Peace

Hello Choose Life;

I wish you were attending our church Bible studies. The teachers love to receive these kinds of questions regarding the Bible, dissecting a verse and how we apply it in our daily walk.

In Philippians 4:7 I'd like to add verses before and after what you are asking to help with the context.

Philippians 4:4-9, 4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 9 What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

The "peace that passes all understanding" (verse 7) is God's peace. This reassurance from God allows us to think more clearly when we are faced with the challenging circumstances that cross our paths.

When we can think more clearly, we still have the challenges that face us, but the peace allows us to put aside and rejoice and worship the Lord always. (verse 4.)

We can speak with understanding (verse 5) to everyone when we have that inner peace.

When we have "peace that passes all understanding" it allows us to be the man or woman of God by constantly uplifting and encouraging others (verse 8.)

Choose Life, the peace that passes all understanding is a lifelong discipline (verse 9.) But the more we pray and ask God to build us up in applying this, what is KEY is God sees our heart and will increase our peace because of our faith in Him.

Contrary to this, when we pray but walk away holding on to our anxiousness can hinder our peace to pass all understanding.

I hope this helps some, Choose Life.

God bless you, sister, and your continued personal walk with Christ.

There are two types of 'peace'.

1. Peace with God. (Rom 5:1)
Romans 5:1 (KJV) Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

2.Peace of God
Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV) Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

The first is true because of the redemption we all have in Christ.
The 2nd happens as we draw close to God.

There are two types of 'peace'.

1. Peace with God. (Rom 5:1)
Romans 5:1 (KJV) Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

2.Peace of God
Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV) Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

The first is true because of the redemption we all have in Christ.
The 2nd happens as we draw close to God.

Amen, crossnote;

The peace of redemption and the peace of God.

God bless you, brother.

Peace is that calming steadying we ALL have need of from time to time.
This world is hectic and frustrating on its own without the personal upheavals that any of us can face.

Some know of my own personal crisis recently bc I became so overwhelmed by the past and the grief of my family members passing that it became more than for myself and I couldn't grasp how to let go and let God. I did not have the peace of God. Not that I quit on him or anything like that, it just felt like I was suffocating under all I could not let go of. Being of a certain character, I have always been a caregiver, we can take on more than we can resolve at a time.

Thank you CN for your identification of the peace with God, which I agree we have always with us through the Spirit and the peace of God which we have to seek for specific events that cause us to be off kilter.

It is never wrong to admit you need help and it is never wrong to seek extra from the Lord, for it is what he has told us to do.
We cannot bankrupt heaven because we have needs to stay healthy in God !

Back