Our Agenda ----- God's Will

Dusty

Inactive
Our Agenda ----- God's Will

John 4:31-34

31Meanwhile his disciples urged him, "Rabbi, eat something."
32But he said to them, "I have food to eat that you know nothing about."
33Then his disciples said to each other, "Could someone have brought him food?" 34"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

God's Food : Jesus said " My food is to do the will of him who sent me and accomplish his work ' When we hunger and thirst after the things of God - we will be filled .

People often ask and I am not exempt from that statement either :

" What is the will of God for my life ?" I am now thinking this statement is" flawed" because it focuses on" Self " instead of God . It is question about Me , my life , and my future . You see the connection ? Me , Me , Me .

I am not saying the question is not a legitimate concern , but thinking the real concern should be " What is God's will ?"
Not His will for me , but HIS WILL ..... period.

God's will is our agenda and priority for this world . We are also to be available with open eyes to His purposes so that we may follow the leading of the Holy Spirit to accomplish whatever tasks Jesus has set before us.

That way we shift our focus to the bigger picture - " GOD " . His interests , His will , His agenda .

To know the personal will of God , we need to know how God is working through His people.

OUr personal lives must align completely with what God is doing in the world at large . This should include evangelism - seeking and saving the lost and the people God brings into our lives .

We are so caught up in our lives " My life " , " my needs " , " my agenda " instead of asking the question " Does God have something in mind that is bigger than just " Me " and my food ?

I am reminded in my thinking to not disconnect God's will that is in me and you , so that God can enrich other people through my obedience and general purposes of God , so that His working through me will accomplish His purpose and goal in my life.

Romans 9:16

It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy.

Focusing on self is a general problem we see in our society today . We cannot let ourselves get caught up in thinking .... ' I am worth it " , I need it and want it . I want more stuff .... Stuff .... the root of all our problems . Ask those who have lost everything in the hurricane or flood .... suddenly all these things becomes redundant . The more important in life is Who are we putting first in our life.?

Matthew 6:33
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Back