the 32nd degree they learn that their “higher power” is lucifer, Satan.

“Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” (Matthew 7:13-14).

YES, this organization feeds many of the hungry and operate hospitals to care for the sick. That however does not mean that they are Godly. ALL "Shriners" are Masonic Lodge members!

SATANISTS can be divided into TWO groups..........
1. Those who do not believe in a literal Satan but are opposed to Christianity & Satan is a symbol of opposition.
2. Those who believe Satan exists and they worship him as a powerful god who can in some way help them.

C. S. Lewis in his book Screwtape Letters, says this about Satan:.........
"There are two equal and opposite errors into which our race can fall about the devils. One is to disbelieve in their existence. The other is to believe and to feel an unhealthy interest in them. They themselves are equally pleased by both errors and hail a materialist or a magician with the same delight."

The BLACK MASS, a parody of the Roman Catholic Mass is central to Satanic worship service. Most all services involve animal sacrifices, sex, and drug use.

You may have heard the name Anton LaVey of the First Church of Satan in San Francisco, California,. He wrote the Satanic Bible and he sa says that.........."Satanism is a blatantly selfish, brutal religion. It is based on the belief that man is inherently a selfish, violent creature… that the earth will be ruled by those who fight to win."

As satanic involvement among our youth increases, we begin to see the primary goal of such activity. It has become clear, according to the data thus far analyzed by those who investigate satanic involvement, that the primary goal is to alter people’s values and turn them against themselves, their beliefs, family, God, and society.

Have you wondered why there is so much suicide today???????????

Young satanists believe that the strong will rule with Satan. Once they are sufficiently involved, they often make a pact with Satan. They commit themselves to a future date when they will take their own lives by suicide. The drugs they ingest give them the ability to carry out that pact! They believe that if they submit themselves to Satan in death, they will come back in another life as a stronger being and rule with him forever. According to recent statistics, fourteen young people a day take their own lives.

I think intelligent people fall for this stuff because they either they enjoy the love bombing or they have over active minds and enjoy where it’s going…

Thetans sound very out there and just the name itself would have an inquisitive mind wanting more.

Wasn’t it Hubbard that tried to take over a town in Florida once?

I think you are talking about Clearwater Fl. about 40 years ago. I think that they own about $250 million in property in the downtown area.

Back