Pernicious Ways....

We are to come out from among those who will not believe and will continue in their deceptive teaching for money and who will speak evil of “dignities” …..of the brothers who will come to preach the unveiled Word of God to them. The men who love to be first among their congregations (in the manner of Diotrephes) will expect us to follow after their pernicious ways. They will command it…teaching others to not have love for their brothers who will come in the Father's name…as they will prate against them with malicious words.

They will exercise their authority over the flock as the “man of sin” in every church shall rise up and oppose the Word (all that is called God= the Word was God) …..resisting what the Spirit says….and will sit in the temple showing himself as God as he will say that he will be doing these things in His “name”….that is, His authority.

3 John 1:9-11 KJV
(9) I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.

Diotrephes ( representing all men who want to be honored over God) will speak evil of dignities who will be sent to preach the good Word of God to them. They will oppose and exalt themselves over their congregations as they will forbid others to receive the brothers and what the Spirit says through them. The Lord will remember their deeds.

(10) Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.

Let us remember to have brotherly love and entertain “strangers”. Let us not follow after the pernicious ways of church leaders who love to be first but follow after that which is good.

“Diotrephes” means “nourished by Jupiter (Jupiter = “heavenly father”) . Those who love to be first will demand our honor and we will be expected to follow after their ways and teachings. They are “nourished” by us calling them by their flattering titles….but we have only One Father in heaven that we are to honor. Let us not honor man with his flattering titles over God who is to be glorified especially after we have received the full knowledge of the Truth. Let us not follow after their evil when these times shall come.

(11) Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

Let us not follow after their “wonderful works”…for they will think that they will be doing God “service” for speaking evil of us…. “killing” us with their tongues that they use as swords.

They will set themselves up in God’s authority for doing evil deeds. They will say that they will be doing these things in His name…..in His authority…and deceive many into following their evil, pernicious ways. They will cast out the “devils”....that is, the brothers (who they will call “devils”) who will be sent to them to preach His Word through the Spirit. The brothers and those who will receive them will be labeled as “evildoers” and be cast out of their assemblies. They will cast out any who will hear and receive them. They will work iniquity. They will show that they never knew the Father nor His Son by their words and deeds.

Matthew 7:21-23 KJV
(21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
(22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
(23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

These things He has told us ahead of time before they will come to pass so that we should not be tripped up by them. We should not think that the persecutions of those we leave behind a strange thing….for it was foretold that it should happen.

In His name...in His authority, they will cast out “devils”….so they think. They will put us (the so-called “devils”) out of their gatherings. Any who will “kill” us with their evil words will think that they are actually doing God “service” for doing so. They will think of them as “wonderful works” done in His name…in His authority. But this is not doing the will of God to have love for each other.

John 16:1-22 KJV

(1) These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
(2) They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

These things they will do unto us because they have not known the Father nor the Son and then He will profess unto them “I never knew you: depart from me you that work iniquity”.

(3) And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

This key statement in verse 4 is very significant for it reappears in 2 Thessalonians 2:5 when speaking of the man of sin. Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? This is all talking about the man of sin and his efforts in every church to cast out any who will receive the Word of Truth in this coming time.

(4) But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.
(5) But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?
(6) But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.

We are to follow Him OUT as He did "go away". Let us go away from those who will not believe. Let us no longer keep company with them. It is expedient that we follow after Him and “go away”. The Comforter shall come unto us if we do. The "Comforter"...the Spirit... shall comfort us with peace in the face of their persecutions.

(7) Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

We are to go out into the world and away from their churches. In the world, we shall have persecutions for those we leave behind shall persecute us.

John 16:32-33 KJV

(32) Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.
(33) These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-7 KJV

(3) Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
(4) Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
(5) Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
(6) And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

The time will come when they shall cast us out of their gatherings. We shall be taken out of the way and they will show that they do not know the Father nor the Son with their “wonderful works”.

(7) For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

We are to overcome and not sit in their company following after their pernicious ways that they will display and teach others to follow after. We are to lay aside all the evil speaking and HEAR what the Spirit is saying.

1 Peter 2:1-9 KJV
(1) Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
(2) As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

We are to taste of the good Word of God and know that He is gracious. Let us partake of the hidden manna….the Bread of Heaven. Let us depart from their company and go out into the world to be separate from them.

(3) If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

Let us go out unto the Living Stone and be built together upon Him….being built up as a spiritual house…

(4) To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
(5) Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
(6) Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

The Stone is precious to those who will believe. But the “builders” who will not believe will disallow the Stone. The Stone will be a “stone of stumbling” and a rock of offence unto them.

(7) Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
(8) And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
(9) But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

The “builders” will reject what they will hear. Except Jehovah build the “house”, they (the builders) labor in vain to build their church denominations.

Psalms 127:1 KJV

(1) A Song of degrees for Solomon. Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

We are not to be carried about with their “strange doctrines”.

Hebrews 13:9-16 KJV

(9) Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.
(10) We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.
(11) For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp.
(12) Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate

Instead, we are to go forth from among them unto Him without the camp bearing His reproach….for the disobedient that we will leave behind shall persecute us. We have no “continuing city” among them but we seek one to come. We shall be built into a city that can not be hid from this world.

(13) Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.
(14) For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.
(15) By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
(16) But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

In the meantime, we are to suffer for righteousness’ sake and to not be afraid of their “terror”.

1 Peter 3:13-17 KJV
(13) And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?
(14) But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

We are to be ready always to give an answer in meekness and fear to every man that will ask us a reason of the hope that is in us. They will ask why we leave their churches. Why the reason for the hope? We have a “lively hope” reserved in heaven for us who believe: His life is to appear in our mortal flesh without sin and decaying and we patiently await His appearing.

(15) But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

They will speak evil of us….as evildoers.

(16) Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
(17) For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

We are to go out into the world and wait for the Lord to build us into His spiritual building. Peter addressed his letter to the “strangers” scattered throughout the world. We are those people today….who have left our “churches” and are waiting for the Lord to build us up together into a ruling city.

1 Peter 1:1-9 KJV

(1) Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
(2) Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

According to His abundant mercy, He has caused us to be born again unto a lively HOPE by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead to an inheritance undecaying and undefiled and that will not fade away, reserved in heaven for us who are kept by the power of God through our faith unto salvation. What is it that is being said here? We hear the good news of the life of Jesus that is to appear in our mortal bodies. We have not seen it yet….but we have faith that His life shall appear in our mortal bodies in the here and now as we hear this good news in our ears. It is reserved in heaven (the air where words travel to our ears) for us…..that is, we hear the promise and have faith in our hearts to receive it eventually. It is “reserved” for us in our hearing. It will come…but have faith in it to arrive.

(3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
(4) To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

Until then, we are “kept” by the power of God through faith unto salvation that shall be revealed. We shall not perish from off the earth as the power of God shall keep us standing here.

(5) Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

We are to greatly rejoice that we shall not die off from the earth (perish) but have His life appear in our mortal flesh (“eternal life”…age-lasting life)…..to the glory of God for all the world to see… and we are to share in this glory. But now for a season if it is needed, our faith shall be tried by those who we leave behind in our “church”. They will think it strange that we will no longer run with them and speak and treat us as “evil doers”… “devils”.

(6) Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:

We shall be persecuted…but it will be well worth it when the appearing of Jesus Christ in our mortal flesh shall arrive. Our faith shall be tried by “fire” as those we leave behind shall speak evil of us and try our faith in what we have heard and believe in.

(7) That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

We have this hope: that His life shall appear in our mortal flesh for He has abolished death and has brought to light through the good news LIFE and an undecaying body. Though we have not see Him NOW in our mortal bodies, we BELIEVE that we shall receive the end of our faith….His appearing LIFE in our mortal flesh in the here and now. We receive the salvation of our “souls”…..for our souls shall suffer some distress from those who will persecute us for our believing in Him. Our “souls” are the thoughts and intents of the heart that shall be rewarded at the appearing of His life in our mortal flesh as we will be found unto praise and honor and glory in Him. But first we will be distressed by their persecutions.

(8) Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
(9) Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

They will distress our souls…..as the troubles of our hearts shall be enlarged. They shall hate us with “cruel hatred” and distress the thoughts of our hearts....our "souls".

Psalms 25:16-22 KJV

(16) Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
(17) The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
(18) Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
(19) Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
(20) O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

Even in the face of their persecutions we are to always remember to do good. Bless and do not curse those who will curse us. We are to wait on the Lord and He will deliver us out of our troubles.

(21) Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
(22) Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles.

We are to hear what the Spirit says and overcome. The manna was eaten in the wilderness. We also are to go out from among them into the “wilderness” so to speak. We shall be built upon the Stone in the world outside of our church. We are to go unto Him and be built up as lively stones into a spiritual house.

Revelation 2:17 KJV

(17) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

The “stone” that Jacob used as a pillow after he had fled from Esau...his brother who wanted to kill him….was named “Bethel”….the “house of God”. This new name is written in the Scriptures.

Genesis 28:16-22 KJV

(16) And Jacob awaked out of his sleep, and he said, Surely the LORD is in this place; and I knew it not.
(17) And he was afraid, and said, How dreadful is this place! this is none other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven.
(18) And Jacob rose up early in the morning, and took the stone that he had put for his pillows, and set it up for a pillar, and poured oil upon the top of it.
(19) And he called the name of that place Bethel: but the name of that city was called Luz at the first.
(20) And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,
(21) So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the LORD be my God:
(22) And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

We are to go from our “church” into the world where we shall be built into the house of God. All the families of the earth shall be blessed through us in the Lord. We shall receive the blessings of Abraham...the promises made to him.

Genesis 28:10-16 KJV
(10) And Jacob went out from Beersheba, and went toward Haran.
(11) And he lighted upon a certain place, and tarried there all night, because the sun was set; and he took of the stones of that place, and put them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep.
(12) And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.
(13) And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;
(14) And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be bles
(15) And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of.
(16) And Jacob awaked out of his sleep, and he said, Surely the LORD is in this place; and I knew it not.

Back