Offense - Defensive

In this post I wanted to bring to light some character traits which are not of God and cause strife and confusion and bitterness.

James 3:16 Puts it this way.
For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

When a person starts off with a defensive attitude defending or making their action or reply as if they are correct or did nothing wrong and makes this the main point over the entire reply written to them and ignoring everything else.

Others tend to view it as they either did not understand or missed their point and will try again wording their replies in a different manner hoping that they will understand what you are saying and all is well.

Now if it happens again and again not only in that thread but in other threads and they continue to Only Defend themselves then you have a situation where strife begins and if this strife is not dealt with quickly it will begin to allow evil or open the door for the enemy to begin to work and cause division and all sorts of problems.

If you find your self in these type of situations alot and it is you who are constantly and quickly defending your self and focusing on this, then you Must stop and ask your self what spirit am I in because it's not the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit will not work through you once you get over in an area such as this and this means your in the flesh and this means you are yielding to spirits other then the Holy Spirit.

Galatians 5:16 Puts it this way.
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Walk in Love and Forgiveness and be quick to listen and slow to speak.
Blessings
FCJ

I have always viewed self-rationalization and most rationalization in general as the voice of the evil one whispering his lies and half-truths in our ears. I am always reminded of the deceit he perpetrated in the Garden of Eden, "Surely you will NOT die".

I whole-heartedly agree with your viewpoint of defensiveness. When we are so busy defending ourselves and avoiding the real truth about our situation, we are most likely listening to the whispers of the father of lies.

Thank you for this illuminating post. It is definitely something that we must all be vigilant about and guard ourselves from.

In this post I wanted to bring to light some character traits which are not of God and cause strife and confusion and bitterness.

James 3:16 Puts it this way.
For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

When a person starts off with a defensive attitude defending or making their action or reply as if they are correct or did nothing wrong and makes this the main point over the entire reply written to them and ignoring everything else.

Others tend to view it as they either did not understand or missed their point and will try again wording their replies in a different manner hoping that they will understand what you are saying and all is well.

Now if it happens again and again not only in that thread but in other threads and they continue to Only Defend themselves then you have a situation where strife begins and if this strife is not dealt with quickly it will begin to allow evil or open the door for the enemy to begin to work and cause division and all sorts of problems.

If you find your self in these type of situations alot and it is you who are constantly and quickly defending your self and focusing on this, then you Must stop and ask your self what spirit am I in because it's not the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit will not work through you once you get over in an area such as this and this means your in the flesh and this means you are yielding to spirits other then the Holy Spirit.

Galatians 5:16 Puts it this way.
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Walk in Love and Forgiveness and be quick to listen and slow to speak.
Blessings
FCJ
This is great encouragement for me brother. We can sometimes miss the manipulation of the enemy when we listen to the voice of the world as opposed to the voice of The Word :)

bless you bro!

Back