Pearls To Pigs

Dusty

Inactive
Pearls To Pigs

Why do you think Jesus said that ?

Matthew 7:6 "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

Wow!

Jesus uses really strong language here. At first, he seems to be
breaking the very command that he gave about being non-judgmental.

But instead, Jesus is reminding us that being non-judgmental does not mean we are undiscerning, wasteful, and silly. We are to recognize that there are some people so hardened to receiving the message that they will not listen; we are to quit wasting our time in trying to convince them. There comes a time when we have to brush the dust off of our feet and move on .

The bottom line, however, is that there comes a time when we realize that people will not hear the Gospel message. Their repeated determination not to hear and their unwillingness to respond don't mean we are to try harder, but simply to try elsewhere!

Being a nonjudgmental person does not mean we refuse to "see the handwriting on the wall" and keep wasting our efforts on those who refuse to hear. Like we say the words have fallen on deaf ears.

That is not to say that maybe down the line all is not lost but to say that the seed has been planted and we have done our part.

Jesus chose these words to help us understand that some things we just have to leave and move on .

Why do you think Jesus said that ?

Matthew 7:6 "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

Wow!

Jesus uses really strong language here. At first, he seems to be
breaking the very command that he gave about being non-judgmental.

But instead, Jesus is reminding us that being non-judgmental does not mean we are undiscerning, wasteful, and silly. We are to recognize that there are some people so hardened to receiving the message that they will not listen; we are to quit wasting our time in trying to convince them. There comes a time when we have to brush the dust off of our feet and move on .

The bottom line, however, is that there comes a time when we realize that people will not hear the Gospel message. Their repeated determination not to hear and their unwillingness to respond don't mean we are to try harder, but simply to try elsewhere!

Being a nonjudgmental person does not mean we refuse to "see the handwriting on the wall" and keep wasting our efforts on those who refuse to hear. Like we say the words have fallen on deaf ears.

That is not to say that maybe down the line all is not lost but to say that the seed has been planted and we have done our part.

Jesus chose these words to help us understand that some things we just have to leave and move on .

Excellent point. He also added the following which further states the same:

Matthew 15:14. Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

There comes a time when we are to just dust off the shoes and move on.

Mark 6:11. And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Remember, It is not our job to save. We are only to tell a dying world about a Living Saviour. It is God who saves and provide all increases.

1 Corinthians 3:6. I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

Romans 9:16. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Good Day and God Bless

Thanks illinijag .... I was looking for that verse .

Mark 6:11. And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Amen and amen . Sometimes we need to listen to the Holy Spirit who will tell us " Enough is enough " We have wasted enough time and our words are going in one ear and out the other.

Thanks illinijag .... I was looking for that verse .

Mark 6:11. And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city

Amen and amen . Sometimes we need to listen to the Holy Spirit who will tell us " Enough is enough " We have wasted enough time and our words are going in one ear and out the other.

You are welcome. This topic was apart of a recent conversation I had.

This is my fear:

As God's word go accros this great nation of ours, there is more "shaking dust from feet" than acceptance of His word. Those things which we once considered abominable are not only accepted today....they are glorified. Yet God's word speak clearly against such.

We may not be at the end, but there is much evidence the we are at the approach (the beginning of sorrows..Matthew 24:8).

Good Day and God Bless

You are welcome. This topic was apart of a recent conversation I had.

This is my fear:

As God's word go accros this great nation of ours, there is more "shaking dust from feet" than acceptance of His word. Those things which we once considered abominable are not only accepted today....they are glorified. Yet God's word speak clearly against such.

We may not be at the end, but there is much evidence the we are at the approach (the beginning of sorrows..Matthew 24:8).

Good Day and God Bless

This is so true but in another way we can rejoice because we know it won't be long before we see our Saviour as time is running out .

The unfortunate part is people are so decensitised ( sorry spelling ) and used to all and have accepted all the worldliness and it's offers that it is very hard to crack through the barriers . The most dishartening fact is that all of this is creeping into the church and holliness and godliness is not emphasised .

I as a senior have seen so much and even this morning , as I saw the way that some of the young people come dressed to church ( or should I say undressed ) it is shocking and I think where are their morals , decency and values.?

We are to sow good seed but only in the fields the Master directs. Even the Apostle Paul had to change his evangelistic plans and follow the Holy Spirit.

I think that when Jesus talked about not judging in Matt.7 he was not talking about the ability to make value judgements, for that is part of our critical faculty. Otherwise we would accept error as well as truth without using our critical faculties.

I am reminded of the verses in Prov. 9.8. Rebuke a wise man and he will love you and also 9.7-8. Whoeverf corrects a mocker invites insult...whoeve rebukes a wicked man incurs abuse.

Thus the reference to pearls before swine tells us that discretion is the better part of valour, and should someone not be willing to accept rebuke or correction, not only will they resist us but they may turn against us and abuse us.

This statement of Jesus does not however remove our obligation to rebuke a sinning brother or sister - we must first examine ourselves. A very sobering thought that we shall be judged with the same judgement (7.2)

Only Christ knows the wheat from the tares, the sheep from the goats. Many that seem highly unlikely will come into the Kingdom and many that seem a perfect fit simply do not know the Master.:)

Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 19:24
Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

This statement of Jesus does not however remove our obligation to rebuke a sinning brother or sister - we must first examine ourselves. A very sobering thought that we shall be judged with the same judgement (7.2)

Just before taking communion , one must examine themselves to see if there be anything that is not pleasing to the Lord.

Only Christ knows the wheat from the tares, the sheep from the goats. Many that seem highly unlikely will come into the Kingdom and many that seem a perfect fit simply do not know the Master.
Yes, I agree that we cannot tell by looking at another person who is going to heaven, but we can know that we are by Christs promise and the gift of faith.

Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

EXACTLY!!
Some people are going to hell, we know that we are saved by faith, so what can rob us of faith?
How can we do the will of God? How do we know if we are doing things that are pleasing to God?

Matthew 19:24
Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."[/
Ever noticed what a tremendous distraction wealth can be to the faith? The love of money? The things of the flesh? the desire for more?

These and other sins can lead us away from Christ, and away from the faith. Eventually our hearts can become so hardened we could not even recognize Christ anymore.

Just before taking communion , one must examine themselves to see if there be anything that is not pleasing to the Lord.
Amen.
Absolution is not possible without true repentance. :)

Amen Ride .... Thanks . And now just to take this a little further . I am thinking about how we as people put labels on others . For example .... Oh he or she is a minister ot teacher or nurse , well you know what I mean . What if God did that with us ? Think about it . What if God judged us by our outward appearance ? That if He judged us according to where we grew up or what we do for a living ? Or the mistakes we made when we were young . But He wouldn't do that would He?

So we should not judge others or we will be judged and we will be judged the same way that we judge others . Just think about that one .... Hmmm ..

That does not mean that we shouldn't discern cause that is entirely different . The amount of grace we give is the amount of grace we will get.

We need to look at things from another perspective . And I am thinking about the blind man . Jesus did not look at the man as being blind . He looked at him as an oportunity , to show the power of God .

OUr work for God is , accepting people just as they are and loving before judging and caring before condemming ... I want to be that kind of person . and it is not easy but with the grace of God we all can do it . Amen

I agree,
We spend too much time defining sin, categorizing sin, pointing out sin, playing like we are somehow the judge,
some faiths even attempt to play God and sell indulgences to forgive sins, or practice casuistry (determining which act of pennance will pay for what sin) and on and on.

We need to be about the business of "FORGIVING" sin, so that that which we loose on earth is loosed in heaven.
God has all of that judgment stuff worked out.
There is sno need for me to do His job for Him.

He told me to share His Word, to forgive sin and to serve Him above all else.
I have enough to do without fooling myself into believing that I can do His job too. :D

But forgiving sin does not mean we overlook sin, not at all.

loving before judging and caring before condemming
I like that, I really do.

I'm going to steal that and use it next Sunday. :D :D :D

Back