One With Christ...

One With Christ...

What does it mean to be one with GOD?

What do you think it means?

If we are perfect unity with HIM, I guess this means we will agree with HIM in all things...

If we are perfect unity with HIM, I guess this means we will agree with HIM in all things...

Mhm, but not just agreement. We all want to agree with Him fully. The mind the body, and the spirit are constantly living, and doing SOMETHING. Constant forces. It's about transforming as much of that energy as possible to be of Him. In His will. Then that stuff that makes up yourself is in Him as much as possible, hence you are in Him as much as possible. Any force that is not of Him (Which we are riddled with) is constantly at work in the wrong direction. These forces go deeper than we can comprehend and exist int he spiritual realms that we are completely blind to. Only god can see these things so only God can change these things about you. So only His word and surrendering to His ways can master those evil forces that are all too abundant in us.

But, I just realized, maybe you meant agree as in - run parallel with His will and live it, which is all I really said above ^ :)

You know, I am not entirely sure myself.

It could mean a lot of things.

I have a lot of ideas what it could be. :)

I'll just wait and see.

We are perfectly one with Him in our recreated spirit. God wants our minds to be renewed according to His Word so we make walk with Him in perfect harmony and obedience.

We are perfectly one with Him in our recreated spirit. God wants our minds to be renewed according to His Word so we make walk with Him in perfect harmony and obedience.

That helps a lot to separate us from our minds, knowing that we are actually good with God.

Amen- we are accepted in the beloved- we have righteousness ,wisdom and sanctification are imputed- we have every spiritual blessing in Christ and we are invited to come boldly into our Father's presence!

But we aren't always in favour with God and never will be so long as we are Human! For though God does forgive us for many of the sins we do commit, look at 1 John 5:16-17: If anyone sees his brother sinning, if the sin is not deadly, he should pray to God and he will give him life. This is only for those whose sin is not deadly. There is such a thing as deadly sin, about which I do not say that you should pray. All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that is not deadly.

These so called "deadly sins" break down our relationship with God because of how we commit them in with full understanding what we are doing. For these, simple prayer isn't enough. This in turn shows how we simply cannot be "one" with God on Earth. We are human, and thus are sinners, and one cannot compare himself to God if one is a sinner.

But we are not human. We are spirits temporarily encased in a sinful physical being. Our minds and bodies are sinners and our spirit would be, if it wasn't hiding in Christ. Us, our spirits, are good with God through Jesus.

Spencer it is important to understand that tripartite nature of man. We receive a new spirit from God when we are born again. We get a new body when we are resurrected - Jesus is the Savior of our soul (mind, will, intellect, emotions, etc.).Scripturally we are perfect in our new spiritual man (1Jn 5:18) and we have complete favor with God now. God has not accepted us based on our righteousness but on the imparted righteousness of Jesus Christ.

Our soul is renewed according to the Word of God as revealed by the Holy Spirit- when we believe the Word of God our mind is renewed in that area.

The point is we are excepted in the beloved and we are blessed by and have favor with God now. Read the book of Ephesians to see what God has already done in and for us.
Some of our works bring glory to God and are gold, silver and precious stones- others are wood , hay and stubble and will be burned but that does not affect the gift of salvation.:)

But we aren't always in favour with God and never will be so long as we are Human! For though God does forgive us for many of the sins we do commit, look at 1 John 5:16-17: If anyone sees his brother sinning, if the sin is not deadly, he should pray to God and he will give him life. This is only for those whose sin is not deadly. There is such a thing as deadly sin, about which I do not say that you should pray. All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that is not deadly.

These so called "deadly sins" break down our relationship with God because of how we commit them in with full understanding what we are doing. For these, simple prayer isn't enough. This in turn shows how we simply cannot be "one" with God on Earth. We are human, and thus are sinners, and one cannot compare himself to God if one is a sinner.

Spencer, I think what this passage is saying is that if someone is in a deadly sin, not to pray for THEM. (all caps placed to put emphasis and focus on the word) It doesnt mean that if YOU are the one doing the deadly sin, that YOU cannot repent and turn around and make yourself right with God. There have been many, many people that were in deadly sins, and repented and were made free. And there are many, many people that dont and die.
Abraham was called a 'Friend of God'. Was there anything special about him? No, only that he walked with God and listened to Him and talked with Him. We can do the same thing as well, for God is not a respecter of persons. Matthew 22:16

hug.gif

But we are not human. We are spirits temporarily encased in a sinful physical being. Our minds and bodies are sinners and our spirit would be, if it wasn't hiding in Christ. Us, our spirits, are good with God through Jesus.

If our spirits are one with God, why can't we pray for forgiveness directly with God for those "deadly sins"?

If indeed we could, I would say that we would be forever in favour with God!

However, can't you say our spirits, minds, and bodies are fully linked to each other, therefore creating such a link that there is no link?

We are humans. We do have spirits and minds, but as we are in a human shell, don't we defile them, thus making them not "one" with God.

Does that make sense?

We will never be perfect, no part of us until we ascend because we indeed are still sinners (even though we may have been saved by Jesus. I haven't quite read anything yet that says Jesus forgives FUTURE sins [i.e. post "saved"]). Correct me if I am wrong.

Spencer it is important to understand that tripartite nature of man. We receive a new spirit from God when we are born again. We get a new body when we are resurrected - Jesus is the Savior of our soul (mind, will, intellect, emotions, etc.).Scripturally we are perfect in our new spiritual man (1Jn 5:18) and we have complete favor with God now. God has not accepted us based on our righteousness but on the imparted righteousness of Jesus Christ.

Our soul is renewed according to the Word of God as revealed by the Holy Spirit- when we believe the Word of God our mind is renewed in that area.

The point is we are excepted in the beloved and we are blessed by and have favor with God now. Read the book of Ephesians to see what God has already done in and for us.
Some of our works bring glory to God and are gold, silver and precious stones- others are wood , hay and stubble and will be burned but that does not affect the gift of salvation.:)

Going to 1 John 5:18. It does say that those who are God's Children do not sin, however, I'm sure you know none of us are free from sin and never will be until we die, for a sinless life is impossible for our souls in a human shell.

Would you mind if you found that verse about how we receive a whole new spirit post "saving"? I don't think I'm really interpreting it correctly.

I'll take a look at Ephesians and see what's up :).

Spencer, I think what this passage is saying is that if someone is in a deadly sin, not to pray for THEM. (all caps placed to put emphasis and focus on the word) It doesnt mean that if YOU are the one doing the deadly sin, that YOU cannot repent and turn around and make yourself right with God. There have been many, many people that were in deadly sins, and repented and were made free. And there are many, many people that dont and die.
Abraham was called a 'Friend of God'. Was there anything special about him? No, only that he walked with God and listened to Him and talked with Him. We can do the same thing as well, for God is not a respecter of persons. Matthew 22:16

hug.gif

Interesting thought about the verse I quoted. I'll look into it a little bit more.

But the point I'm trying to get with it is not that YOU should do this or that, but the way of repentance. If you shouldn't help this sinner repent, don't you think it is pretty dire what he has committed? Why should God not accept your prayers to forgive.

Also perhaps if you look into another verse: John 20:21-23
“As the Father has sent me, so I send you.” When he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

Maybe by John saying that you should not pray for the sinners mean that their sins will be retained you know? I don't know I just thought of that, I'll get back with more indepth analysis later.

There is only one sin that will not be forgiven. All the rest are cleansed as soon as we receive forgiveness from the One who ever lives to make intercession for us.

There is only one sin that will not be forgiven. All the rest are cleansed as soon as we receive forgiveness from the One who ever lives to make intercession for us.

Any biblical evidence? I know that is what many people seem to think (what I thought as well!) but I haven't come across much biblical evidence to prove it. It's the lack of evidence that scares me, and boy do I NOT want to be wrong.

Sin causes spiritual death or separation form God. Adams body and soul did not die that day but his spirit could no longer commune with God.

This is a quote from Boanerges in the "adam and eve had free will" thread. Just thought this was pretty relevant here.

We being humans, sin. When we sin, we harm our spiritual relationship with God, yes?

So how can we be "one with God/Christ" as a human, if we consistently break our relationship with God?

It means to be One as in be like God. He truly wants us to be like Him, He's serious. He also wants us to be perfect, just like our Father in heaven is perfect.

Any biblical evidence? I know that is what many people seem to think (what I thought as well!) but I haven't come across much biblical evidence to prove it. It's the lack of evidence that scares me, and boy do I NOT want to be wrong.

Show me a single scripture that any sin besides specifically blaspheming the Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven? There is none. The scriptures my friend do not tell us everything but they tell us everything wee need to know. Do not underestimate the power fo the blood of Christ.

This is a quote from Boanerges in the "adam and eve had free will" thread. Just thought this was pretty relevant here.

We being humans, sin. When we sin, we harm our spiritual relationship with God, yes?

So how can we be "one with God/Christ" as a human, if we consistently break our relationship with God?

Luk 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

We indeed can be spiritually united with Christ. Our souls can only experience that as we are renewed in our minds. If we have an unclean conscience this does indeed keep us from approaching God but this problem is on our end. He promises us to forgive us and cleanse us from our iniquities which is the tendency to sin. He also promised that He would not remember our sins after we repent and confess- so there we are forgiven but may still be feeling to guilty to come near the Father as He waits for His prodigal to come home- or we may be wasting our time trying to do penance or perform some act to make ourselves feel good enough to come near (though He has already forgiven and forgotten). We have never had this ability and never will and yet we are excepted in the beloved on the basis of the goodness of His Son imparted to us.

Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

If we believe God we will see things come to pass that are quite impossible for us in our own strength. His Word and promise is good and will not fail.
There is one way to walk in the perfect will of our Father and that is (like the example Jesus gave us) to walk in total obedience to and complete submission to the Holy Spirit. It is as we submit our hearts and lives that we abide in the heavenly vine and the very life of God flows in us causing us to grow and bear godly fruit for His kingdom.

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh

I believe it means to think with the mind of God. His thoughts become our thoughts. We hate sin as He does and desire righteousness and holiness. I'm slowly getting there. After 45 years of following Him, I've still got a long way to go. Trusting and living by faith are not easy for me. I would never be so pious and self-righteous as to say that I've arrived. That was what the Pharisees did, and Jesus called them hypocrites.

Back