Palm Sunday

Palm Sunday,what does it mean,to you?Is it just the day,the man,Jesus,rode on an ass into Jerusalem and got a kingly,reception? OR the day,our Messiah,took the first step,toward,confronting,our fears-sin and death?Toward,our redemption?Toward,our salvation?
This period of Easter,is not just,another vacation,but,a period,of reflection,on calvary,for that was where,our price,was paid.

The people gave Jesus the praise and adulation He was due, but they did not understand what He had come to do. If they had, they would have stood around the Cross weeping in repentance at their (and our) sin, shouting encouragement to Him as He bore the sins of mankind. They would then have kept vigil around His tomb and once more shouted adulation and laid palm branches before Him as he exited the tomb. The hearts of His followers were revealed in that time, including the hearts of those closest to Him. The Cross continues to reveal the hearts of men. The blood and mess and drama repel the self-satisfied, the rebellious, the lovers of self, the self-righteous. The humble and contrite are drawn to the Cross, knowing that it is they who should be there, wanting to identify with the atoning, though knowing that only He could accomplish it and must therefore of necessity take our place on the Cross taking on the judgements of God on our behalf.

Also,I think men shouldn't have understood,what Jesus entry on that day,into Jerusalem,was really for.That they may not be an hinderance,to His purpose.
Did you know Jesus purpose,was to die for you and me?Did you also know that,He wasn't ready,to allow,anyone or anything,screw that up,for Him?(Mat16:21-22)
Brethren,Jesus loved us.He came among us,for our rescue,He didn't see,doing us good,a means to get something,in return.Rather, He mixed up with us,made furniture,for people,son of God became,son of man.He did everything,to blend in.
I believe,Christ purpose on earth,wasn't meant,to be known and appreciated,until,He left.He asked His disciples,who do you think I am,when Peter got it right,He warned them,not to disclose it,to anyone(Mark8:27-30)
Christ was on an under-cover,rescue mission,for our souls.Praise Him,all the days of your life,for He is your,Hero

That's an interesting thought, Olaitan. I have pondered that myself. If the people had understood Who He was and What He came to do, how would they have reacted and how would that have affected His carrying out His mission? I think that part of His purpose, in addition to the mechanics of atonement, was to reveal the hearts of men, to help them realize their need of redemption. Even his most staunch supporters, those closest to Him and who had more insight into His ministry than anyone else, abandoned Him. Peter is a perfect case in point, how his character was revealed through his denial of Christ and how mercy, redemption, and restoration was extended to Him by the risen Christ.

I like your last statement. That's a pretty good description of His mission.

Thanks Rumely,I thank God,for the insight to His word,that He has blessed you with.I'm encouraged,being around,those I percieve,are alive,in the Spirit.If you don't mind,I think,we could know each other,more

awesome insight! & I too love this line "Christ was on an under-cover,rescue mission,for our souls.Praise Him,all the days of your life,for He is your,Hero" :)
I agree that if the poeple did understand why Jesus was there the whole time, what would be the point of dying on the cross for us? It was a display of God's authority,mercy on us (sinners) and that we should strive to be like God's one and only son; Jesus.

Thank you,sis. Faith.God is the awesome one and glory be to Him,who has given us,insight to His word.
An handsome brother,you got there,say hi to him,for me.God bless you

Thank you,sis. Faith.God is the awesome one and glory be to Him,who has given us,insight to His word.
An handsome brother,you got there,say hi to him,for me.God bless you

Palm Sunday,what does it mean,to you?Is it just the day,the man,Jesus,rode on an ass into Jerusalem and got a kingly,reception? OR the day,our Messiah,took the first step,toward,confronting,our fears-sin and death?Toward,our redemption?Toward,our salvation?
This period of Easter,is not just,another vacation,but,a period,of reflection,on calvary,for that was where,our price,was paid.

Quite clear to me are people who received Jesus Christ full of adulation and praise, but they were the very people who shouted, "Crucify Him, crucify Him, crucify Him!" This was when Pontius Pilate asked who to set free: Barabbas or Jesus Christ. Why? Because these people did not recognize Him!

This truth is what I read, and Jesus Christ is the TRUTH!

Ecclesiastes 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

If we preach this truth today that many people "do not know Jesus Christ" would they not shout the same words today, just substituting "Jesus Christ" with "Truth?"

Why, because WHO are not subject to His rebuke in:

John 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

Back