Our God is an Awesome God !

The Lord our God, He it is that brought us up and our fathers out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, and which did those great signs in our sight, and preserved us in all the way wherein we went.
(Josh. 24:17)

Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.
(Ex. 23:20)

And in the wilderness, where thou hast seen how that the LORD thy God bare thee, as a man doth bear his son, in all the way that ye went, until ye came into this place.
Yet in this thing ye did not believe the LORD your God, Who went in the way before you, to search you out a place to pitch your tents in, in fire by night, to shew you by what way ye should go, and in a cloud by day."
Deuteronomy 1:31-33

From The Quarter Master General
U.S. Army logistics.

Assuming the number of the children of Israel leaving Egypt was 6,000,000.
Food
1500 tons of food each and every day
This equates to 2 freight trains 1 mile long.

Water
11,000,000. gallons per day
This equates to 1 tanker train 1800 miles in length.

Cooking fuel (wood)
4000 tons per day

In order for this company to pass through the Red Sea in one day, they would have to walk through an opening in the Sea, 3 miles wide, 5000 abreast.

The size of the camp of Israel was 750 Square miles...the size of the state-Rhode Island.

As I pondered these numbers they point to a Great and Almighty Saviour God.

"And He (Jesus) said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing."
Luke 22:35

Hymn 241
Saviour, through the desert lead us,
Without Thee we cannot go;
Thou from cruel chains has freed us,
And hast laid the tyrant low:
Let Thy presence
Cheer us all our journey through.

Through a desert waste and cheerless,
Though our destined journey lie,
Render'd by Thy presence fearless,
We may every foe defy:
Naught shall move us,
While we see Thee, Saviour, nigh.

With a price Thy love has bought us,
(Saviour, what a love is Thine!)
Hitherto Thy power has brought us,
(Power and love in Thee combine):
Lord of glory,
Ever on Thy household shine.

"...not one thing hath failed of all the good things which the LORD your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, and not one thing hath failed thereof."
Joshua 23:14

Was it 6 million, I thought it was around 2 million at the time of Josua and Caleb.
The Book of Numbers does give the exact numbers in each tribe does it not?

Food
1500 tons of food each and every day This equates to 2 freight trains 1 mile long. Water 11,000,000. gallons per day This equates to 1 tanker train 1800 miles in length. Cooking fuel (wood) 4000 tons per day

Hello Dale Stewart;

Thank you for your thread which personally gives us all so much to be thankful for.

Yes, No matter how high or low in our eyes, our God is an awesome God! The word Awesome accurately describes the transcendent ways of the Almighty.

God bless you and your family.

The Lord our God, He it is that brought us up and our fathers out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, and which did those great signs in our sight, and preserved us in all the way wherein we went.
(Josh. 24:17)

Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.
(Ex. 23:20)

And in the wilderness, where thou hast seen how that the LORD thy God bare thee, as a man doth bear his son, in all the way that ye went, until ye came into this place.
Yet in this thing ye did not believe the LORD your God, Who went in the way before you, to search you out a place to pitch your tents in, in fire by night, to shew you by what way ye should go, and in a cloud by day."
Deuteronomy 1:31-33

From The Quarter Master General
U.S. Army logistics.

Food
1500 tons of food each and every day
This equates to 2 freight trains 1 mile long.

Water
11,000,000. gallons per day
This equates to 1 tanker train 1800 miles in length.

Cooking fuel (wood)
4000 tons per day

In order for this company to pass through the Red Sea in one day, they would have to walk through an opening in the Sea, 3 miles wide, 5000 abreast.

The size of the camp of Israel was 750 Square miles...the size of the state-Rhode Island.

As I pondered these numbers they point to a Great and Almighty Saviour God.

"And He (Jesus) said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing."
Luke 22:35

Hymn 241
Saviour, through the desert lead us,
Without Thee we cannot go;
Thou from cruel chains has freed us,
And hast laid the tyrant low:
Let Thy presence
Cheer us all our journey through.

Through a desert waste and cheerless,
Though our destined journey lie,
Render'd by Thy presence fearless,
We may every foe defy:
Naught shall move us,
While we see Thee, Saviour, nigh.

With a price Thy love has bought us,
(Saviour, what a love is Thine!)
Hitherto Thy power has brought us,
(Power and love in Thee combine):
Lord of glory,
Ever on Thy household shine.

"...not one thing hath failed of all the good things which the LORD your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, and not one thing hath failed thereof."
Joshua 23:14
I used to do some event planning for work and I used to do fundraisers for politicians. Neither of these jobs are fun, especially fundraisers for politicians.
I cannot imagine taking that many people on a journey. When you break it out the way you did you really have to stop and pause at the Wonder of God. He has every detail worked out in advance including the rough patches we walk through in our individual lives. This is a good reminder that we can remain calm in the storms of life in knowing that He has all provisions planned for and taken care of. Thank you for sharing.

Stand Still and See the Salvation of the Lord. Sounds so simple, yet at times I struggle with standing still. The peace of God will surround us...... I need to remember to stand still and see the salvation of the Lord and let His peace surround me.

Yes we do. May I encourage you that under the New Covenant through Christ, God gives us the victory through the faith within us that He Himself authors and perfects? This why being saved by faith guarantees that we are winners. He is doing it all within us by His Spirit. Everything we need, just like the Israelites in the Exodus, is provided by God being with us, caring about us.

In other words, if we need to be still and know that He is God in order to triumph over something we cannot handle, He will simply ensure that we are able to be still as a gift to us. That is the work of the Spirit within us. He will also ensure that if we should ask God for it, that we will pray for it at the right time and in the right way. It is part of His sanctifying work within us to pray through us because we don't know how to pray in the will of God. It is beautifully simple and peaceful. And it is a gradual journey from being transformed by the New Birth (when He first indwells us) through one phase after another of being made more and more glorious by Him. This is the normal Christian walk if He really lives in our heart.

Everything that needs to happen He will ensure does happen, because He is perfectly capable, responsible and trustworthy. For instance, the fruit of the Spirit is guaranteed to be growing in the life of every true believer. It is a normal part of our salvation. We don't need to ensure it happens, because He will do it within us. That is why it's His fruit. It is our spiritual sabbath rest that trying to be good enough is no longer necessary, because we walk by the faith that He Himself gives us. The Israelites failed to enter the Promised Land because of their doubt, so never entered their rest. The next generation after 40 years of desert wandering had a different attitude, so they obeyed the Lord and claimed His land. Joshua led them in - and Joshua, I believe, is the Hebrew version of the Greek word Jesus. Our rest really is in Christ.

I have an idea that hopefully can come to fruition, so could use some logistical help.

It is to have a combined schools book fair as a fundraiser. My school used to do them but few parents bought books mainly because parents dont havea lot of money to spend and also the principal thought it was maybe a bit of pressure on them at school.

But if we had a combined schools bookfair maybe on the weekend afor everyone, anyone could go, and profits could be split amongst participating schools, customers would just put a token in for the school they wish to support? I was thinkng having it at a community hall or rec centre where a lot of parents and children go, and also having not just childrens books but all kinds of books for sale. We have contacts with a publishers who does book fairs in schools but thing is really only wealthy schools can afford to have them.

If it was combined, the richer parents might be willing to supports the poorer schools by buying more books?

Back