On a lighter note "It's Christmas" why am I so exhausted?

Apparently, many years ago (100 +), when mince pies were originally made, the filling was all the stuff that goes into modern mince pies, AND MINCED MEAT.

Yuk yuk and yuk!

I watched a historical food programme and you should have seen the presenters face when he was asked to eat it.

And that's why they are called mince pies.

Do you, like us Brits, also eat 'Toad in the Hole' in NZ? Because that one I really cannot explain lol xxx
No. Never.

What about those Christmas mince pies Annie? I am always kinda disappointed they arent actually meat mince pies.
They should call them tarts instead, to avoid confusion.

Apparently, many years ago (100 +), when mince pies were originally made, the filling was all the stuff that goes into modern mince pies, AND MINCED MEAT.
Yuk yuk and yuk!
Do you, like us Brits, also eat 'Toad in the Hole' in NZ? Because that one I really cannot explain lol xxx

From reviewing the ingredients, Mince pies and "toad in the hole" are actually pretty good food.

Pray tell, why is "toad in the hole" called toad?

Going back to fruit cake. I love fruit cake with coffee or tea.

And, thats the tea.

From reviewing the ingredients, Mince pies and "toad in the hole" are actually pretty good food.

Pray tell, why is "toad in the hole" called toad?

Going back to fruit cake. I love fruit cake with coffee or tea.

And, thats the tea.
I have absolutely no idea why the 'toad' is called toad. And I don't think I want to find out, just in case actual amphibians are involved :sick:

I have absolutely no idea why the 'toad' is called toad. And I don't think I want to find out, just in case actual amphibians are involved :sick:
All I can think of is the book Frog and Toad are Friends. It's a classic.
You don't like frogs and toads? I think if there's no frogs and toads, the mosquito and fly population might get out of hand.

I think frogs and toads are lovely. I just don't fancy eating them. But, in retrospect, I have eaten frogs legs, they taste just like teeny tiny chicken legs.

It's Christmas. Time for rest, praise and reflection. So why am I so exhausted? I've shopped, I've cooked, and quite frankly, yet again, I'm exhausted. Everyone else in my house gets a holiday, but I'm the one whose supposed to provide it!

Grumble, groan and grouch. I'm finding it very hard to be that Proverbs 31 woman:confused:.
Christmas can be a good time at the same time it can be stressful. Its not stressful for me because i am very self indulgent on Christmas day. I reflect in the same year, and then analyse what i can do in the next.

Back