Oregon Gunman Singled Out Christians During Rampage

A gunman singled out Christians, telling them they would see God in “one second,” during a rampage at an Oregon college Thursday that left at least nine innocent people dead and several more wounded, survivors and authorities said.

“[He started] asking people one by one what their religion was. ‘Are you a Christian?’ he would ask them, and if you’re a Christian, stand up. And they would stand up and he said, ‘Good, because you’re a Christian, you are going to see God in just about one second.’ And then he shot and killed them,” Stacy Boylen, whose daughter was wounded at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Ore., told CNN.

http://nypost.com/2015/10/01/oregon-gunman-singled-out-christians-during-rampage/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-community-college-kills-people-campus.html

My heart breaks for all involved. Blessed are those who professed their faith in Christ and endured to the end; they are now dancing with Jesus. Could this be a sign on things to come? Lord help us.

Matthew 13:12 - You will be hated by all because of My name, but the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.

I pray NOT Brian! But we're starting to see this sort of thing, more and more in the U.S.. I think this latest iteration really started with the attack (see here) on the Washington DC Family Research Council (FRC) office by a progressive liberal who obtained their information off the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) website.

Whatever the political root is (e.g. Cultural Marxism [all forms of Marxism are anti-Christian and state atheistic], etc...), clearly modern/progressive liberalism is set against the traditional Christian worldview and has been now for decades. If the left were to change direction and stop positioning the traditional Christian worldview (and traditional Christians) as the enemy of humanity and human progress (because they don't like creationism in any form [YE, OE, TE, etc...], God's holiness, and Christianity's objectivity [which conflicts with philosophical relativism, religious pluralism, atheistic anthropology, etc...), this type of persecution would dwindle away.

Public academia, most of the mainstream media, much of government and the military, much of the large corporate private sector, etc... in the U.S. are now infected with this anti-traditional Christian virole. It's systemic now in U.S. institutions and the resulting persecution against traditional Christians is real. But it's a human creation that can end if people end it. Like the guy at the hardware store told me, the bottom is where the digging stops. Should they choose not to, then we'll have to endure it until God eventually ends it.

Last edited:
Whatever the root cause is (e.g. Cultural Marxism, etc...), clearly modern/progressive liberalism is set against the traditional Christian worldview and has been now for decades.

A possible root cause (one of many I'm sure) is the inability to cope or handle a conviction that any other worldview aside from the Christian worldview is a lie straight from the devil. People would rather live their lives as if there was no god, conforming and embarrassing destructive lifestyles with no accountability. The Christian worldview poses one of the greatest threats to the mentality of 'do anything you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else'. We care because what people are doing IS hurting themselves, others around them, and more importantly, their salvation. Yet, they wish not to view it as love and compassion, rather, some type of phobia or delusion, hindering them from their own definitions of 'happiness'. "But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort" (Luke 6:24).

This isn't really all that new as far as targeting. The Columbine shooters made basement tapes, able to be viewed and also includes reviews of the tapes, on You Tube. In those the two shooters, planning the attack and filming their conspiratorial meetings in a basement, talked about targeting certain religious students at the school.
One of the shooters revealed to the other that he was Jewish. And for a moment , feared his co-conspirator hearing this was going to do something to him right there.

Had this latest school shooting and targeting been that of Muslims or those addressed in the SCOTUS June decision, would the media have focused more attention to that particular set of details in the killing spree? I think so.

While being he targeted Christians some outlets are reporting it's true and other sites are saying it was not. As if it cant be let to stand that an avowed Satanist on social media could possibly have targeted Christians. Or that he did isn't all that important.

Back