Our Aim

Dusty

Inactive
Our Aim

Check Our Aim

James 4: 1-17

God is showing us in this passage that it is far more important to ask Him for our needs . But when we are asking : we need to check our spirit . Even when we ask we must be mindful of our aim . - we do we want only what will give us pleasure Are we seeking a more deeper relationship with Jesus Christ .? Our needs should be lined up with the will of God in our lives and I need to also tune into His will for my life not what I think I should do or want .

What do we think it means in the Bible when it says the Holy Spirit whom God has placed in “ All believers “ watches over us with tender jealousy ? Yes we serve a jealous God who covets our worship and praise and to Him and him alone do we worship . He gives us the strength and the power to overcome evil . But thinking about it , that strength comes only when we are humble and we don’t let pride set into our lives .

He tells us “ to resist the devil and he will flee from us “ How do we resist the devil ? By not letting him get a foothold in our lives . By daily communing with our Father and reading His word.. When we draw close to God – He will draw close to us . And the devil has no option but to flee from our lives.

Just remember “ Self confidence “ never pleases God . If we aim to pattern our lives after Jesus Christ , we will see that we have no room for pride and self justification .

not-home-yet-albums-animations-picture1291-glitteryourway-2c9d4df7.gif
for sharing love
not-home-yet-albums-animations-picture1292-glitteryourway-2bffc151.gif
:smiley190:

Thank you every one for your warm welcome . I am still waiting to see what God has in store for me but I do feel a strong connection here so we will see. God Bless you all . I love all the new smilies .

Back