Parable Of The Ten Virgins

PART 1: PARABLE OF THE TEN VIRGINS ~ MATTHEW 25:1-13

1 At that time, the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4 The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5 The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep. 6 “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’ 7 “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8 The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’ 9 “’No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’ 10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut. 11 “Later the others also came. ‘Sir! Sir!’ they said. ‘Open the door for us!’ 12 “But he replied, ‘I tell you the truth, I don’t know you.’ 13 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

INTRODUCTION - “Be Watchful and Ready”

In this parable, the Messiah is decribing the time of His coming for His “bride” or true disciples and followers, those truly converted in their hearts. He is telling everyone to be watchful and ready... “Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming”... “Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season? Blessed is that servant whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing.” ~ Matthew 24:42; 24:44-46

PART 2: EXPLANATION OF Mathew 25:1-13

VERSE 1
a. virgins - Usually refers to those who are forgiven, or spiritually clean; but in this case, “virgins” refers to Christian churches and also to individual people, who proclaim they are Christians or followers of the Messiah... His body, His “bride”.
b. at that time - Refers to the present day (the end of the age), when the Lord’s return is at hand.
c. lamps - Refers to the church’s or messianic community’s faith/spirit/proclamation of faith, and also to an individual’s faith or trust in Christ.
d. went out to meet the Bridegroom - Refers to the Christians who are waiting patiently for Jesus to return. (Jesus is always the Bridegroom).

Verse 2

a. self-explanatory

PART 2: EXPLANATION OF Mathew 25:1-13 cont.

Verse 3

a. The foolish ones took their proclamation of faith (lamp), but did not have the Spirit or the Truth in their hearts. They only proclaimed it, they did not actually believe it in their heart. This is in reference to both individuals and churches.
b. The light has went out of the modern churches and peoples.

*NOTE: Referring to verse 3 above. The churches have become lukewarm. In Revelation 3:14-22 ... “And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write,’These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’--and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked-- I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be
revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”

Verse 4
a. the wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamp - Refers to the true believers who have steadfast faith/the Holy Spirit/the Word (the oil) in their hearts (jars), along with their testimony (lamp).
b. the oil - Represents faith, the Holy Spirit, and the Word
c. the jars - Refers to an individual’s heart
d. the lamp - Refers to an individual’s testimony, faith, and that which is shown from that faith... A reflection of their heart condition... “The lamp of the body is the eye. Therefore, when your eye is good, your whole body also is full of light. But when your eye is bad, your body also is full of darkness. Therefore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness. If then your whole body is full of light, having no part dark, the whole body will be full of light, as when the bright shining of a lamp gives you light.” -Luke 11:34-36

Verse 5
a. long time in coming - It has been over 2,000 years since Jesus said He would return.
b. They all became drowsy and fell asleep- Refers to the people and churches letting their faith waver and slip away because it has been so long. The light has went out of the modern churches through their lack of faith/trust, false testimony and teachings (or doctrines of men), and disobedience (forsaking of the Moral Law - 10 Commandments), a complete leading away from the Truth.... “Knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” - 2 Peter 3:3-4
c. fell asleep - Many died in their sins because of their rejection of the Truth... “This is why I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not trust that I AM [who I say I am], you will die in your sins.” - John 8:24

Verse 6

a. at midnight - Refers to the beginning of the Last Week, the seven years of judgment... the time appointed.
b. the cry rang out - Refers to the last trumpet sounding, before Christ’s return for His bride... God’s prophets and servants proclaiming Jesus’ coming is very near, even at the door, and a call to repentance. This time is now (Please study Matthew 24 and Luke 21).

The Letters From God and His Christ are a fulfillment of this trumpet sounding and “cry ringing out”! Hence, the name the Lord gave for His websites:“TrumpetCallofGod.com & TrumpetCallofGodOnline.com”

The Bridegroom is coming and His return is very close. I have been sent out ahead of Him, with a multitude of others who hear His voice. We go out to prepare His Bride so she shall be fit for the King. I must make a straight path for the Lord to follow and announce His coming! John went out baptizing with water, unto repentance, in preparation of the One coming after Him, whose sandals John was not worthy to loose. The One coming is coming again and so I, together with all those who would be His Trumpet Call, are going out baptizing with Spirit and Truth, according to that Spirit and Truth given us, so all, who have ears to hear, might be spared from the Day of Troubles that is coming upon the whole world. Correction and guidance, through testimony and proclamation, must be given. ~ Timothy

Surely the Lord God does nothing, Unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets. ~ Amos 3:7

c. Come out to meet Him - Jesus is telling everyone to call on His name in repentance. We must then change our ways, becoming new in Christ by walking in His very footsteps, continually separating ourselves from the world.

Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before, whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began. ~ Acts 3:19-22 The Lord lives, and forgives those who call on His name with all humility and supplication. Come to Me, and repent. ~ Jesus speaking [”Return Home...Your Father Calls” - Volume One - Letters from God and His Christ]

Verse 6 cont.

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. Behold, I
stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come
in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. ~ Revelation 3:19-20

He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked. ~ 1 John 2:6
And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and
do those things that are pleasing in His sight. ~ 1 John 3:22

The Trumpet is blowing, the bride is being prepared...The wedding supper approaches.
(Jesus speaking) ~ Letters from God and His Christ, Volume Six, “Many Are Called, Few Are Chosen...*All Shall Be Saved. The First Harvest Shall Be Lowly...The Second, Plenteous.”

Verse 7
a. Then the ten virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps - This is referring to when a person hears God’s call to repentance (trumpet), and turns to Christ. “Trimming their lamps” refers to the newly converted changing their lives, now endeavoring to live a Godly life according to the Word of God.
b. woke up - This refers to those who have heard God’s message and were pricked in their hearts, having been awakened out of their slumber.
c. trimming (or “prunes”) - “I am the True Vine, and My Father is the Vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.” (John 15:1-2)

Verse 8
a. Give us some of your oil, our lamps are going out - Some of those who woke up continued to stumble, falling back into sin, unable and unwilling to obey the Moral Law (The Ten Commandments), not having fully accepted the Truth into their hearts, nor did they read the Word of God, nor did they receive of the Holy Spirit, neither has Christ come to live in them and through them. Instead of trusting in God, through Jesus, for their salvation, they are relying on others to save them. The light has went out of the churches and the once-believers. They are like the Parable of the Seed sown in a stony place, first receiving the Word with joy, then it quickly dies within them because of the pressures of the world. They had no firm root structure in the Truth. (See the Parable of the Sower - Matthew 13:20-21)

Verse 9
a. No, there may not be enough for both us and you- The Holy Spirit and understanding of truth is only given by God, through Christ and His Spirit, not from other people. Most people do not have a strong enough faith to overcome. They have only enough faith/trust for themselves. Their faith may be weakened by the non-believers lack of faith.
b. Instead go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourself - Go and listen to those who testify of the Truth, on God’s behalf (“those who sell oil”), and believe what they are saying (“buy some for yourself”). Then own what you have purchased through belief, by asking God, in Jesus’s name, to forgive you and come into your heart. It is a personal decision made between each person and God, to accept their salvation in Christ... It is a gift from God.
c. those who sell oil - Refers to those who testify on God’s behalf (i.e. God-appointed apostles, prophets, teachers)
d. buy some for yourself - Refers to an individual believing what they are being told about the Lord, even to the writing of it on their hearts.

Verse 10
a. but while they were on their way to buy the oil, the Bridegroom arrived - The people waited too long, they remained lukewarm in their faith, because of their lack of faith and false-righteous heart. Those who sold the oil were taken to be with Jesus.
b. The virgins who were ready went in with Him to the wedding banquet - Those who went into the wedding banquet are those who Jesus saw of Himself in, those who waited patiently in faith, walking in His ways and also keeping the Commandments...“Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus” (Revelation 14:12). These will be taken up to Heaven by Jesus... “Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord” (1 Thessalonians 4:17). This is before the seven-year period of God’s judgments. The forgiven, who are truly converted in their hearts, do not fall under God’s wrath... “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life (John 5:24).
c. And the door was shut - Many will be left behind, to endure refinement* in the Day of the Lord (by fire, so to speak).

*NOTE:“The Refiner’s Fire”- For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire. - 1 Corinthians 3:11-15

Verse 11
a. Later the others also came. ‘Sir, Sir! Open the door for us!’- After the true believers were taken up, the rest of the people left behind came saying, ‘Jesus, Jesus!’ ‘ Take us up, we also proclaimed your name’ ... “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare
to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’”- Matthew 7:21-23
b. open the door for us - In other words, the people left behind are saying, “We didn’t open our hearts to You, Jesus. We have went our own way and have put our trust in men, instead of You... We refuse to be broken*, but please let us in.”
*And whoever falls on this stone will be broken... ~ Matthew 21:44

Blessed are those Who believe without seeing.

Verse 12

a. But He replied, ‘I tell you the truth, I don’t know you.’ - Jesus was saying He did not know them because their mere proclamation of faith was not enough. Faith without works is dead; and likewise, works done without faith are also dead. So then, even more blessed are those, who do what they have heard, for these live by faith...and by their doings, and by their example, will many be led to salvation. Jesus is also emphasizing the fact that He did not see of Himself in them. They should have held their lamps up so He could see their faces, but they had no oil or way to light their lamps...no light to shine on their faces, nor upon their works in faith... they remained in the dark. They did not know or obey Jesus, nor did they walk in His ways, nor did they keep the Moral Law of the Father. Many proclaimed faith, but had no works. While others had works, but no faith, a mere boasting. Both being found liars before The Lord having choosen lawlessness - the forsaking of the Moral Law of 10 Commandments, remaining void of the Spirit. Therefore, He did not know them, because He did not see of Himself in them.

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. - James 2:26

Verse 12 cont.

“So then, all those, who boast of their own works leading them to Heaven, shout in vain, shown in vanity for pride’s sake...” ~ God speaking [“I Am the Lord God Almighty!... The Only God! Why, Oh Peoples of the Earth, Do You Fight Against He Who Has Overcome the World? Kick Not Your Foot Against the Rock.” - Volume Two - Letters from God and His Christ]

“Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.” - 1 John 2:3-6

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ “- Matthew 7:21-23

Here is wisdom: God is just in everything. And if the Father’s justice is not a respecter of persons, then it shall surely come to pass in these last few short days (years)... Those who would be first shall be last, and those who were last shall be first. For what shall I do, and what shall I say, to these who speak My name continually, invoking My words from Scripture and My statutes, and then going in that self-same hour and disobeying them? Shall any man, who thinks himself righteous because he knows My name, be taken out of the Lord’s day as a reward for his disobedience and high-mindedness?... Surely not! What of all these men, who speak My name and My Word continually, in the judgment of others, to exalt their own selves? Shall I then reward them for their lack of humility, exalting them to Heaven, though they stand firm for themselves and not Me?... Surely not! Of My servants, I require all humility and meekness and faith, rightly dividing My Word unto edification of their brothers and sisters, not in justification of themselves, by themselves, for their own churches who do not keep My commandments nor honor My statutes. Thus says the Lord to all servants, who call of themselves servants in My name: Do you really know Me? Do you abide in Me?... And if I abide in you, then where is My fruit of My own Spirit of which I have given you?... I have not seen it! What have you done with My gifts? My lost sheep, where have you laid them?... They lie next to your faith, which has also been misplaced. Why do you now come against Me? For all you have done shall be accounted to you, unless you repent and cast away these filthy robes of arrogance and pride. You have asked of Me forgiveness, in My name, and I have washed you in My own blood...you are now married unto Me, beloved! How is it that you now play the harlot and return to those same things of which I have forgiven you? Beloved, the Lord does not change! Yet you have endeavored to change My Word to suit your own selfishness, to hold onto that which is abomination in the eyes of God! Shall I then gather you up and reward you for your error?... Surely not! Are you saved in spite of your error?... Yes, the Lord does not lie to His sheep. But remember this: The Lord will surely correct and discipline those He loves, making His bride fit for her Husband when He returns for her. My servants, hold your lamps up so I may see your faces! Why have you poured out the pure oil I gave you and intermingled it with the dirt upon the ground? Your lamps will not light, they have gone out. Hurry and buy some new oil, quickly, from those who I have sent to sell you of the pure oil, which I have given them. ~ Jesus speaking [“Many Are Called, Few Are Chosen...*All Shall Be Saved. The First Harvest Shall Be Lowly...The Second, Plenteous.” - Volume Six - Letters from God and His Christ]

Verse 13
a. Therefore, keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour. - In other words, stay vigilant in your faith and obedience, because we do not know the precise time Jesus is returning. However, we do know the season of His coming because of the trumpet sounding. Jesus told us exactly what to look for and what must happen right before His coming (Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21). Many of the signs, spoken of in the Gospels, are happening right now.

So look up... Your redemption draws nigh!

Back