Personal Relationship With The Lord

I agree with you, Calvin, and I do appreciate your explanation. I didn't find it confusing at all. I suppose the intent of my post - which we both know is sometimes hard to accurately convey ;) - was to refute the teaching that some have peddled that once a person is "saved" there is no more sin to be forgiven. I believe there is biblical evidence to the contrary, hence the prayer taught by Jesus, affectionately known as "The Lord's Prayer."

I had wrestled with this for a bit until the Spirit brought that verse to my mind. Settles it for me, but I know some will believe what they want to believe, hear what they want to hear, and read what they want to read (into a wrong interpretation).

I praise God for this site as it has taught me a thing or two about myself, some good and some bad... :blush: lol!
But onward I press, with His grace, for the prize that was set before me!
There are many things I'm sure I will always get wrong or not understand properly. However, throughout the new testament I find it very evident that we have to consantly ask for forgiveness.

Agreed! He sent the Comforter, The Holy Spirit of God, when He ascended into Heaven. That's how much the Father knew we would be tempted as we "work out our salvation with fear and trembling" Phil 2:12 .

Question:
IF Christians don't sin after accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, why did Jesus teach the disciples this prayer: Matt 6:9-13 ?

I do not know my dear as I am on your side in this conversation.

I do not know my dear as I am on your side in this conversation.
It was meant as a rhetorical post. I am sorry, Major. I realize it was unclear. My intent was to "play devil's advocate" as it has actually been something I was recently shown to refute those who try to peddle the lie that Christians don't or can't sin. Again, I'm sorry. :)

Blessings to you!

Well, now. This has been a roller coaster of a thread. Thank you, Dario, for keeping a level head and being gracious. I could do a bunch of deletions and slap some wrists, but I think I'll leave it as it is. Although as the OP, Dario, if you wish for me to take some kind of action, I will accommodate your wishes with prejudice toward none.

I will be actively moderating this thread from this point on, editing it as seems necessary. Let's stop taking offense at one another. In drag racing terms, such interactions are like spinning your tires at the launch. There's a lot of smoke and fire and noise, but you lose the race to the guy in the next lane who applied clutch and throttle more judiciously. Even if someone is rude or obnoxious, it doesn't excuse you from being obnoxious in return. Every insult, real or perceived, does not require an answer. Sometimes the best way to preserve your dignity is simply not to acknowledge an insult. It may also be helpful to review the rules (link at the bottom of the page). If someone else violates the rules, either in letter or in spirit, that doesn't mean the rules are suspended when you reply in kind. Well, that's all the lecturing I'm going to do. Don't concern yourself about whether this applies to anyone else, concern yourself only about whether this is something you, yourself need to take to heart.

So, everybody stand up and stretch, take a little walk around, maybe get some coffee, and come back with a renewed focus on making your words count for the Kingdom of God.

Well, now. This has been a roller coaster of a thread. Thank you, Dario, for keeping a level head and being gracious. I could do a bunch of deletions and slap some wrists, but I think I'll leave it as it is. Although as the OP, Dario, if you wish for me to take some kind of action, I will accommodate your wishes with prejudice toward none.

I will be actively moderating this thread from this point on, editing it as seems necessary. Let's stop taking offense at one another. In drag racing terms, such interactions are like spinning your tires at the launch. There's a lot of smoke and fire and noise, but you lose the race to the guy in the next lane who applied clutch and throttle more judiciously. Even if someone is rude or obnoxious, it doesn't excuse you from being obnoxious in return. Every insult, real or perceived, does not require an answer. Sometimes the best way to preserve your dignity is simply not to acknowledge an insult. It may also be helpful to review the rules (link at the bottom of the page). If someone else violates the rules, either in letter or in spirit, that doesn't mean the rules are suspended when you reply in kind. Well, that's all the lecturing I'm going to do. Don't concern yourself about whether this applies to anyone else, concern yourself only about whether this is something you, yourself need to take to heart.

So, everybody stand up and stretch, take a little walk around, maybe get some coffee, and come back with a renewed focus on making your words count for the Kingdom of God.

Thanks and God bless!

There are many things I'm sure I will always get wrong or not understand properly. However, throughout the new testament I find it very evident that we have to consantly ask for forgiveness.

Me either, my friend. I agree, because this side of heaven, we are not yet perfected and we live in these finite, temporary quarters with all the limitations it provides. I am convinced that until I am in His presence, I will not stop needing His forgiveness, neither will I understand the depths of His love for people, and of course, by extension, me, and the "whys" behind what He does. But onward we press towards the purpose and prize to which we have been called by the Lord Jesus!

After discussion and sleeping on it, I did some deletions after all. The primary focus of the deletions was to keep the thread to its original intent and were not intended to be punitive in any way. Just a heads up. I'm fading back into the shadows now.

After discussion and sleeping on it, I did some deletions after all. The primary focus of the deletions was to keep the thread to its original intent and were not intended to be punitive in any way. Just a heads up. I'm fading back into the shadows now.
Like batman. >_>

You know why I don't claim to have this relationship yet, and the vss for those thoughts.

The verse that appeals to me most, for this context, and I look forward to, is the heart of stone made softer to a heart of stone?

You know why I don't claim to have this relationship yet, and the vss for those thoughts.

The verse that appeals to me most, for this context, and I look forward to, is the heart of stone made softer to a heart of stone?

Yes I am aware of what you believe on that note, I would actually really like to discuss that at some point. I'll be willing to hear as long as you are willing to hear me out on why I believe I believe and we can leave it at that. The verse you are mentioning is >
Ezekiel 11:19

19 And I will give them one heart, and put a new spirit within them. And I will take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh,

Dario I'm game to discuss and be criticized as long as I'm guilty of what I'm criticized of. I'm told I'm wrong all the time by others. Never have these problems. :) I've got about 12 years invested in the study that changed me from SBC views to where I am now. You don't have to believe like I do. That's between you and God. But, I would expect you to try to understand my view, as I will try to do with yours.

Is that fair? We can make that a thread too.

Dario I'm game to discuss and be criticized as long as I'm guilty of what I'm criticized of. I'm told I'm wrong all the time by others. Never have these problems. :) I've got about 12 years invested in the study that changed me from SBC views to where I am now. You don't have to believe like I do. That's between you and God. But, I would expect you to try to understand my view, as I will try to do with yours.

Is that fair? We can make that a thread too.
Absolutely! :)

Back