Our Adventure Yesterday Coming Home From My Mom's House

Really wanted to share this...

So, we have snakes down here called cottonmouths. Big old mean venomous snakes.

My girlfriend and I were on our way to my apartment from my mom's and she noticed a snake in the road. I didn't see it. Told her to go back so I can see if I can help it across before it gets hit. Well, we were too late and it had already been hit, but still alive. It was also a momma with babies. Some dead, strewn across the road, and some alive and fighting to get out. I found a piece of wood and started to move the snake off the road and some of the babies came out but was only able to really save one and get it in the brush. I gave the others a fighting chance though.

The mom struck at me once and the one baby a couple of times.

We had gone to my mom's so that she can see me before the surgery to have my gall bladder taken out on Thursday and so I can lounge in her pool to help maybe take some of the pain away that I am feeling. It did work until we had the adventure.

My girlfriend and I were on our way to my apartment from my mom's and she noticed a snake in the road. I didn't see it. Told her to go back so I can see if I can help it across before it gets hit. Well, we were too late and it had already been hit, but still alive. It was also a momma with babies. Some dead, strewn across the road, and some alive and fighting to get out. I found a piece of wood and started to move the snake off the road and some of the babies came out but was only able to really save one and get it in the brush. I gave the others a fighting chance though.

We had gone to my mom's so that she can see me before the surgery to have my gall bladder taken out on Thursday and so I can lounge in her pool to help maybe take some of the pain away that I am feeling. It did work until we had the adventure.
I really really do not like snakes. We have some garden snakes (I think that is what they are called) in the back yard. I am ok sharing the yard with them, as long as they stay at one end and I on the other.

We have adders here where I live and I don’t like them. They are not as deadly as the snakes in the USA but they can still kill a dog if bitten. I have never seen one and don’t want to.
i wouldn’t hurt one but I wouldn’t save one either. I think your brave to do that.

I keep many reptiles including three ball pythons and a western hognose snake. Technically, the hognose is venomous, but medically insignificant to humans.

For me, I think all snakes have a purpose here on earth and they help keep the rodent and diseased animal populations down.

I really really do not like snakes. We have some garden snakes (I think that is what they are called) in the back yard. I am ok sharing the yard with them, as long as they stay at one end and I on the other.

Our home backs up to the forest. We have in our back yard all the time.......raccoons, opossums, pigs, deer, bears and probably 100 Black racers.
(Maybe not 100).

In 25 years there I have never seen a rattlesnake or a Moccasin or rat!. It may be because the Black snakes eat them. One is really big...probably 6 foot and I call her "Sally"! She usually comes out a couple times a week and lies in the sun on the patio.

I keep many reptiles including three ball pythons and a western hognose snake. Technically, the hognose is venomous, but medically insignificant to humans.

For me, I think all snakes have a purpose here on earth and they help keep the rodent and diseased animal populations down.
Yes I think they do serve a purpose. That’s why I wouldn’t hurt them. I am fascinated by them but I’m also very scared of them. They are something that I can watch on a documentary but not in my backyard.
Why some of them( taipans) have so much poison in just one bite to kill a hundred men is out of this world.
They obviously need to survive so badly in Gods eyes and He knows best so I agree with Him.

Yes. Risk verses reward!

However........when you were trying to help the mommy cottonmouth, and she bit you and you were in hospital trying to survive......
what then was the purpose of that snake?

That was my risk to take to be sure she survived. I am a fan of reptiles and I just wanted to help her. I knew what I was doing. I was using a piece of plywood to scoot her to the side and that is what I used to pick up the one baby I was able to get.

I guess unless you keep reptiles, it's hard to understand why anyone would want to risk themselves like that.

Hello naomanos;

I can see why you wanted to share your testimony. You are a fan of reptiles. Does this include other reptiles like alligators, crocodiles, lizards in your life?

Personally, I'm not a fan of snakes. Where I live I have only seen a little snake once in my backyard, actually trying to get away from me.

I do have a buddy who is a representative of floor tiles = rep tile. lol! 😎

I'm glad the cottonmouth mother and baby didn't bite you.

Our home backs up to the forest. We have in our back yard all the time.......raccoons, opossums, pigs, deer, bears and probably 100 Black racers.
(Maybe not 100).

In 25 years there I have never seen a rattlesnake or a Moccasin or rat!. It may be because the Black snakes eat them. One is really big...probably 6 foot and I call her "Sally"! She usually comes out a couple times a week and lies in the sun on the patio.
Now you know why I have not come over to visit :)

Rtm

That was my risk to take to be sure she survived. I am a fan of reptiles and I just wanted to help her. I knew what I was doing. I was using a piece of plywood to scoot her to the side and that is what I used to pick up the one baby I was able to get.

I guess unless you keep reptiles, it's hard to understand why anyone would want to risk themselves like that.
My wife is a science teacher. Many moons ago, she kept a big old yellow snake in her classroom. During the summer, she brought the thing home. She use to feed it live white mice. If I recall, she told m that they eat one a week, She would throw two in there and one of those little guys had to wait his turn to become dinner. I can't imagine how stressed those little guys were just waiting for a week. Nope, it would have made a nice yellow belt.

rtm

I don’t know what it is about snakes/ serpents that God used as a representation of evil in the GOE. I know they can be deadly but so can poison arrow frogs and spiders. I assume wisdom is akin to being snakelike as Jesus said be wise as serpents. But why is it that a serpent is wiser than any other creature? He could have used an owl!

I don’t know what it is about snakes/ serpents that God used as a representation of evil in the GOE. I know they can be deadly but so can poison arrow frogs and spiders. I assume wisdom is akin to being snakelike as Jesus said be wise as serpents. But why is it that a serpent is wiser than any other creature? He could have used an owl!
Not sure, but they do have a bad rep and in started almost on day 1 (hey, I said "almost").

We have a serious issue with the Burmese python in our Everglades. They are not from there here parts and have become a serious problem. Anyone can hunt/kill as many of them as they want.

It's a funny thing. We had a really back hurricane a while ago that came though this area. The storm practically destroyed our zoo and many of the animals in display escaped. Some of them were exotic snakes; the Burmese python being one of them. They estimate that there might be as many as 100,000 of them, some of which can get to 20 feet (a bit over 6 meters) in length. Hunting them has become quite a sport for some people.

God didn't use an owl because they are very, very farsighted not knowing the future, kind of an oxymoron. Yet they give the appearance they are wise looking with those round eyes that cannot move.

So when Eve approached him, nearsighted, he would not have recognize her from Adam, who could have done more damage eating the whole tree.

L😎L!

God didn't use an owl because they are very, very farsighted not knowing the future, kind of an oxymoron. Yet they give the appearance they are wise looking with those round eyes that cannot move.

So when Eve approached him, nearsighted, he would not have recognize her from Adam, who could have done more damage eating the whole tree.

L😎L!
Well, you gave that a great deal of thought.....

Rtm

L😎L!
Hm.... just thought of something. You think their bad vision is why they are always yelling: "who . . . who"?

Rtm

Hm.... just thought of something. You think their bad vision is why they are always yelling: "who . . . who"?

Rtm

Good one, Ray! Hey, your wife is a science teacher? I don't mean to take this topic, off topic, but how much education did you folks invest in? I feel for many people that love or enjoy going to school, it is an adventure.

I was not an avid or zealous student when I was in high school, college and seminary. It was by His strength that I managed to complete my studies.

Back