Pig

Pig

Has anyone else read "The Politaclly Incorrect Guide to The Bible"?

It's a dynamite book! This is on my gift giving list for this year.

It's a simple no holds barred, no prejudgement discetion of the Bible by a secular publishing house.

book134_pigbible.jpg
buynow92an.gif

The Politically Incorrect Guide™ to the Bible
[SIZE=-2][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]by Robert J. Hutchinson[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
Regnery Publishing, Inc.; ISBN: 1596985208
Paperback - 262 pages (October 2007)

In the beginning, the Bible was regarded as the “Good Book,” but today it is under relentless attack from left wing audiences, novelists, and screenwriters to justify their own political agendas. But fear not: award-winning religious journalist Robert J. Hutchinson refutes the mockers, skeptics, and deniers in his new book, The Politically Incorrect Guide™ to the Bible.

Using historical evidence and thorough analysis, Hutchinson not only proves the Bible to be true (and the liberal Left wrong), but also takes the truth one step further—showing how the Bible built and shaped Western civilization. The Bible is the source for the Western ideas of justice, science, and democracy, Hutchinson argues, and without it, Western civilization would not exist. In this book you will find:
  • <LI class=style4>Recent archaeological discoveries confirm the historical accuracy of many Bible stories <LI class=style4>The Bible made modern science possible (which is why it started in the Middle Ages) <LI class=style4>Biblical laws paved the way for democracy and limited government <LI class=style4>The Bible promotes human freedom
  • The enemies of the Bible are enemies of true reason and tolerance
Atheists and secularists say the Bible is not relevant to the modern age, but Hutchinson silences them once and for all with this hard-hitting new “P.I.G”—proving the Bible to be a unique and spiritual book, a historical and universal text, and anything but irrelevant to our lives and Western civilization today.

This is on my gift giving list for this year.

I don't really like to see the Word of God used in this manner.
That is to say, as a tool in a culture war, as opposed to Christian apologetics.

I haven't read this book, nor have I heard of it before, but the advertizement strikes me more as a money maker and fuel for a fire that I would like to see extinguished than as a Christian exposition of the faith.

I am not trying to imply that we should not battle against falsehood, and much of the secular views of society, but it is one thing to shoot a wolf, and it is another to poke a stick at it in order to turn a profit by making it angry.

Have you read this book KitsapGirl? Maybe I am just getting entirely the wrong impression from the Ad.
As I said, I havent read it, so I don't want to prejudge it. :confused:

I don't really like to see the Word of God used in this manner.
That is to say, as a tool in a culture war, as opposed to Christian apologetics.

I haven't read this book, nor have I heard of it before, but the advertizement strikes me more as a money maker and fuel for a fire that I would like to see extinguished than as a Christian exposition of the faith.

I am not trying to imply that we should not battle against falsehood, and much of the secular views of society, but it is one thing to shoot a wolf, and it is another to poke a stick at it in order to turn a profit by making it angry.

Have you read this book KitsapGirl? Maybe I am just getting entirely the wrong impression from the Ad.
As I said, I havent read it, so I don't want to prejudge it. :confused:

I have read it cover to cover...no skimming. You are getting the wrong impression...

This book defends the Bible and exposes the lies that our society promotes regarding Christianity, The Bible, Jesus, Creation, The Church etc. Even better it shows throughout history what Christianity has given to mankind, and that athiest arguements are nothing new...not even newly packaged.

I found it very reader friendly with plenty of suggested resource materials, and footnotes on where the information came from.

You spelt "Politically" wrong! :D:p

Isn’t it politically incorrect to correct someone’s incorrect spelling of politically?
Ok… let’s try that one three times fast. :D

But about the book, it does sound very interesting.
Sounds like it goes into more detail than The Case For Christ

I have a few books, like this. I enjy them because it gives me ideas for answers. I always feel I lack good reponses. Not so much out of not knowing the bible, but knowing what other people are saying. Since we are busy, its nice that peeople bring everything together for us.

I was having an intersting conversation the other day...might do a seperate post.
thanks again.

Back