Opinions on a scripture, please.

dear Violet,
you ask some good questions and it seem to me you are seeking truth so below is an exsert from the didache or as it is commonly known the teachings of the 12 Apostles this was used by the early church and is still referred to today the didache is an abridged revsion of the constitution of the Apostles that was recorded at the council of jerusalem in 49AD as is mentioned in the book of Acts 15 what we have in the bible is only the part God wanted there the rest you would have learned at church from the Apostles and Bishops,priests and deacons if any one is interested in these writings just pm me and we will see what we can do for you one point i would like to point out is this the church today as did the Apostles dunked the person being baptized three times once in the name of the Father once in the name of the Son and once in the name of the Holy Spirit so yes we have to baptize correctly or the baptism is invalid

7 Now about baptism: this is how to baptize. Give public instruction on all these points, and then baptize in running water, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. If you do not have running water, baptize in some other. If you cannot in cold, then in warm. If you have neither, then pour water on the head three times in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Before the baptism, moreover, the one who baptizes and the one being baptized must fast, and any others who can. And you must tell the one being baptized to fast for one or two days be forehand.( The didache 7)

May The Lord Bless
daniel2macarius

ps in every account that someone was saved inscripture they where baptized and recieved the laying on of hands of the Apostles just have a look at any good concordance for the words baptism and laying on of hands this being the case should we not follow scripture as Jesus said if you love me you will obey my comandments.

this iswhat the Matthew henry comentary of scripture says

2. Women must learn the principles of their religion, learn Christ, learn the scriptures; they must not think that their sex excuses them from that learning which is necessary to salvation. 3. They must be silent, submissive, and subject, and not usurp authority. The reason given is because Adam was first formed, then Eve out of him, to denote her subordination to him and dependence upon him; and that she was made for him, to be a help-meet for him. And as she was last in the creation, which is one reason for her subjection, so she was first in the transgression, and that is another reason.(1 Tim 2:9-15)

33For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
34Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. 35And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.​
36What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only? 37If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 38But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant. 39Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues. 40Let all things be done decently and in order.(1 Cor 14:33-40)

Matthew Henry
1662-1714
English minister and Bible commentator

A Puritan

Back