Oct. 5th is Yom Kippur. Are the Jews forgiven when they repent on this Holy day of Repentance?

Please share your thoughts on this!

I have family in a large Christian Spirit-filled church that celebrates and always joins in with
all the Jewish Holy days and feasts, but have always felt a check in my heart about the Truth
in all of it, because I believe according to the scripture, that there is no forgiveness of sin
except by the blood of Christ.

John 1:29

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Interesting things Jews should not do on Yom Kippur.
  1. Eating or drinking.
  2. Wearing leather footwear.
  3. Bathing or washing.
  4. Applying ointment, lotions, or creams.
  5. Engaging in any form of spousal intimacy.

I also read that they can not drive or even flush the toilet! I personally think that this is really sad because most are probably
so very sincere in wanting forgiveness, but are afflicting themselves without gaining any at all!

Is this a real deception of the enemy that is spread over all the world, or am I seeing something wrong here?

Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
If this scripture is True, and I believe that it is, then it is saying that only the Lamb Son of God that was slain,
can take away any, every, and all sin and offer forgiveness, and any other way, there is no forgiveness
at all!

When did God stop receiving any more lamb, dove, or bullock sacrifices for sins to be forgiven?
I believe it was when the Lord Jesus Cried, It Is Finished!

God bless you, Derek88;

Please help me understand, brother.

You are blessed with a family, and it would be nice if we could put the "10 points" aside and just love them, be with them while celebrating your holy conviction, the forgiveness of sin by the blood of Jesus.

We must remember Jesus knew everything about everybody, their customs, rituals and traditions yet sat and ate with them all, despite the points.

We have family coming in from Canada this Christmas. My wife's brother, his son, daughter, her "partner" and two kids will also fly in together. The daughter and her partner have lived in cohabitation since conceiving and raising their two children. I was surprised to learn about the cohabitation, I have my reservations and now have my "10 points" with good argument.

We don't have the opportunity to see her family from Canada every year and everyone is excited. So where do I go from here? I'm going to welcome them, raise our conviction and celebrate Jesus in our home along with our family reunion.

I pray and hope the Lord will give me the Word to speak to my niece and her partner, and if the Holy Spirit leads, they may decide to get married which I can solemnize while they're here. We'll see what God says.

God bless you, Derek, and your whole family.

God bless you, Derek88;

Please help me understand, brother.

You are blessed with a family, and it would be nice if we could put the "10 points" aside and just love them, be with them while celebrating your holy conviction, the forgiveness of sin by the blood of Jesus.

we must remember Jesus knew everything about everybody, their customs, rituals and traditions yet sat and ate with them all, despite the points.

We have family coming in from Canada this Christmas. My wife's brother, his son, daughter, her "partner" and two kids will also fly in together. The daughter and her partner have lived in cohabitation since conceiving and raising their two children. I was surprised to learn about the cohabitation, I have my reservations and now have my "10 points" with good argument.

We don't have the opportunity to see her family from Canada every year and everyone is excited. So where do I go from here? I'm going to welcome them, raise our conviction and celebrate Jesus in our home along with our family reunion.

I pray and hope the Lord will give me the Word to speak to my niece and her partner, and if the Holy Spirit leads, they may decide to get married which I can solemnize while they're here. We'll see what God says.

God bless you, Derek, and your whole family.
Amen brother, I've never put down my family for their belief in any way but am just blessed to know the Truth.

Hello Brother Derek
I understand how you feel. I am in small family, daughter, son , his wife, granddaughter and my brother. None of them follow Jesus. Maybe my granddaughter will eventually.
Hard times are all over the world and only God knows their hearts.
There will be a pouring out of The Holy Spirit and that is my hope añd prayers for them and myself. God knows our hearts
Blessings

Amen brother, I've never put down my family for their belief in any way but am just blessed to know the Truth.

The Truth is Jesus the Christ!

In Him is the fullness of the Godhead, bodily! Without faith in Him there is no sacrifice, no feast. no holiday and no salvation.

A man can confess his sin all day long, every day and he is still not going to be saved without accepting Jesus as The Christ!

I have family in a large Christian Spirit-filled church that celebrates and always joins in with
all the Jewish Holy days and feasts, but have always felt a check in my heart about the Truth
in all of it, because I believe according to the scripture, that there is no forgiveness of sin

John 1:29​

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

1. Eating or drinking.
  3. Bathing or washing.

I also read that they can not drive or even flush the toilet! I personally think that this is really sad because most are probably
so very sincere in wanting forgiveness, but are afflicting themselves without gaining any at all!

Is this a real deception of the enemy that is spread over all the world, or am I seeing something wrong here?
I agree, only through Christ's blood are we saved. Their problem seems to lie on a time laps, over time it all became a ritual for them & the spirit & meaning went out of their heart. Most of their traditions where put in place to actually protect them from breaking the laws, the flesh is weak & they tried it their way in the flesh.

1. Eating or drinking.
  3. Bathing or washing.

I have been doing a little reading from the Babylonian Talmud, which is a lot of rabbinical teaching about keeping mosaic law. I can only take it a little at a time. Whenever I think some followers of Christ are too legalistic, I only have to compare it with the Talmud.

I suppose it shows the devotion to God's Law, but I do not see it as promoting devotion to God Himself.

I have been doing a little reading from the Babylonian Talmud, which is a lot of rabbinical teaching about keeping mosaic law. I can only take it a little at a time. Whenever I think some followers of Christ are too legalistic, I only have to compare it with the Talmud.

I suppose it shows the devotion to God's Law, but I do not see it as promoting devotion to God Himself.
I'm not all that sure that they would make a separation between God and His Law.

I'm not all that sure that they would make a separation between God and His Law.
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. (Romans 8:15)

While Israel called Him Father but approached with trembling, as Christians we also embrace Him as intimate leader in a family kind of way, calling Him, in effect, Daddy! While recognizing His authority over us as our Father.

Regarding the Blood of Christ and forgiveness of sin for the Jews, remember that all the sacrifices and blood of the temple were foreshadows of Christ who is eternally the perfect Lamb of God.

So all who have had their sins forgiven have had them forgiven on the basis of the cross regardless of when they were forgiven, including the pre-Christ Jews. As far as Jews living since the resurrection who follow Jewish practices, there is a great difference between not having an understanding of who Christ is and knowing the issues and rejecting Christ. I feel content to leave the working out of those issues to our Lord.

I think there is a big difference between trying to earn points for salvation & lovingly obeying. I think clearly the patriarchs which had the same laws but obviously followed the spirit, some of the time :)

John 1:29​

1. Eating or drinking.
  3. Bathing or washing.

Only through Christ's blood will any be saved is the truth. God wants no one to perish is this correct? He is our loving father, with that in mind, where does that leave people that have never heard of the name of Jesus like shall we say the American Indian & other civilisations? Romans 2 is worth contemplating basing it on a all loving God.

Hi Rictch
I think that is a Very hard question to answer, for me anyhow. Gid us a just god. He has ways and means to guide people. Gid says He will save who He will save.
I trust Him.
Blessings to you Rictch

Scripture tells us all eyes shall see him at the 2nd coming. No one is cast into the lake of fire until after the 1000 year reign of Christ. There will not be any who have not been given a chance to accept the gift of salvation.

Isn't it their traditional observance that assured them their sins are forgiven?🤔

Would that mean their curse is lifted too by now? That sin forgiven them? Matthew 27:25?

Back