Welcome to Christian Forum Site
Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community of christians from around the world.
Register now

oooo boy tater salad

chili

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Apr 22, 2008
GA
oooo boy tater salad

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Ingredients

3 pounds small white potatoes
Kosher salt
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped red onion

Directions

Place the potatoes and 2 tablespoons of salt in a large pot of water. Bring the water to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the potatoes are barely tender when pierced with a knife. Drain the potatoes in a colander, then place the colander with the potatoes over the empty pot and cover with a clean, dry kitchen towel. Allow the potatoes to steam for 15 to 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, buttermilk, Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, dill, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Set aside.

When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in quarters or in half, depending on their size. Place the cut potatoes in a large bowl. While the potatoes are still warm, pour enough dressing over them to moisten. Add the celery and red onion, 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Toss well, cover, and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend. Serve cold or at room temperature.

OO I kill myself!!:smiley90::smiley90:

Reactions: Angela333
Nov 12, 2007
Midwest
Oh, Chili, you slay me. You are so funny. :smiley10:

My potato salad is a little different than yours. Most of it is the same, but I add sweet pickle juice to mine (to taste) and also sweet pickle relish. O, and you forgot the hard boiled eggs! I put in as many chopped up eggs as I do potatoes. And I hate pot salad that has celery seeds in it. ugh. But, I do like cut up celery, and lotsa red onions.

If I didn't have the flu, and feel like . . . it, I'd get up and make some right now! Thanx for the inspiration.

chili

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Apr 22, 2008
GA
Get well soon SS. This actually came from Barefoot Contessa from food network. Ya I usally add horrible eggs to my thing. I just tried this and it is very good!!!

Dec 5, 2008
kentucky
Chili that sounds so good! I like this recipe, think i might gives it a try!!!
I love cracker's with my tater salad, especially chicken-in-a-biskits!!!! yum yum!