1/4 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped red onion

Directions

Place the potatoes and 2 tablespoons of salt in a large pot of water. Bring the water to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the potatoes are barely tender when pierced with a knife. Drain the potatoes in a colander, then place the colander with the potatoes over the empty pot and cover with a clean, dry kitchen towel. Allow the potatoes to steam for 15 to 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, buttermilk, Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, dill, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Set aside.

When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in quarters or in half, depending on their size. Place the cut potatoes in a large bowl. While the potatoes are still warm, pour enough dressing over them to moisten. Add the celery and red onion, 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Toss well, cover, and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend. Serve cold or at room temperature.

OO I kill myself!!:smiley90::smiley90:

Oh, Chili, you slay me. You are so funny. :smiley10:

My potato salad is a little different than yours. Most of it is the same, but I add sweet pickle juice to mine (to taste) and also sweet pickle relish. O, and you forgot the hard boiled eggs! I put in as many chopped up eggs as I do potatoes. And I hate pot salad that has celery seeds in it. ugh. But, I do like cut up celery, and lotsa red onions.

If I didn't have the flu, and feel like . . . it, I'd get up and make some right now! Thanx for the inspiration.

Get well soon SS. This actually came from Barefoot Contessa from food network. Ya I usally add horrible eggs to my thing. I just tried this and it is very good!!!

Chili that sounds so good! I like this recipe, think i might gives it a try!!!
I love cracker's with my tater salad, especially chicken-in-a-biskits!!!! yum yum!

potatosalad.jpg

Back