Ooops

Sometimes our solution is the problem. Can I get a testimony?

Jeremiah 29:11 (NASB) says, "For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for prosperity and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

What could God do in our lives if we could just stop fixing stuff?

Well I know that I've prayed for patience several times to many in the past. God gave me some great opportunities to learn still enjoying one of those opportunities. :)

I'm willing to share though.

I remember one such opportunity came in the form of a summons to court for a hit and run accident. I was supposedly driving someone else's car whom I've never met in a part of town that I rarely am in and at time that I couldn't have been there. But it took several months to convince those that needed convincing that it couldn't have been me.

LOL even though it was a serious situation, it was a lesson in patience.

These days I'm regularly finding a need for patience helping my wife care for her mom with mid-stage dementia. She is approaching 98 years old now, but she still thinks her mom and dad are alive today in a home nearby. She wants to take the bus back to Taiwan from Seattle to see a home and a place they never lived in. Her parents though died nearly 70 years in China were they never left and her husband died over 10 years ago.

cp

Well I know that I've prayed for patience several times to many in the past. God gave me some great opportunities to learn still enjoying one of those opportunities. :)

I'm willing to share though.

I remember one such opportunity came in the form of a summons to court for a hit and run accident. I was supposedly driving someone else's car whom I've never met in a part of town that I rarely am in and at time that I couldn't have been there. But it took several months to convince those that needed convincing that it couldn't have been me.

LOL even though it was a serious situation, it was a lesson in patience.

These days I'm regularly finding a need for patience helping my wife care for her mom with mid-stage dementia. She is approaching 98 years old now, but she still thinks her mom and dad are alive today in a home nearby. She wants to take the bus back to Taiwan from Seattle to see a home and a place they never lived in. Her parents though died nearly 70 years in China were they never left and her husband died over 10 years ago.

cp
I admire your strength and the guts to pray for patience, wow! Thank you for sharing your life experience. It isn't easy to care for a loved one with Dementia (that is an understatement). My wife's grandparents lived with us and her grandmother had Dementia in advanced stages and her grandfather had alcohol-induced Alzheimer's. I wouldn't want to relive that time but wouldn't want to omit it either. You prayed for patience, though, wow!

It’s a trying and sad condition( dementia) for sure.

kudos cp for praying for patience, it’s a well needed skill in that kind of job....
Along with compassion.
And the funny thing is, ( when we had the time) we would go along with their requests and accompany them on a mission....
And just went with the flow.
It was interesting to see where it led😊

Back