One Way Bridge

Dusty

Inactive
One Way Bridge

As I was reading this AM ; I put my thoughts on paper .

We have heard so many people now in our society say : All faiths lead to the same destination" NOT !!!! .. But why do you think people want to justify their reasoning to think that way ?

I believe it is because people want to take the easy route and cannot accept the fact that Jesus said " I am the way the Truth and the life, No man comes to the Father , but by me " John 14: 6

When the disciples asked how they would get to the Father ---- Jesus answered and said He was the only way . The fact " Even today " remains the same and people think " it doesn't matter what you believe as long as you're sincere" . Whoa .... !!!! What a deception from the enemy .

How do we convince them that Jesus is the only way ? They say the way is too narrow .

An example that we can give them is : What do we do when we are driving and we come to a river or deep crevase ? We need to cross that river ... Right ? ... How do we do it ? By a bridge of course " The only way "

It is the same with heaven and our Heavenly Father . There is only "one way ".... through Jesus Christ , His only Son .

Jesus is that " bridge " straight and narrow , that ushers us in to the presence of a Holy God .

im very open to learn about other religions and learn as much as i can, but when you read verses like that you just cant argue with it can you?
simply put...
...Jesus is the only way.

Sorry that wasnt much of a post, just a lil bit of my opinion lol :)

Well I think I have come to the point where .... Yes I do not want to be ignorant about other religions but I also want to spend more time in the Bible and learning about Jesus . That's what sometimes satan can do is distract us away from our true love for Jesus Christ and little by little we think ... " Oh that doesn't look too bad " .... Nope resist the devil and he will flee from you .

Thanks for your comments Rachael and God Bless as you get closer to Him ... all the rest dulls and is null and void.

I look at it kind of like driving directions. If I invited any one from this forum to my house for some fine grilled steaks, any one of you, wherever you're from, could come. That is, it wouldn't matter if you started in Australia, China, Chile, or Pitcairn Island. You could start your trip by car, boat, plane, foot, donkey, or even lashed-together raft. But at some point you would have to make your way to the U. S., then Minnesota, then to a particular suburb of the Twin Cities, then to Sparrow Way, and then my house. Even if you found your way to Sparrow Avenue, you wouldn't be far away, but as long as you stayed there and didn't come to Sparrow Way, you'd go hungry, and I'd have to eat all those tender, juicy, turned-to-perfection steaks all by myself.

Anybody from any background or any religion can come to God. Some would have farther to travel than others, but at some point they would have to turn off of Buddha Road or Islam Highway or Existentialism Boulevard and get onto Jesus Way, because that's where God's House is and where the wedding supper is going to be.

Anybody from any background or any religion can come to God. Some would have farther to travel than others, but at some point they would have to turn off of Buddha Road or Islam Highway or Existentialism Boulevard and get onto Jesus Way, because that's where God's House is and where the wedding supper is going to be.
Exactly . But it is up to us to tell them . We are His hands and feet extended.

I"m coming to your house for the steak .... :D:D

Jesus said, "I am the way." He is not just a person who shows us the way, but He, personally, is the way. No church or ceremony can bring you to God. Only Christ can bring you to God. He is the way.

"No man cometh unto the Father, but by me." He made a dead-end street of all the cults and "isms." He says the only way to God is through Him.

I thank God for placing this question in Thomas heart to ask our Savior Jesus Christ in the Upper Room: "How can we know the way?" For without that question being asked, we would not have this answer in John 14:6

I thank God for placing this question in Thomas heart to ask our Savior Jesus Christ in the Upper Room: "How can we know the way?" For without that question being asked, we would not have this answer in John 14:6

You're right . Thomas was alright in my books . He was bold enough to ask the questions and also to tell the disciples that he doubted what they told him .

I just thought . We could start a thread on who our favourite disciple is , why and are we like him .

I have a few thoughts on this, but I believe that they would only detract from this wonderful message.

However, I like the idea of favorite disciples, or even other Biblical characters that we related to.

I welcome your thoughts brother and I need to think about the disciples thread and think which disciple is my fav. and why .

I have a few thoughts on this, but I believe that they would only detract from this wonderful message.

However, I like the idea of favorite disciples, or even other Biblical characters that we related to.

Well, my thought is more of a rabbit trail, but here goes.

It occurs to me that we often suffer from the same issues that the early Christians did. It's an easy thing to understand that it's all through Jesus, but he never gave us a step-by-step for sure process on how to do that. Through time, we've simplified it some, but we "want" to live legalistically. We like rules, and processes.

But ultimately, Jesus is the only way. But...how do you get there? I'm certainly not saying that all these various paths are correct, but in truth, the one way is to love Christ, to have a relationship with Him, and to serve Him.

So, how do you do that? Is there only one way? I"m certain there are more WRONG ways than right ways, but as long as your path is within God's Will, it's difficult to say there is only ONE way there.

As I said, it's not "exactly" what you are talking about, so it may just be a distraction.

But ultimately, Jesus is the only way. But...how do you get there? I'm certainly not saying that all these various paths are correct, but in truth, the one way is to love Christ, to have a relationship with Him, and to serve Him.

Yes I get what you are trying to say . And ultimately yes we are told to love the Lord our God with all our heart .Deuteronomy 6:5
Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. This is the most important part of our relationship cause if we become complacent and forget to woship , pray, or read the Bible : what happens ? OUr love gradually deminishes.

But the first thing is of course to accept Him and He told us there is only one way to do that.

Back