Persistence : Do we need to bug God?

Interesting take. A key is that the judge does not regard God or man. He is not interested in justice, only that he not be hassled. I think the first and last verses contain the purpose for the parable.
First, Jesus is encouraging all to pray often and have confidence in God. The last, He indicates God is faithful to see to justice, but will those actions by God on our behalf translate into any real faith? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe, i.e. have confidence in God.
The "what have you done for me lately" believers are too easily swayed by life's ups and downs.
Build your house on the Rock and stand on the promises.

Yes, the judge was not just. The women did not come many times as some think and some translations read.

"lest by her continually coming."

Lest means if I don't do this, then that will happen. It did not mean she kept coming to bug the judge,

The first time she came, she came bodly that is shook the unjust judge. She got everyones attention and He went to His chambe and said, "If I don't give this women what she wants, she will not stop."

Jesus then said.................. Those that cry to God day and night...... "continue to bug God, because they think God did not hear, or cares"

God will deliver them, though I have seen unbelief end in tradegy.

The women came in faith. Was no way she was not going to get what she wanted. She came strong, convinced that if she made it clear enough the unjust judge would respond. She did not come begging, she came demanding that even the unjust Judge did not want to see her again.

Jesus said will he find faith on earth?

Faith is not praying over and over again for the same thing so that God has to bare with us. God can hear perfectly the first time.

What we lack is faith and patience.

All prayer is directed toward God, and it is directed by God.

Pro 16:1 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.

Remember Jesus said...

Mat 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Mat 6:8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

How can God the Father know what we have need before we ask him? Because he is the one telling us what to ask for! If we ask for things not according to God's will, we will never get them. In other words we have to first know what the will of God is before we ask for it. How can anyone ask in faith if they are not to sure if God wants them to have it? You can't.

I want to know what the Lord has given me from the beginning so I can ask for them! Maybe, we need to ask the Lord to show us once again those things that he has prepared for us so we can ask for them.

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

2Pe 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Every thing the Lord God has already given us from the beginning, he wrapped up in a form of a "promise" This promise can only be fulfilled by the one who promised it, which means you have to go to him to ask, and receive them.
These things do not automatically come to us unless we ask for them. We have not because we ask not.....

All prayer is directed toward God, and it is directed by God.

Pro 16:1 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.

Remember Jesus said...

Mat 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Mat 6:8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

How can God the Father know what we have need before we ask him? Because he is the one telling us what to ask for! If we ask for things not according to God's will, we will never get them. In other words we have to first know what the will of God is before we ask for it. How can anyone ask in faith if they are not to sure if God wants them to have it? You can't.

I want to know what the Lord has given me from the beginning so I can ask for them! Maybe, we need to ask the Lord to show us once again those things that he has prepared for us so we can ask for them.

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

2Pe 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Every thing the Lord God has already given us from the beginning, he wrapped up in a form of a "promise" This promise can only be fulfilled by the one who promised it, which means you have to go to him to ask, and receive them.
These things do not automatically come to us unless we ask for them. We have not because we ask not.....

Where there is a concept. You have to know God's will before asking.

Guess all my if it be thy will Oh Lord who can do everything, prayers I have been praying over and over since I don't see instant results have to stop.

Healing: If It be thy will, You could heal me God.

Now the thought is if we sound pathetic enough, and pityful, then the Lord will "FEEL SORRY" for us and heal us. After all, we prayed the Prayer Jesus prayed in the Garden.

"Father, you can do all things, if it be thy will, take this cup from me."

Couple issues praying this way. One, Jesus was not having a healing meeting in the Garden.

TWO: Jesus was not confused on the will of the Lord when He said that.

A be thy will prayer for Healing???

WE actually have an example of one. Funny how believers use the wrong scriptures for the wrong situations. I guess we are just silly that way.

Check it out.

Luk 5:12 kjva And it came to pass, when he was in a certain city, behold a man full of leprosy: who seeing Jesus fell on his face, and besought him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.

Here is the request to the Lord.

Lord, if thou will, You can do all things. If only it be thy will, you can heal me.

A whole lot of praying sounds just like the guy with Leprosy.

Jesus, who only spoke what he heard his Father say, only did the perfect will of God said...................

He said...................

Luk 5:13
"Now, Now. It's not always God's will to heal. We have to take into account God's divine will here, and You know you must suffer for me, and build character. Besides, You just never know what God is going to do. God is mysterious in all his ways."

This is what is preached and what many believe Jesus should have said. How did Jesus mess this up?

We know Jesus did not say that though, don't we.

I found it interesting that in Every Single one of Paul's epistles - he NEVER refers to healing as something Man can wield at will... It's always referred to as "Unmerited presents of Healings" - 1st Corinthians 12:9 serves as a characteristic example: "χαρίσματα ἰαμάτων" - Literally, the unmerited present of being Healed (NOT the power to induce healings.)

What the passage literally translates in 1st Corinthians 12:9 - to a different one faith by the same Spirit, to another (like the one who receives faith) - they receive an unmerited gift of being healed....

The idea is that just as God grants to one the Faith - by the SAME spirit, God grants another one the unmerited gift of being healed.

When you look at real life - this is what we experience. God grants the unmerited present of being healed to one person - just like God grants Faith to another so that ALL should rejoice together....

There is no logical inference that follows that the one who RECEIVES the faith ALSO receives the healing as well.... In fact, as he develops his argument - Paul declares it's the opposite... God grants out a set of "Things" to one - and a different set of "Things" to another - all through the same spirit... No one gets nothing... No one gets everything.... Thus - like the body - we all must work together.

Thanks

Where there is a concept. You have to know God's will before asking.

Guess all my if it be thy will Oh Lord who can do everything, prayers I have been praying over and over since I don't see instant results have to stop.

Healing: If It be thy will, You could heal me God.

Now the thought is if we sound pathetic enough, and pityful, then the Lord will "FEEL SORRY" for us and heal us. After all, we prayed the Prayer Jesus prayed in the Garden.

"Father, you can do all things, if it be thy will, take this cup from me."

Couple issues praying this way. One, Jesus was not having a healing meeting in the Garden.

TWO: Jesus was not confused on the will of the Lord when He said that.

A be thy will prayer for Healing???

WE actually have an example of one. Funny how believers use the wrong scriptures for the wrong situations. I guess we are just silly that way.

Check it out.

Luk 5:12 kjva And it came to pass, when he was in a certain city, behold a man full of leprosy: who seeing Jesus fell on his face, and besought him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.

Here is the request to the Lord.

Lord, if thou will, You can do all things. If only it be thy will, you can heal me.

A whole lot of praying sounds just like the guy with Leprosy.

Jesus, who only spoke what he heard his Father say, only did the perfect will of God said...................

He said...................

Luk 5:13
"Now, Now. It's not always God's will to heal. We have to take into account God's divine will here, and You know you must suffer for me, and build character. Besides, You just never know what God is going to do. God is mysterious in all his ways."

This is what is preached and what many believe Jesus should have said. How did Jesus mess this up?

We know Jesus did not say that though, don't we.

I believe that we should be aware of the fact that Jesus had two natures within himself, just as we have two natures with us. A human nature, and a divine nature. When Jesus said "I thirst" he was speaking from his human nature, as his divine nature did not need to drink anything to stay alive.
When Jesus said, "My Father and I are one" Jesus was speaking from his divine nature. I believe in the garden when Jesus prayed, "If it be they will let this cup pass from me..." Jesus was speaking from his human nature. The divine nature of God within Jesus knew exactly what the will of God was for his life. God's purpose for sending Christ was to pay for man's sin, and that through death he would destroy the works of the Devil. Jesus in his humanity and human nature was not exactly jumping up and down for joy in what was about to happen to him.

- Literally, the unmerited present of being Healed (NOT the power to induce healings.)

What the passage literally translates in 1st Corinthians 12:9 - to a different one faith by the same Spirit, to another (like the one who receives faith) - they receive an unmerited gift of being healed....

The idea is that just as God grants to one the Faith - by the SAME spirit, God grants another one the unmerited gift of being healed.

Thanks

You need to go back and re-read that whole passage again.

When we come together, in a chruch like setting. The Holy Spirit distributes gifts as He wills.

Everyone is at church, we are all together, the Holy Spirit has gifts to prophit every man. IN CHRUCH!!! A MINISTERY SETTING.

There are 9 gifts, 1 to edify self.

Teaching of the gifts of the Holy Spirit should be like class 101 for the new believer. I get concerned about what God's people are not hearing out there.

I believe that we should be aware of the fact that Jesus had two natures within himself, just as we have two natures with us. A human nature, and a divine nature. When Jesus said "I thirst" he was speaking from his human nature, as his divine nature did not need to drink anything to stay alive.
When Jesus said, "My Father and I are one" Jesus was speaking from his divine nature. I believe in the garden when Jesus prayed, "If it be they will let this cup pass from me..." Jesus was speaking from his human nature. The divine nature of God within Jesus knew exactly what the will of God was for his life. God's purpose for sending Christ was to pay for man's sin, and that through death he would destroy the works of the Devil. Jesus in his humanity and human nature was not exactly jumping up and down for joy in what was about to happen to him.

I missed this one.........

I have thought about Jesus having two natures.............. of course there is flesh and spirit, the two don't always agree as the spirit is always willing, but the flesh is weak. Jesus own words when He was experiencing it.

So, he seemed to be aware of the flesh issue.

What was he asking God though?

All things are possible to you............. Why would he say that?

The revelation of the Word being eternal, unchangable, the same as God as the Word. The Word is always truth, calling those things that be not as though they were.

Had God granted him that request, then a whole lot of what is eternal would have to change and still be true.

Why else would Jesus say, all things are possible to you?

I believe Jesus was asking to reverse time and change events that led him to where He was in the Garden. He knew His Father could do that.

Anyway.

Back