Plant-based Meat...No Thanks!

Seeing more and more of the plant-based meat alternatives, I'm somewhat left speechless. The vast differences in nutrition between eating beef as opposed to the so-called "plant-based" alternatives, which ALSO have synthetic sugars in them, and other not so healthy additives for flavoring, texturing and color, looking at the health problems lab rats had eating that stuff was more than enough to turn me away from it.

So, READ THE LABELING! Look at the ingredients on everything you buy. If you see stuff you don't know what it is, the internet is a WEALTH of information at your fingertips while standing right there in the store, looking at the labels.

Healthy bodies make for more effective ministering to others the Gospel of Christ Jesus.

Amen

MM

I would imagine that Bill Gates and all the other wealthy elite eat steak, caviar, lamb, lobster, and all manner of other rich foods that are highly nutritious that the Lord created for our benefit that they are trying to take away through false claims!

MM

Seeing more and more of the plant-based meat alternatives, I'm somewhat left speechless. The vast differences in nutrition between eating beef as opposed to the so-called "plant-based" alternatives, which ALSO have synthetic sugars in them, and other not so healthy additives for flavoring, texturing and color, looking at the health problems lab rats had eating that stuff was more than enough to turn me away from it.

So, READ THE LABELING! Look at the ingredients on everything you buy. If you see stuff you don't know what it is, the internet is a WEALTH of information at your fingertips while standing right there in the store, looking at the labels.

Healthy bodies make for more effective ministering to others the Gospel of Christ Jesus.

Amen

MM
The phrase "plant-based meat" is an oxymoron unless one is referring to the idea that cattle are nourished by grazing.

The phrase "plant-based meat" is an oxymoron unless one is referring to the idea that cattle are nourished by grazing.

Yes, oxymorons are an effective tool to entice mindless or inattentive people to buy the stuff, try it, and the sugars in them will mask the bad tastes of the plant base of such things as textured vegetable proteins. Yes, the veggie patties do have some proteins, but nowhere near the plethora of proteins, fats and nutrients of real beef.

People want free energy...well, were we to pay for the massive amount of energy that the cows expend by foraging, digesting, all the chemical processes that take place to make inedible vegetation into edible meats, and we would be paying far higher energy bills, per se.

Leave it to an Engineer to think of something like that...right?

MM

Yes, oxymorons are an effective tool to entice mindless or inattentive people to buy the stuff, try it, and the sugars in them will mask the bad tastes of the plant base of such things as textured vegetable proteins. Yes, the veggie patties do have some proteins, but nowhere near the plethora of proteins, fats and nutrients of real beef.

People want free energy...well, were we to pay for the massive amount of energy that the cows expend by foraging, digesting, all the chemical processes that take place to make inedible vegetation into edible meats, and we would be paying far higher energy bills, per se.

Leave it to an Engineer to think of something like that...right?

MM
The fake meat brings to mind soylent green.

My cousin Bubba, over in Tennessee, is an oxymoron.

He's as strong as an ox, but he's a real moron.

Bubba eats beef, venison, rabbit, squirrel, opossum, racoon, ducks, geese, chicken, turkey and grouse.
Then for desert, he has a 'plant based' cake. Not a piece of cake - a whole cake.

908ca99dcc89f638d0862655ff8701cd48943ca6_2000x2000.webp

`

Amen

MM
Now you probably know this, but there is no such thing as "plant based MEAT"!

There is a product made from "plants" that they call "meat alternative" but it is in fact is "Vegan"!.

Now you probably know this, but there is no such thing as "plant based MEAT"!

There is a product made from "plants" that they call "meat alternative" but it is in fact is "Vegan"!.

Don't Vegans consider it their meat...meat of the plant?

MM

Back