Our Presence With God

God's presence with us is not the same thing as we being in God's presence. God is every were, he is
omnipresent. There is no place were he is not. Why would we need to travel or come into his presence
if he is right here with us right now?”.

Psa 139:7-8
(7)Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art
there.

Jer 23:23-24
(23) "Am I only a God who is nearby?" announces the LORD. "Am I not a God who is also
far away?

(24) Can anyone hide in secret places so that I can't see him?" announces the LORD. "Don't I fill
heaven and earth?"announces the LORD. (NirV)

How can God be near us and far away at the same time?

Plenty scripture points toward God's presence being focused on a specific place. Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father. Moses and the burning bush. Physical interaction with Adam and it ceasing after sin.

Isaiah 59:2 says we are separated from God by sin and Haba 1:13 'Your eyes are too pure to look on evil'. Add these together and we can understand that God be reluctant to dwell in His full presence on Earth.

In Heaven I am sure we will feel His annointing everywhere. But NOT Earth.

Plenty scripture points toward God's presence being focused on a specific place. Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father. Moses and the burning bush. Physical interaction with Adam and it ceasing after sin.

Isaiah 59:2 says we are separated from God by sin and Haba 1:13 'Your eyes are too pure to look on evil'. Add these together and we can understand that God be reluctant to dwell in His full presence on Earth.

In Heaven I am sure we will feel His annointing everywhere. But NOT Earth.

Could we say God is everywhere present, but he himself is not everywhere? If that is true then what did God create in the physical world that we could see with our eyes to give us a revelation of how the Lord God is in the spiritual? There has to be something in which man can see so he can understand the nature of God in how God is far and near at the same time.

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Could we say God is everywhere present, but he himself is not everywhere? If that is true then what did God create in the physical world that we could see with our eyes to give us a revelation of how the Lord God is in the spiritual? There has to be something in which man can see so he can understand the nature of God in how God is far and near at the same time.

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

A fire? God can do anything. Even choose to remove His presence..?

God's presence with us is not the same thing as we being in God's presence. God is every were, he is
omnipresent. There is no place were he is not. Why would we need to travel or come into his presence
if he is right here with us right now?”.

Psa 139:7-8
(7)Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art
there.

Jer 23:23-24
(23) "Am I only a God who is nearby?" announces the LORD. "Am I not a God who is also
far away?

(24) Can anyone hide in secret places so that I can't see him?" announces the LORD. "Don't I fill
heaven and earth?"announces the LORD. (NirV)

How can God be near us and far away at the same time?
You have to understand that yes, He is everywhere, but He only meets in His realm, the spiritual realm. As Christians we were created spiritual beings and given a body the combination making a living soul. He knew us before the foundation of the universe. We need to be in the spirit in order fellowship with Him. It's not just idle chatter that Paul says we're to walk in the spirit. Where Adam sinned and turned inside out (a body having a spirit instead of how he was created a spirit with body) we as Christians have been given the ability to return to the allow the spirit to rule in our body - dying to the flesh. So if you want to fellowship with God you have to be in the spirit.

Romans 8:5 (KJV)
For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Romans 8:13 (KJV)
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

I've been meditating on why is it God shows up in horrible thick darkness as He did to Abraham, Isaac, Moses and Solomon... and at the cross... and I learned that since God is pure in all aspects, His purity reflects our true fallen nature back at us, (1 Cor 13:12). So what we feel, see and dread of the darkness is our own fallen state. We must move on to perfection (Heb 6:1-2) and press into His presence and get through the dark cloud and beyond the veil. Then we will have true fellowship with God and the cares of this world will grow strangely dim, to quote a hymn.

Rom 1:20
(20) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen,
being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and
Godhead;
so that they are without excuse:

God created this physical world with the intent to fashion it similar to the spiritual world. Man
now has a huge visual aid to help him understand his Kingdom, and not only his Kingdom but even
how God is! “..even his eternal power and Godhead...
What is it that God created in this physical world that represents God in the spiritual world?

The Lord blessed me several years ago by showing me this. Every day I am reminded of this truth.
I will give a few scriptures and then you tell me what you see in them as what it is that God created that we can see with our own eyes that will give us insight into the nature of God.

Mathew 17:1-2
(1)And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an
high mountain apart,
(2) And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was
white as the light.

Revelations 21:22-23
(22) And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
(23) And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory
of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

John 8:12
(12) Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth
me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Psalms 84:11
(11) The LORD God is like the sun that gives us light. He is like a shield that keeps us safe. The
LORD blesses us with favor and honor. He doesn't hold back anything good from those whose lives
are without blame. (NIrV)

Contrary to popular belief God's presence is every where, but he him self is not every where. If God him self was every where then there would be no need for us to come boldly to his throne of grace, because he would already be here with us. God created our solar system so we can look at it with our physical eyes and get a glimpse of how God is in the spiritual realm. According to Romans 1:20 it says we can see invisible things by looking at the things that are made by God in the physical. Searching the scriptures we find what God created that represents himself.

Matt 17:1-2
(1)And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an
high mountain apart,
(2) And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was
white as the light.

Revelations 21:22-23
(22) And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
(23) And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory
of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

John 8:12
(12) Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth
me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Psalms 84:11
(11) The LORD God is like the sun that gives us light. He is like a shield that keeps us safe. The
LORD blesses us with favor and honor. He doesn't hold back anything good from those whose lives
are without blame. (NIrV)

The sun in our solar system is what God created that describes how he is in the spiritual realm.
Many people years ago and even still today worship the sun as God. There problem is they don't know that the sun is not God it is only a representation of him.

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

They worship the created thing more than the Creator!!!

How can God be far away and yet still be close? It is easy to understand when we know that the sun is only a representation of the real. The sun is very far away from the earth, yet it's light rays shine directly on us. God is light, God is a consuming fire. Sounds like the sun to me. All light has to have a source to where is shines from. God is light and were ever God is at rest that is exactly where he is.

Psa 132:13 For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.
Psa 132:14 This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.

God's permanent place of "rest" is on mount Zion, the city of the living God.
This is where the source of God's light emanates from, and this is were the throne of grace is.
The Lord presence is always present with us, but for us to be in his presence we must learn how to get into his presence were his presence and our presence are together at the same time. How to do this is only through Jesus Christ who is brightness of God's Glory. My favorite scripture in the Old Testament is this.

Psa 43:3 O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.
Psa 43:4 Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God.

The truth leads us to him, but only His light can bring us to him. This why Jesus gave us his Glory so we can come into our Fathers presence anytime we want.

Back