pig meat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

pig meat?

is pig meat forbidden for christians? look at these verses:
[Leviticus 11:7-8] [Deuteronomy 14:8] and a small bit, I think, in Isaiah chapter 65 verse 2-5

God created our bodies and He knows what is good for them and what makes them sick.

Leviticus 11 lists clean animals and those that are SCAVENGERS. We are not to eat scavengers because they FEED on disease. Pigs do not have sweat glands and can not get rid of the toxins that they ingest. Sea creatures such as lobster, crab and shrimp are bottom feeders... what's on the bottom? Toxins.

Our bodies HAVE NOT CHANGED since God created them. What was bad for us when the health laws were issued are STILL bad for us these days.

Some denominations use 1 Timothy 4:4 to justify the eating of scavengers. HOWEVER, the SUBJECT of that chapter is contained in 1 Timothy 4:3...

4:3 "Forbidding to marry, [and commanding] to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth."

God did NOT create scavengers to be received and His orders are set forth in Leviticus 11. Other persons feel that the health laws were vacated by Christ. Did His death on the cross miraculously change our bodies to tollerate scavenger meat and toxins? Not on your life!

Look at Christ's own words in Matthew 5:17-19 (KJV). "17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

NOTHING has changed regarding the law. The only laws that were nailed to the Cross with Christ were the ritual blood sacrifice laws. We are still bound by the 10 Commandments and we are still bound by the statutes, ordinances and laws of Moses. Some denominations have led their followers astray by agenda, but the Word of God is clear regarding law versus grace. If all the old laws were made null and void with Christ's death on the Cross, murder, rape, incest, and a host of other Old Testament Laws would be disregarded these days by everyone and the planet would be in chaos.

Test yourself. Abstain from all that UNCLEAN animal flesh as listed in Leviticus 11 for 6 months. Then go back to your previous menu. I guarantee you that you will feel like a train wreck in-progress as soon as you adopt your old eating habits.

Just as Pastor Gary posted, the not eating of swine (pork) along with shellfish is a health issue. I will not go into what these scavengers survive on, but I'm sure everyone is aware. The Bible is the best health book you will find anywhere. Eating pork (I believe) will not send you to hell, but it may cut your life short.

We are no longer under the law but under grace. We can eat whatever we want to eat--except other humans, but I don't see that forbidden in scripture either.:D

After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. "Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him 'unclean'? For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.") - Mark 7:17-19

John, that ain't exactly what's mentioned in all of Mark 7. Ya gotta take the entire Chapter as an entire teaching, not just a couple of verses out of context.

In the previous verses, Christ is sayin' that man puts his OWN traditions in front of God's laws and orders. And THAT means that none of the laws are changed, it's just that man has a mind of his own and changes them laws to suit MAN and disregards God orders. That's the point of the whole chapter, about inner purity, not actual food. He only used the food comparison in that chapter as a PARABLE, not literal. Read the whole chapter and you'll see what he was gettin' at. A couple Bible translations and denominations used that to justify eatin' everything; incorrectly, because the subject of the chapter is ignored and that one verse is all that is taught. That ain't the way God's Word is supposed to be studied.

I found this here set of explainations back some time ago and had it bookmarked. I know a couple other folks here in the forum use this here site for solid scriptural information. It's a good site for keepin' yer head screwed on straight.

http://www.biblestudygames.com/biblestudies/healthyfood.htm

http://www.biblestudygames.com/biblegames/trivia/print/quiz11healthy.htm

Read Acts 15:1-19. Maybe I'm reading the chapter out of context again. I believe that we are no longer under the Law but under grace.

read jesus,he tells you that all is good to eat,now the pig farmers in those days ,perfect example of selfish humans.evil makes things up in the OT,jesus corrects a lot of lies,read jesus.:jesus-sign:

Let's see....Cheetos, Snickers, Mountain Dew, Ramen Noodles. Yup, Chocolate is definitely in there.

Cheescake is very important, and I do love it.
Regarding the eating of pork. I am also guilty, guilty of putting something in my body (pork) that is not good for it, but I have cut way down on pork consuption. This is a topic that can be debated until the "cows come home" (ok, the hogs come home, lol), but nowhere in the Bible did Jesus say we could eat any kind of unclean animal (interpretation). Jesus did not come to get rid of the law, but to fulfill it. The law are lessons for us to live our lives by, why would someone who loves us say now that I have given myself for youe sins you are now free to live your lives any way you please and anything goes. Sacrifice of animals was done away with because HE was the final sacrifice and the shhedding of His blood can never be covered. I'm getting of track here, eat pork if you (we) will, but Jesus never said it was ok. http://minuteswithmessiah.tripod.com/question/pork2.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back