Open My Heart

This song begins with a prayer from someone who is asking God to open his or her heart to receive God’s truth and to make him or her a servant, pure within. This individual has been drawn to Jesus by the Father, and has responded to that call. He or she desires to please God, to give him praise, and to allow the Spirit of God to transform all his or her ways. And, the individual acknowledges the fact that Jesus Christ died on a cross to save him or her from sin.

And, then we have the response from God: Repent of sin and be cleansed within. Obey all of Christ’s commands. Don’t let doubt and fear consume your life. Jesus cares for you, and he feels your pain. He is full of love, grace, kindness, tenderness and compassion towards us, yet he requires that to follow him we must die to our old lives of sin, be transformed in heart and mind of the Spirit of God, and we must put on our new lives in Jesus, “created to be like Christ in true righteousness and holiness” (See Ep. 4:17-24; Lu. 9:23-25).

He desires to have a relationship with us, not just to save us from sin so we can go to heaven one day. He wants daily communion with us, and for us to follow him where he leads us in showing us the plan he has for our lives. He asks that we bring our requests to him in prayer, that we lay our burdens at his feet, and that we trust him completely with our lives. Then we will know his comfort from above.

Open My Heart / An Original Work / July 2, 2013

“Be wise about what is good and innocent about what is evil”(Rm. 16:19b).

Open my heart. Let Your truth in.
Make of me a servant, pure within;
Sing of Your praise all of my days.
Let Your Spirit transform all my ways.
Jesus Christ died on a cross to
Save me from my sin.
“Repent of sin. Be cleansed within.
Obey all of His commands today.”

“Why do you doubt? Why do you fear?
Jesus Christ will wipe away your tears.
He cares for you. He feels your pain.
Die to sin, and life with Him you’ll gain.
Follow Him where’er He leads you.
Talk with Him each day.
Then you will know what He has planned
For your life before your world began.”

“Come unto Me, weary in heart.
Let My love and grace to you impart.
Believe in Me. Trust in My care.
Take your burdens to the Lord in prayer.
He will meet all of your needs,
And give you peace within.
Rejoice in Him! Tell of His love.
He will give you comfort from above.”

http://youtu.be/fSbDg4rooyc

Back