Peroxide

Dusty

Inactive
Peroxide

Checked on Snopes .

Peroxide is cheeper and more benificial than bleach.

Did you also know bleach was invented in the late 40's? It's chlorine, Folks! And it was used to kill our troops. Peroxide was invented during WWI in the 20's. It was used to save and help cleanse the needs of our troops and hospitals. Please think about this.

1. Take one cap full (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. No more canker sores, and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash.

2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of peroxide to keep them free of germs.

3. Clean your counters and table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.

4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour p eroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.

5. For fungus on feet spray a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry.

6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. .

7. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleac h or most other disinfectants will..

8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, plugged sinus. It will bubble and help to kill the bact eria. Hold for a few minutes, and then blow your nose into a tissue.

9 If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.

10. And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on you r wet hair after a shower and comb it through You will not have the peroxi de-burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, reddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually, so it's not a drastic change.

11. Put half of a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.

12. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing, pour it directly on the soiled s pot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.

13. You can use peroxide to clean mirrors. There is no smearing,

Over here it is used to bleach our hair...i would not dream of doing half of those things on your list...my teeth and toenails would desolve.:p

:D:D

I just post em .... I don't do em .... He he . I did check with snopes and they say they are legit.

snopes.com: Hydrogen Peroxide

I do remember in my early years of nursing ( like 40 years ago..... even before some of you were born :):) ) We used to use peroxide for the cleaning of wounds , cleaning tracheostomy tubes and other stuff and I remember its foaming action. It was also on the mouth care trays that we used to clean pts mouths . So go figure some of these old remedies need to come back .

I just post em .... I don't do em .... He he . I did check with snopes and they say they are legit.

I do remember in my early years of nursing ( like 40 years ago..... even before some of you were born :):) ) We used to use peroxide for the cleaning of wounds , cleaning tracheostomy tubes and other stuff and I remember its foaming action. It was also on the mouth care trays that we used to clean pts mouths . So go figure some of these old remedies need to come back .

I was here 40 years ago:)

the paroxide we use here is about 300 x the strength you use over there(only in hair products). You still use it to treat wounds...we gave up doing that about 20 odd years ago and just use fresh sterile water.:)

the paroxide we use here is about 300 x the strength you use over there(only in hair products). You still use it to treat wounds...we gave up doing that about 20 odd years ago and just use fresh sterile water.:)

Good point. What strength Peroxide is being used for the things in the list above.

If the strength of peroxide varies as techic says and in the UK is indeed 300 x stronger than it is important to be sure that the strength is correct.

Good point. What strength Peroxide is being used for the things in the list above.

If the strength of peroxide varies as techic says and in the UK is indeed 300 x stronger than it is important to be sure that the strength is correct.

I might have exaggerated the 300x.:D..but I do know (seen this list before and had the same conversation lol) that it is very strong...we cannot even use it on our eye browse as it singes the hair of.:)

:D

Dusty, not only is peroxide a great cleaning and disinfecting agent, but if combined in a proper ratio with three other components, it makes a really great rocket fuel.

The History of Hydrogen Peroxide Propulsion :: Peroxide Propulsion

If anyone uses Listerine and peroxide to clean their dentures, do not light up a cigarette immediately afterwords... it could ruin your entire day. :eek:

Dusty, not only is peroxide a great cleaning and disinfecting agent, but if combined in a proper ratio with three other components, it makes a really great rocket fuel.

If anyone uses Listerine and peroxide to clean their dentures, do not light up a cigarette immediately afterwords... it could ruin your entire day. :eek:

dog_rotf.gif

:D:D:D Oh ...P. G. Says laughing ..... Good job I don't smoke .... LOL:D:funnypost::funnypost:

I think I will just stick to my pumpkin pie recipe . He he

My hubby and I gargle (or is it gurgle? I'm so bad with words, lol!) with hydrogen peroxide instead of using Listerine. It's much cheaper, and we will always have some around in the event of having to treat a cut or the likes.

My parents are still quite stubborn and are sticking to their Listerine though. Dad claims that peroxide is too nasty tasting for him. I'm hoping he didn't try to swallow it! Yikes!

I remember mom getting down the bottle of mecuricrome from the medicine chest when I hurt myself.

That stuff felt like gasoline and usually hurt worse than the injury itself.
Peroxide was a great invention.

I remember that too ... I guess we'er both from the same age .
Dusty, did you have a "Bananna Seat" on your three speed bicycle too? :)
And an Evel Knievel stunt cycle?

Oh, here's a give away, do you have the round scar on the back of your left sholder? (That's how I can usually spot people around my age.) :cool:

Dusty, did you have a "Bananna Seat" on your three speed bicycle too? :)
And an Evel Knievel stunt cycle?

Oh, here's a give away, do you have the round scar on the back of your left sholder? (That's how I can usually spot people around my age.) :cool:

Nah .... I had an ordinary seat but I do remember the banana seat . Was never a risk taker .:(

Hey I have my scar some where else so there , so you wouldn't be able to see it ..... He he :p:p:p

Hey I have my scar some where else so there , so you wouldn't be able to see it ..... He he :p:p:p
Did they make you folks in Canada get the TB shots?

That's what I was talking about, they used to give them here in schools and they left a large nasty scar on the people they gave them to.

I don't remember how long they did that here, 60's, maybe into the early 70's, but those of us who fell into that age group all have the same "Mark" :(

Oh , no I am not talking about TB.... I am talking about the smallpox vacination. I never had any shot for T. B.

Hey, Schultz! I thought the TB thing was a drink. Or, what am I thinking of. I have "the Mark." It's on my left arm. Oh, wasn't the drink for Polio? But, I don't think any of you are that old. I had Polio when I was about 5 yrs. old. My twin sister died of it. I remember other kids taking the drink, called Sabin. Salk was the shot. It came out in 1955, the same year we got Polio. They still don't have an innoculation for TB do they?

I thought the TB thing was a drink. Or, what am I thinking of. I have "the Mark." It's on my left arm.
I'm not sure now. :confused:

I'll have to do some checking.
I thought it was TB. My understanding is that it was irradicated and they don't have to give the shot anymore, but I could be wrong.

.............Is there a doctor in the house???? :D

It was smallpox.

(When in doubt, ask the wife.) :D

Polio was on the sugar cube.
(Actually, polio was in the public swimming pools, the polio vaccine was on the sugar cube.)

I do do em. Especially the mouth rinse, full strength 3% for 3 minutes to make my teeth alot whiter n breath fresh.
Peroxide is da bomb!! It is safer than bleach. We even use peroxide up to 30% to sanitize our tablet presses at werk, yes I make vitamins and medical food for a livin
Metagenics - Genetic Potential Through Nutrition

yes we need to keep our equipment very clean since you guys are eatin out vitamins Hehehehe:cool:
I vouch for peroxide:israel::D

Back