Pilgrim's Progress

Have you ever read "Pilgrims Progress", it's really long and hard to read because it's written in olde English, so I set out to write a shorter version about a journey of faith, hope you enjoy.

I searched everywhere for Love but she was no where to be found.

Wandering down many dark and rocky paths but none seemed to lead to her.

Afraid of the dark, I tried to light my own lamp but none of my matches would spark.

I tried every key in every locked door but none would reveal the secrets of Love's heart.

Did I lose Hope?

No, I never let her out of my sight, she was my friend and guide in the wilderness.

Did I lose Faith?

Faith walked before me in the darkness, holding a light so I would not stumble.

Did I lose Courage?

Courage was my companion who fought beside me against the beasts of the night.

Did I find the key?

The truth is, I didn't need a key, only Wisdom to know the right door.

In hindsight, I can see very clearly; Wisdom showed me the door that would open with just a knock, Courage was always with me, Faith lit the path before me, Hope comforted me in the wilderness.

The whole time I thought, I was lost and alone. The truth is, I was never alone and turns out, I was on exactly the right path that I needed to be on to find the door, that held the secrets of Love's heart. I did not need a key, only a knock and God answered for he is Love. If you find God, you have peace, for he will give you all the desires of your heart, for he is faithful and true.

Matthew 7:

7Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Have you ever read "Pilgrims Progress", it's really long and hard to read because it's written in olde English, so I set out to write a shorter version about a journey of faith, hope you enjoy.

I searched everywhere for Love but she was no where to be found.

Wandering down many dark and rocky paths but none seemed to lead to her.

Afraid of the dark, I tried to light my own lamp but none of my matches would spark.

I tried every key in every locked door but none would reveal the secrets of Love's heart.

Did I lose Hope?

No, I never let her out of my sight, she was my friend and guide in the wilderness.

Did I lose Faith?

Faith walked before me in the darkness, holding a light so I would not stumble.

Did I lose Courage?

Courage was my companion who fought beside me against the beasts of the night.

Did I find the key?

The truth is, I didn't need a key, only Wisdom to know the right door.

In hindsight, I can see very clearly; Wisdom showed me the door that would open with just a knock, Courage was always with me, Faith lit the path before me, Hope comforted me in the wilderness.

The whole time I thought, I was lost and alone. The truth is, I was never alone and turns out, I was on exactly the right path that I needed to be on to find the door, that held the secrets of Love's heart. I did not need a key, only a knock and God answered for he is Love. If you find God, you have peace, for he will give you all the desires of your heart, for he is faithful and true.

Matthew 7:

7Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Hi adonaicole,

I like what you have written. It is so eerily similar in terms of idea to a poem I wrote some time ago that I would like to share it but do not want to be thought of as "stealing another's thunder" as it were. I have long held the motto that Poetry is for sharing, not comparing. In that vein I hope you do not mind if I put mine up here (but on another thread) as another angle on the same themes. It would be interesting to see how the Lord uses different people to present the same message but in a variety of ways that ensures we all "get it" at some point.

Like I said I hope you do not mind, but if it is a problem I'll leave it to your judgement as a moderator to decide what to do. But I will say you have managed to capture it in a far more succinct package than me. Mine is somewhat longer, but hopefully you will enjoy reading it as much as I have enjoyed reading yours.

Keep an eye out for "The Secret of The Narrow Gate".

Regards Misty.

I would love to read our poem, feel free to post in this thread.

Oops I posted it in this forum but on a separate thread so as to not hijack yours. But I did tell people to check this thread out also if the have not already. So its up there already if you want to check it out.

Back