Our missionaries teach that Muhammad is a prophet?

Scary...

http://biblicalmissiology.org/2015/03/25/our-missionaries-teach-that-muhammad-is-a-prophet/

"While not well known to most Evangelical Christians, the idea that one can come to true saving faith in God while remaining in religious systems like Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc…is rapidly becoming mainstream among the western missionaries we are sending and supporting. Missionaries ministering in the Islamic world, who have accepted the idea that Islam provides a path into the true Kingdom of God, frequently also accept the validity of Muhammad’s role as a true prophet of God. ..."

2Ti 4:3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,
Itching ears is likely a Greek idiom for comfortable speech.
Just another leaf bud on the fig tree.

Ouch! That is just sad. Can they not think that they degrade Christ and all He has done to nothing - which cannot be done.

The Reference to God the Father is changed to Allah in the new Wycliffe Bible.

KJV
Matthew 28:19 . . . baptizing them in the name of the Father,
and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

NWB
Matthew 28:19 . . . cleanse them by water in the name of Allah,
his Messiah and his Holy Spirit.

KJV John 1:29 . . . Behold the Lamb of God , which taketh away the sin of the world.

NWB John 1:29 . . . Look! The Pig-Son of God , who takes away the sin of the world.

What on earth is this? This is disgusting. I understand that there has been an attempt made to contextualize scripture to people groups who had no introduction to sheep or lambs. This is a very poor and disastrous practice on their part, but this is not an example Islamization.

Last edited:
Scary...

http://biblicalmissiology.org/2015/03/25/our-missionaries-teach-that-muhammad-is-a-prophet/

"While not well known to most Evangelical Christians, the idea that one can come to true saving faith in God while remaining in religious systems like Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc…is rapidly becoming mainstream among the western missionaries we are sending and supporting. Missionaries ministering in the Islamic world, who have accepted the idea that Islam provides a path into the true Kingdom of God, frequently also accept the validity of Muhammad’s role as a true prophet of God. ..."

Yes it is sad and true. I have two dear friends who were missionaries. One to Pakistan and the other to Saudi Arabia. The govt. of both countries will execute any Christian who tries to spread the gospel and proselyte Muslims. It is a brutal and terrifying place to be in if you want to preach the gospel, be prepared to be locked up or killed. Both of my friends became so frustrated that they returned to the states and sought other assignments.

Even the chaplains in the american armed forces have been ordered to remove any mention of Christ and instead insert a generic reference to God.

This must be fairly recent. When I was staying on Ft Meyer, the post Chaplin was a very strong leader for Christ. There were some cases when I thought He went too far making his sermons approachable by the young soldiers on post, but His message was certainly Christ oriented. That is not to say that he could not or would not provide counsel to practitioners of non-christian faiths.

This must be fairly recent. When I was staying on Ft Meyer, the post Chaplin was a very strong leader for Christ. There were some cases when I thought He went too far making his sermons approachable by the young soldiers on post, but His message was certainly Christ oriented. That is not to say that he could not or would not provide counsel to practitioners of non-christian faiths.
Actually, the news story was about a year or so ago and, if I remember the story correctly, several chaplains were bucking the order and may very well have gotten the order reversed. At least, from what you just stated, it sounds like the pressure has been eased off of them. Thank God.

Why are so surprised? This has been going on in churches in the US for decades.
Doctrine has gotten so watered down and accepting of the "movement of the day" that it is hardly recognizable as Christianity.
God forbid we offend some idiot by speaking the unchangeable truth.
Sweet poison has always been much more popular than bitter truth.

I'm not sure we can count this as news, though it's nonetheless distressful. It's not uncommon for missionaries to spread Christian heresies. There are wonderful missionaries who would die for the faith, but then there are some who are willing to say the wrong thing for the sake of not offending others.

Actually, the news story was about a year or so ago and, if I remember the story correctly, several chaplains were bucking the order and may very well have gotten the order reversed. At least, from what you just stated, it sounds like the pressure has been eased off of them. Thank God.

I left the military in 1979, so considerable time has passed.

That's not good.

Joshua 24
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that [were] on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Back