Out Of The Mouth Of Babes...

So the past few days I haven't been really putting God first in my life like I should be. Then my nephew who is 5 years old said to me as we were playing Lincoln logs "Those are my Lincoln logs. Well, they're not ACTUALLY mine, they're God's. Everything belongs to God." I think that is exactly what I needed to hear. :) How do we as adults lose sight of that? Sometimes I think children are far wiser than we give them credit for.

Lol they're pretty good at that, but I think sometimes we need it.

LOL! That was so cute.. God ministers to us through kids :) Trust me.. My 2 year old kid has taught me certain things..

I think "pride" is what causes us not to glorify God for everything.. It is an under-estimated, but a very big sin!

That's pretty cute.

What Ravindran said, I second the motion. I think pride can get pretty inflated as we grow into adulthood, and we become so focused on our own answers and thinking that we're oh-so wise and been through so much and we can teach others so much because we know better, etc. etc...when we ultimately forget that we're still learning and will always be still learning.

It's one thing to share what we've learned, but not at the cost of losing our humility. I have to confess, I'm pretty proud sometimes, and I should be taking more steps back away from myself. It's easy to get caught up in yourself, and I'm pretty good at doing that unfortunately.

As C.S. Lewis said, “It is better to forget about yourself altogether.”

That's pretty cute.

What Ravindran said, I second the motion. I think pride can get pretty inflated as we grow into adulthood, and we become so focused on our own answers and thinking that we're oh-so wise and been through so much and we can teach others so much because we know better, etc. etc...when we ultimately forget that we're still learning and will always be still learning.

It's one thing to share what we've learned, but not at the cost of losing our humility. I have to confess, I'm pretty proud sometimes, and I should be taking more steps back away from myself. It's easy to get caught up in yourself, and I'm pretty good at doing that unfortunately.

As C.S. Lewis said, “It is better to forget about yourself altogether.”
I couldn't have put it better myself. I really need to read more of C.S. Lewis' stuff.

Back