On Prayer .

Michael Collum

Inactive
On Prayer .

Someone posted this on Facebook and had to share it .

"The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays." ~ Soren Kierkegaard

Dr. Michael Youssef encourages believers to focus on praying for the sins of our Nation and Repentance, during the month of August. Other prayer points include the need for Justice, Godly Judges in the court system, and a focus on being the Salt and Light for Jesus Christ.
b57701581_538780922128_1460.jpg
God Save America: August Update
Length: 1:22

And I would like to add Canada to the list.

Click on link God Save America.

Someone posted this on Facebook and had to share it .

"The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays." ~ Soren Kierkegaard

Dusty, i think i need to pray "change me" more . than pray "change my circumstances" . what do you think?

Dusty, i think i need to pray "change me" more . than pray "change my circumstances" . what do you think?

All of us need to ask God to change us and I need to pray that way as well . We want God's best for our life and when He begins a work in us we can be changed from Glory to Glory . I don't want to stay in the same place I was yesterday but desire to do His will .

2 Corinthians 3:18

18But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

As we grow closer to Christ, we are slowly transformed to be more and more like HIM --moving through ever-increasing glory until we are truly reflecting Christ to the world around us. That is exciting . And who says Christianity is boring?

Hebrews 4:12

12For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

The word of God is a powerful thing. It penetrates like a two edged sword and causes us to think through our thoughts and actions.

I know that Dusty . i appreciate what you've been saying . but there are things that happen that are not directly written in the scripture . and what makes it confusing is the lack of people to talk to about it . the kind of Christ likeness i'm talking about is the kind that some denominational teachings say is impossible . so i just need to learn it from God . In this, the premise of my thoughts need to be changed from the core .. and then i understand . but then no one understands me or believes me . so just need to keep it to myself most often .

Back