Original Works

Original Works Song Book September 5, 2014
Introduction

By Sue J Love

I have always loved music. I have been singing since I was a small child. I majored in music education my first time around in college many, many years ago. Yet, other than putting a melody to one of my poems in 1984, I had never before written songs.

My husband kept encouraging me that I should write songs, since the Lord Jesus wakes me every morning with a spiritual song or hymn playing in my mind, formerly only written by others, (but now including the songs he has given me to write, too). Yet I kept telling my husband that song writing was not my gift.

The Lord Jesus has been having me write out what he teaches me each day from my times with him in his word, and he has had me posting the writings on various websites for the past eight years. He nearly always includes a song or two with my daily devotions with him each day. Yet, I just did not imagine he would have me write songs.

Nevertheless, beginning April 6, 2011, the Lord Jesus Christ gave me a new gift, the gift of writing songs. He gave this gift to a clay vessel, i.e. I am a work in progress and writing songs is something I am still learning to do. I began writing them by hand. Then I learned how to use a song writing software package. Next, I learned how to save them into a file to be shared publicly, and then I learned how to put the files together on a site where they could be shared and heard publicly. So, this was a work in progress.

The songs are not professionally recorded, with the exception of one, “For Our Nation,” which was recorded in Nashville, TN, in October of 2012.

The songs are about God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit; about Jesus Christ and his gospel of salvation, and are songs of praise and adoration to him, my Savior, Lord and King. They are songs of encouragement and hope; of exhortation and edification; of prayer and devotion; of revival and renewal; and of what it means to be his servants and witnesses.

God gave me each tune to write, and then I prayed for the words. I prayed, “Lord Jesus, if this tune is from you, and you would be pleased to give your servant words to go with this tune, I pray you will do so. In Jesus’ name I pray these things. Amen.” And, he either put the words directly in my mind, or he led me to a passage of scripture, and then he showed me what words went with what notes. So, the songs are from Him, beginning to end. So, all praise, honor and glory belong to God for what he has done through this clay vessel.

Song Book in PDF or in Word Document Downloads:

http://originalworks.info/original-works-song-book-introduction/

Back