• H7965 - happy, friendly, well
  • H8002 - voluntary offering signifying peacefulness
  • H7999 - an agreement to mutual peace; a treaty
  • G1515 - quiet peace of prosperity
  • G2270 - rest
  • G4601 - keep silent
  • G4623 - inability to speak; dumb
  • G5392 - muzzle
Matthew 10:34 (NASB) "Do not think that I came to bring peace (G1515) on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword (lit. war)."

Matthew 5:9 (NASB) "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God."

Peacemaker:
ποιέω
poieō
poy-eh'-o
Apparently a prolonged form of an obsolete primary; to make or do (in a very wide application, more or less direct): - abide, + agree, appoint, X avenge, + band together, be, bear, + bewray, bring (forth), cast out, cause, commit, + content, continue, deal, + without any delay, (would) do (-ing), execute, exercise, fulfil, gain, give, have, hold, X journeying, keep, + lay wait, + lighten the ship, make, X mean, + none of these things move me, observe, ordain, perform, provide, + have purged, purpose, put, + raising up, X secure, shew, X shoot out, spend, take, tarry, + transgress the law, work, yield.

CONCLUSION

Peace is only the absence of war or work. Peace is not gained by doing nothing but is the result of doing something! Many these days, at Satan's hands, would say that to be peaceful or even be a Christian we should be unseen and unheard to be peacemakers. We must be liberal and tolerate everything in order to be a peacemaker. Accept everything and everyone, like Jesus did, and we are peacemakers.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, Jesus didn't accept everyone. He only accepted and even now accepts those who trust in the truth of His Salvation. We do not make peace by being quiet or tolerant. We make peace by declaring spiritual war on Hell and all who work for it.

I am not saying to literally go around shooting up the unbelief but when someone is speaking the lies of Hell we do not have to be quiet about it. Tell the truth and make Hell really uncomfortable with your presence. We do not have to be peaceful with Hell or its minions.

I think it would depend on what I wanted to achieve in speaking my mind.
If it was to correct someone then yes, in love I would hope it would have an effect if I thought the person was causing destruction or trouble.
I find it hard to confront people in love though, it’s really hard for me not to loose my temper... I love free speech and would hate to see people stifled that way. But I think it takes time to compose myself and the more I am able to commit to the Lord the more I will be given the opportunity to try to be honest and open, in Love

thanks Sam. Good post

I think it would depend on what I wanted to achieve in speaking my mind.
If it was to correct someone then yes, in love I would hope it would have an effect if I thought the person was causing destruction or trouble.
I find it hard to confront people in love though, it’s really hard for me not to loose my temper... I love free speech and would hate to see people stifled that way. But I think it takes time to compose myself and the more I am able to commit to the Lord the more I will be given the opportunity to try to be honest and open, in Love

thanks Sam. Good post
Sometimes you just have to call a snake a snake and it doesn't always come out "loving". Truth hurts or people wouldn't try to conceal it. Matthew 12:33 says, "Either assume the tree to be good as well as its fruit good, or assume the tree to be bad as well as its fruit bad; for the tree is known by its fruit. You offspring of vipers, how can you, being evil, express any good things? For the mouth speaks from that which fills the heart."

OUCH! LOL
Meek is not weak, Satan just wants you to think that.

Sometimes you just have to call a snake a snake and it doesn't always come out "loving". Truth hurts or people wouldn't try to conceal it. Matthew 12:33 says, "Either assume the tree to be good as well as its fruit good, or assume the tree to be bad as well as its fruit bad; for the tree is known by its fruit. You offspring of vipers, how can you, being evil, express any good things? For the mouth speaks from that which fills the heart."

OUCH! LOL

OUCH! LOL
Yes I agree.
I’ll remember that. Thanks

Back