Open Your Heart

If your heart has been opened to God, SOMETHING happened. You may be too close to the situation to immediately see what has changed, but will see it later. It is not a trade. It is not "Gee, if I do this, then the Lord must give me what I want."

It may be that your heart was not truly as open as you think. I am not saying that you have not been saved, but that opening our heart to God is something that is learned over time.

Many want what they see in long-time Christians immediately, without the growth to back it up.

My advice is:
Do not get impatient with God.
I'd just like to add to this - from experience.
People who tend to always be and always have been in a place of utter control, tend to struggle with this opening up part.
Being a control freak is tough to un-learn if you have lived that way a few years.
So be patient, daily, you learn to submit to Him more and more the next, remember, little here, little there.
God is not going to rush you beyond your ability, He made you and knows when you will break.

Oh, I think I get what you are saying. Faith is complete trust in God, no more, no less, and there is no such thing as "trying" God.
Yes, and there is no such thing as trying faith either. Faith that is "tried" is not faith at all. Faith either is or it's not, that is why it is called a substance in the bible.

Yes, and there is no such thing as trying faith either. Faith that is "tried" is not faith at all. Faith either is or it's not, that is why it is called a substance in the bible.
So completely trust God in every situation? What am I trusting Him for? I mean, am I trusting Him to keep me from sinning, to help me obey His word? Or am I simply trusting Him that He saved me, and that I am free from condemnation? All three of these? Anything else?

So completely trust God in every situation? What am I trusting Him for? I mean, am I trusting Him to keep me from sinning, to help me obey His word? Or am I simply trusting Him that He saved me, and that I am free from condemnation? All three of these? Anything else?
Yes! All of that.

Reactions: Juk
Remember Juk, to take every thought captive, to make it obedient to Christ. Be ever conscious of your thoughts and words, that they line up with the word of God. Memorize 2 Corinthians 10:3-5.

I'd just like to add to this - from experience.
People who tend to always be and always have been in a place of utter control, tend to struggle with this opening up part.
Being a control freak is tough to un-learn if you have lived that way a few years.
So be patient, daily, you learn to submit to Him more and more the next, remember, little here, little there.
God is not going to rush you beyond your ability, He made you and knows when you will break.

Ya know i have had to learn this lesson also, and i can tell you that learning to give up control can be difficult. I had "rules" on how i did things and how i conducted myself. Well when God was trying to teach me His ways.....shoot I felt as if i had no sure footing, and all of my life and "rules" felt as if it was sand going through my fingers. But once i learned what His ways were....much better!

Reactions: Juk
Back