Perception

M

Mark_18

Perception

Always keep in mind how drastically perception differs from person to person and how drastically it changes even in the same person over time.

Think back about how many times "reality" has changed for you. Well that wasn't reality, that was perception. And your perception is STILL way off. Live by the truth God's word reveals.

When your perception changes- (Think about a perception change from when you were 12 to when you're 18) everything you know is different. Words mean different things. Your image of the world is changed in SO many ways. Know that right now you have a perception that is not like Gods. You still worry about things that don't matter. You still hold on to hard feelings. You still don't have complete faith that the things you need will come.

Reality is what matters, what will last, and what is drawn out by the truth God teaches us. The unseen. It will outlast all you can see and feel. Go for the treasures that God speaks good of. Nothing else will last.

Indeed- you can talk about a subject to four different people and they will take away four different meanings based on their own perceptions.

I found I've always been a big thinker. I think intelligently and like things to make sense. I dig really deep. Now I try to use the heart and my faith in God's word more, whether it makes perfect sense or not.

I've also thought that I was always poor in spirit. If I understand the meaning of that. Because I don't generally have much of a personality I just feel like an empty capsule needing to be filled by something. Willing to be formed by what is right. When I let God take over I feel my personality coming on, but I feel personality-less most of the time.

I think I lack personality because I'm always trying to find the perfect way to act. Just like how in video games I always have to find the perfect strategies. The perfect tactics - I evaluate my thoughts and actions so much that I'm never satisfied with them. So I often don't know what to say or do because it's never good enough.

It's to the point where I feel quite socially retarded sometimes.

Anyone care to talk further about this? I'd like to see some change in me. I think I need faith in who I'll be if I become more bold. I need to drop insecurities too. I'm way to "in body" sometimes. Self-aware and what not.

Dear Mark.

As you grow in the Lord and mature in the Word, God is going to use you my son. Do not be worried at this time. I can see great potential in you and I am most certain God does too. Just carry on as you are doing , getting into the Word filling yourself with His promises, just saturating all you can hold . He will give you the desires of your heart.

Don't be anxious about anything . We do not live in a perfect world and God does not expect you to be perfect. Trust in Him with all your heart and He will direct your paths.

I see a lot of humility in your thoughts and that is a wonderful characteristic. God is going to take the things that you feel inadiquate about and turn them around for His glory. You must be patient and wait upon Him. As you trust Him you will see how He will work and I have to put the quote here that you posted. That is what He doing for you and all of us. God go with you my son and do not be discouraged.
"Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on: you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of — throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were going to be made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself."

--C.S. Lewis

Some see giants , some see grapes. Give me a few people who can see the fruit of God's promise over the obstacles in the way and I will change the world.

"Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on: you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of — throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were going to be made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself."

--C.S. Lewis

Wow! That was quite nice, that quote. What that means to me, where I am now is that even if we don't think we are that special, God does and He goes about, during our trials and temptations, building what he wants us to look like, even if we don't see the big picture yet. He still has faith in us, that we will be conqerers. And he knows the rest of the story. :israel:

Back