Paradise and Heaven

It seems a lot of peoples loved ones have departed lately...in the past week alone Ive heard of three. Friends and friends of friends. All elderly though.

Hope to see them in heaven in their youthful glorified bodies.

Amen!

I don't care much for glorified bodies or heavenly mansions, all I want is JESUS! I would love to meet Him, talk to Him in person and follow Him, there is nothing I want more in this world.

Reactions: Juk
Well, being with him in person be really cool just to give him a hug..but we also need to be in our glorified bodies to do this! And also, I believe since Jesus will be King of Kings, he will live in a mansion of some sort befitting a King. Although I think He's also a down to earth bloke and enjoys spending time relaxing in Paradise before Heaven comes down.
Think on it, we get to personally see him on the throne when the church bride is married and the Kingdom officially handed over, like a coronation. It will be glorious.

I often wonder if the temple depicted in Ezekiel is the heavenly one. It seems to fit the dimensions revealed in book of Revelation. I'm just wondering who is going to build this, or will it just come down already prepared. I don't think we will build it? Need to do some more study on this.

Well, being with him in person be really cool just to give him a hug..but we also need to be in our glorified bodies to do this! And also, I believe since Jesus will be King of Kings, he will live in a mansion of some sort befitting a King. Although I think He's also a down to earth bloke and enjoys spending time relaxing in Paradise before Heaven comes down.
Think on it, we get to personally see him on the throne when the church bride is married and the Kingdom officially handed over, like a coronation. It will be glorious.

Jesus isn't "relaxing in Paradise before Heaven comes down." He is in Heaven now. He will be here on earth with us when Heaven comes down.

When all is said and done, there won't be any more seas or temple or sun...

Revelation 21:22 (KJV)
And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.​

But then some of it is different. I think maybe its the millenium one and the basis of the heavenly new Jerusalem.

I often wonder if the temple depicted in Ezekiel is the heavenly one. It seems to fit the dimensions revealed in book of Revelation. I'm just wondering who is going to build this, or will it just come down already prepared. I don't think we will build it? Need to do some more study on this.

Wonder no more. Here is your answer:

Revelation 21:2
Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Amen!

I don't care much for glorified bodies or heavenly mansions, all I want is JESUS! I would love to meet Him, talk to Him in person and follow Him, there is nothing I want more in this world.
I agree with you here Flavio. As long as I can be one with Jesus and the saints the rest is just a bonus to me. To me the prayer that Jesus prayed in John 17 is the most beautiful prayer I have ever read or heard.

Well the sea will be turned to fresh water.
The sun will shine all the time there will be no darkness.
There will be a centre holy city but I suppose no temple cos Jesus and our Heavenly Father will be there with us all the time in the new heaven and earth..no need for a king as such and ruling?
Everywhere will be completely holy and new.

I do hear a lot from people who just say that..I just want to be with Jesus I don't care bout anything or anyone else or even my surroundings. But God made this place just for us! Maybe its just me or that I've never lived in a mansion before and often see pollution and horrible things around me that I really look forward to Heaven where those things are not even there.

Well the sea will be turned to fresh water.
The sun will shine all the time there will be no darkness.
There will be a centre holy city but I suppose no temple cos Jesus and our Heavenly Father will be there with us all the time in the new heaven and earth..no need for a king as such and ruling?
Everywhere will be completely holy and new.
Umm... nope, that's not scriptural.

Revelation 21:23 (KJV)
And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb [is] the light thereof.​

Revelation 21:1 (KJV)
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.​

I do hear a lot from people who just say that..I just want to be with Jesus I don't care bout anything or anyone else or even my surroundings. But God made this place just for us! Maybe its just me or that I've never lived in a mansion before and often see pollution and horrible things around me that I really look forward to Heaven where those things are not even there.
It's not that I wouldn't enjoy all those things and that they wouldn't be great to have but in all honesty I don't think I would care in the slightest if only God and the saints were there.

I think it's kind of like what God did for Solomon....He told him to ask anything he wanted of Him and He would give it. Solomon asked for wisdom and God in return not only gave him wisdom but so much more as well. It is just in His nature to something like that.

Last edited:
Well, you are with the saints now. And you do have God now in that you abide in Him. But you don't have heaven.

Oh sorry mr picky. I imagine be light all the time like how it is when the sun shines all the time here in the day of course it will be the glory of God lighting everything. The colours going to be all brilliant. That is the new heaven and earth.

however the millenium will still be sun shining and days cos its 1000 years.
Also, Ezekiel does mention the river flowing from the spring in the middle of the temple turning the sea into fresh water. so...sorry if confused you.

Of course that is why John gave us the revelation he saw what it would be like. It is not just there is Jesus and ALL the saints there is so much more! Angels and seraphim and the tree of life...

Oh sorry mr picky. I imagine be light all the time like how it is when the sun shines all the time here in the day of course it will be the glory of God lighting everything. The colours going to be all brilliant. That is the new heaven and earth.

however the millenium will still be sun shining and days cos its 1000 years.
Also, Ezekiel does mention the river flowing from the spring in the middle of the temple turning the sea into fresh water. so...sorry if confused you.

Lanolin, are you referring to Ezekiel 47? That is the Millennial river.

Last edited:
Actually Lazarus wasnt even given any crumbs, reading the parable again.
Not a parable, Jesus is giving an actual account of a man named Lazarus and a rich man, read it again and compare it to parables told by Christ. This is not one.
The rich man is not named, as he ended up in hades - which ends him up in hell, so his name is not to be remembered.
Lazarus on the other hand, has his name in the book of life and is addressed accordingly.
This account gives us many a clue into what happens after earthly death.

Hmm ok I just call all the stories Jesus told parables...but if this was not one then you could be right as its unusual for Jesus to mention people by name in parables.

Reactions: Juk
Back