old testament and new testament.

seeing how christ is given the spirit of God with no measure,to call him adam his creation,is a understatement.!!!

peace to everyone!
we are all friends and brothers and sisters
sorry dusty I thought you mentioned it, I remember reading it elsewhere than only Bob Jones saying it. I apologize sincerely but my comment remains for whoever also says that :p unless they can offer scripture. either way it doesn't matter. I just don't like any extra names for my God or for His people :p

and smelly.. I'm not sure to whom you said we're reversing comments. and I don't understand truly what you said there.

smelly are you agreeing with me :p? hhaha =D

God bless you everyone
please don't get mad at me I'm sorry if I angered anyone !!!!!! I would not argue !!

To say that Adam is a type of Christ Dusty and Bob, I can't agree with that. There's only one type of Christ (Messiah) and that's He who saves and gives salvation.
I can't agree that Adam is a type of Christ. That's putting God in a position equal to man.

I suspect that we have a language misunderstanding here. I would never claim that there was more than one Christ. "Type" means that you can compare them the way I have compared them. It is a foreshadowing, or a kind of prophecy about Christ. There is only one Christ. The others are just pictures or shadows of him.

Jesus can,t be the first adam,Jesus created adam with the knowledge of good and evil.

I fully agree with you here. That's why I included Dusty I guess LOL because something was not ringing right in my spirit xD to say that Jesus is first Adam. since He created him. but no not with knowledge of good and evil, if you remember they only acquired that after eating of the fruit ?

I suspect that we have a language misunderstanding here. I would never claim that there was more than one Christ. "Type" means that you can compare them the way I have compared them. It is a foreshadowing, or a kind of prophecy about Christ. There is only one Christ. The others are just pictures or shadows of him.

Brother I know where your heart is and how you are perceiving this but shouldn't you say instead that "this is how we can compare Jesus with Adam through a foreshadow, etc.." ? isn't it better than saying a type of Christ? since as we all agree that there is only one type of Christ and that is the Son of God, Jesus the Christ. so there should not be any more place for any other type of Christ ?
God bless you Bob (is that your real name?)

if Jesus was the first adam on earth,then he would have had to have sinned,and we know this is false.

blame dusty :p
LOL JOKE poor dusty :( our beloved sister :( God bless her, she's so nice.
God bless you mikey

blame dusty :p
LOL JOKE poor dusty :( our beloved sister :( God bless her, she's so nice.
God bless you mikey

Dusty is not taking responsibility for that . And now you are playing the blame game .... Just like Adam and Eve. .... No the woman gave it to me .. no the serpent deceived me ..... ha ha .... you guys :p:p

it was the woman!!! she made him take it, she seduced him!! lOL I can just imagine it a debate just like political debates :p so pathetic no offense :p
(I used to take part in political debates in lebanon LOL, how sad I was :p)

Brother I know where your heart is and how you are perceiving this but shouldn't you say instead that "this is how we can compare Jesus with Adam through a foreshadow, etc.." ? isn't it better than saying a type of Christ? since as we all agree that there is only one type of Christ and that is the Son of God, Jesus the Christ. so there should not be any more place for any other type of Christ ?
God bless you Bob (is that your real name?)

"Type" is the correct term. Look up 'typology'. It does not imply that there is any more than one Christ.

Once you understand that I am speaking of typology I may even choose to use a shorthand such as Adam::Christ or Shadow:Adam::Christ and you will understand that I am speaking of a foreshadowing.

I may also use Dict:Sleep:: Death to speak of double entendre.

Yes. I am Bob, and probably one of the few who isn't anonymous on the web.

You haven't commented on my twisting of Gen 38 in "The Birth of Christ in Gen 38" :D

Back