OUR GOD IS GREATER

There are many things that we face in this life: health issues, family issues, and personal habits and addictions. But never fear God knows and he said I will never leave you or forsake you. In I John 4:4 he said “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world”.

So what does that mean? Yes he is greater than cancer, diabetes, and hypertension. He is greater than that wayward daughter or son. He is greater that alcoholism and drug addiction. However, he has to be chosen as #1 in your life and asked to help you conquer these things. The one thing he asks of us is to love Him. Love Him above all things. Seems simple but there is definitely a challenge offered.

He says in I John 2:15: Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16) For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father but of the world.

Again we say: what does this mean? We don’t become over comers loving the world and the things of the world. You don’t go “clubbing’ if you are trying to defeat alcoholism and drug addictions. You avoid the bakery all the time if you are a diabetic. You don’t go window shopping (physically or on-line) when you have financial problems. Do you exercise? Do you spend time talking (not yelling) to your children? Thee id a not so little word called “discipline”. Are you willing to discipline yourself?

No, this is not easy. But as you develop a greater love for Christ through prayer and studying the Word, He will give you the will to defeat your problems through a greater love for Him. You will find that when your appetite becomes more toward Him and less toward the things of this life, you will see a change in your walk.

There is a saying that when I gave my heart to God, my walk changed and my talk changed. Guess what: it doesn’t happen overnight. It takes a concentrated effort.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:6
http://restoringfaithandgrace.net/our-god-is-greater/

Back